MAB

21314 - LEGO® TRON: Legacy

The Brick Fan - LEGO Ideas TRON: Legacy (21314) Officially Announced

21314 LEGO® Ideas TRON: Legacy

Ages 10+. 230pieces.

US $34.99- CA $44.99 – DE 34.99€ – FR 34.99€ – UK £29.99 – DK 300DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Reimagine Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie scenes with LEGO® bricks!

Build Disney’s TRON: Legacy with this LEGO® Ideas set, featuring 2 Light Cycles, 3 minifigures and a TRON grid/display base to recreate the movie chase scene and Identity Disc battle.

Build, play and display with this futuristic LEGO® Ideas 21314 TRON: Legacy set from Disney, featuring 2 Light Cycles, each with minifigure seats and translucent-colored light-style elements, plus a divisible TRON grid with attachment points for the vehicles. Use the grid as a display base for the Light Cycles or split it in 2 to recreate the chase scene from Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie. Alternatively, stage an Identity Disc battle between the 3 included LEGO minifigures—Sam Flynn, Quorra and Rinzler—on the grid. This construction toy includes a booklet with information about its fan creator and LEGO designers, plus the lowdown on Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie and its main characters.

• Includes 3 LEGO® minifigures: Sam Flynn, Quorra and Rinzler.
• Features 2 buildable Light Cycles for Sam Flynn and Rinzler, and a TRON grid/display base.
• Sam Flynn’s Light Cycle features a minifigure seat, authentic features and assorted translucent-blue light-style elements, including power stream effects.
• Rinzler’s Light Cycle features a minifigure seat, authentic features and assorted translucent-orange light-style elements, including power stream effects.
• TRON grid/display base features 2 detachable parts, attachment points for the 2 Light Cycles and translucent-blue elements.
• Divide the grid to recreate the Light Cyclechase scene from Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie, or use it to role-play the disc battle scene with the minifigures.
• Includes Quorra’s sword.
• Accessory elements include Sam Flynn and Quorra’s blue Identity Discs, and Rinzler’s 2 orange Identity Discs. Attached to the back of each minifigure.
• This construction toy includes a booklet with building instructions, information about the set’s fan creator and LEGO designers, and the lowdown on Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie and its main characters.
• Each Light Cycle measures over 1″ (5cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
• TRON grid/display base measures over 8” (22cm) wide and 3” (9cm) deep.

LEGO%20Ideas%20TRON%20Legacy%20(21314)-6

Edited by Digger of Bricks

They did custom make a new helmet, offer several parts in new colors and best of all, still designed a display base for it. Appears to show the wheels do spin. I didn't expect that. For 230 pieces I would expect most sets to be fairly priced at $25. Considering all the design, new elements, new colors, and pad printed pieces I am happy to pay the extra $10. This set may inspire me to add to the theme with a 15 in tall Recognizer (LDD design in progress). I may do a grid base display to fit this as well. 

The nice part about the custom face prints is that you can take pre existing printed pants and torso pieces to make their real life outfits. Kevin Flynn can be made using old Luke parts. 

Why haven't they made that double studded neck bracket part in any solid color yet? It's just weird in transparent.

6 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Why haven't they made that double studded neck bracket part in any solid color yet? It's just weird in transparent.

I guess they haven't had a need for it.  Most of its uses have been to connect something to the back of a minifigure in situations where the connection wouldn't be seen, much like these identity discs.

They've done a good job, the final set looks better than the original submission. I guess it would have been too small with just one light cycle.

I am trying to figure out how they made the set 230 pieces. I looked the images and figured out the display base is 30 pieces each. The minfigs with accessories and hair are 22 bricks (if you do not count hands). That means the light cycles are 70 pieces each. I tried to duplicate the set in LDD and keep coming up with 144 pieces. Because the cycles have rotating wheels I used technic bricks and pins, with a 3 wide bar inside to hold the wheels together. Most of the set is visible so I am not sure how they got the light cycles from 81 pieces to 70. If I take the bar out, one side of the wheel falls off. My assumption is I am somehow using more parts that they are in the wheel design. 

I know it releases in a few days, I just thought it would be fun to figure out the build. You can see the LDD file I did on my account.

Light Cycle LDD file

tron_light_cycle.lxf.png

Cehnot - note that the wheels on the model are somewhat hollow, seems like you are using dishes on yours.

I'm very happy with how this set turned out, way better than the initial submission. It's $10 higher than I expected but I wasn't expecting the display base based on the box images so I'm not mad about it. The display base looks really nice as does everything about this set. I very much look forward to getting my hands on it!

1 hour ago, JGW3000 said:

Cehnot - note that the wheels on the model are somewhat hollow, seems like you are using dishes on yours.

Those parts are transparent dishes with printing on them. The hollow part is the fact you see through the dish. They are using round plates. If you watch the teaser trailer you can tell how they made the wheels. 

Whilst the price is high re. PPR, it's such a clean looking set design that will probably be an impulse purchase for any AFOL/sci-fi fan.

Congrats again to Devon-based BrickBros for their submission - should earn them a quid or two.

Love the base, and the way it can be changed to a square display for minifigures is great.

i remember people saying that this set would be 1 cycle with 1 Minifigure and that would be it. But here we are with 2 cycles, 3 minifig s, lightstreams and a display base! Awesome stuff!

day one buy for me! (If I had the money, a pay-day buy for sure)

Someone in particular over on Instagram already has a copy of the set, with a good on-hands look at each of the figures, the Lightcycles, and the instructions.

48 minutes ago, cehnot said:

Those parts are transparent dishes with printing on them. The hollow part is the fact you see through the dish. They are using round plates. If you watch the teaser trailer you can tell how they made the wheels. 

You are correct sir, I guess I need a better quality display

It's a good review, but a shame they didn't (or maybe couldn't) compare the actual product against their original submission.

Doesn't the LEGO team work with the original designers to develops the final project? Based on the video review it sure sounded like they went back and forth quite a bit in order to nail the design. 

Being a huge Tron fanatic, loving this set. However, my major gripe, is the incorrect character selection for this scene. In the movie, Sam is facing off with Cue, but Rizzler (aka Tron) is included. Now Rizzler is a way cooler character, just kinda bugs me in the end. The Quorra figure is the highlight of this set imho, and comes with an extra sword in the spair parts. Duel wielding swords are not movie accurate, but way too cool +1. Lastly, LEGO should have replicated the Wand which creates the cycles, but just my two cents.

7 hours ago, Jollygrnreefer said:

LEGO should have replicated the Wand which creates the cycles, but just my two cents.

I agree.  That would have been a small but nice touch.