MAB

21314 - LEGO® TRON: Legacy

6 hours ago, TAFOL said:

Any guesses on the price for this set? As there are probably 2 light cycles and 3 minifigures included, my prediction would be around $30,-/$35,-.

I'm guessing this will be a US $20-$25 set based upon the size of the unprinted box shown held by the set designer at the end of the results announcement video. Given that we haven't seen any other figures leaked beyond the three we know of, yes, I wouldn't expect anyone else. As for Lightcycles, a set that's around that estimated price range would just have to have more than one, as I doubt 200-250 parts would construct only one Lightcycle.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm guessing this will be a US $20-$25 set based upon the size of the unprinted box shown held by the set designer at the end of the results announcement video. Given that we haven't seen any other figures leaked beyond the three we know of, yes, I wouldn't expect anyone else. As for Lightcycles, a set that's around that estimated price range would just have to have more than one, as I doubt 200-250 parts would construct only one Lightcycle.

I wouldn't be so sure.  Don't forget the license (which is owned by money-hungry Disney), which will of course inflate the price.  As much as I would love 2 light cycles, I don't want to be too optimistic that it could be a reality.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

I wouldn't be so sure.  Don't forget the license (which is owned by money-hungry Disney), which will of course inflate the price.  As much as I would love 2 light cycles, I don't want to be too optimistic that it could be a reality.

For one thing though, I really doubt that the final Lightcycle build will be as chunky as the proposed model was, as I don't think Disney will find it as sleek and akin to the original source material. So, as a result, I believe the final build will end up being composed of less parts than the proposal had, instead resorting to finer detailing being printed. I suppose the display base seen in the original proposal will carry on over to the final product, so that could eat up a bit of the part count. :def_shrug:

Spoiler

2148231-o_1a1re1a8b190v1e51iutve71902b-t

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The tron set leaked. It comes with two light cycles and the three minifigures already leaked. Overall looks very good 

Yes, it looks awesome.  Surprised to see the 2 vehicles, but excited.  Can't wait!

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The tron set leaked. It comes with two light cycles and the three minifigures already leaked. Overall looks very good 

Damn, it does look good! I was so ready for disappointment, but hey, it did after all come with two cycles! :drool:

I'm still trying to figure out how the wheels are constructed, but I do see that both cycles incorporate transparent 4×4 radar dishes with printing, which looks great! :grin:

By the way, is that katana of Quora's transparent?

4 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

It does look white to me...

Also, they all seem to be donning some very burdensome Identity Discs. *huh*

This leaked image is different enough from the IDEAS submission that I am starting to have some doubts about getting it, went from a must-have to a maybe, although 2x on the lightcycles is nice.  Will wait for official images and/or reviews before deciding.  I wonder if TLG got the wheels to spin, to give the set some play value?  Unlike the IDEAS set, the leaked image is not movie-accurate.

Edited by JGW3000

It seems to me that what was approved in the review was just the idea, not the set itself, because it looks nothing like the project

35 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

This leaked image is different enough from the IDEAS submission that I am starting to have some doubts about getting it, went from a must-have to a maybe, although 2x on the lightcycles is nice.  Will wait for official images and/or reviews before deciding.  I wonder if TLG got the wheels to spin, to give the set some play value?  Unlike the IDEAS set, the leaked image is not movie-accurate.

How different opinions! Instead to me rises from a "never in life" to a "concrete maybe".

Knew it wouldn’t come with just one cycle. This is an amazing set. I wish we could get Flynn’s classic cycle and a recogniser, but this will do me!!!

I wish they created new discs, but it looks like they are a 2x2 round tile. I plan on getting a few of these sets and modding it. Great figures, excited to see this in stores. 

The Women of NASA was $25 and that's tiny. This set will probably be $50.

And frankly, the Ultra Agents bike looked fine to me and was only $20.

6 hours ago, JGW3000 said:

Personally, I thought the original submission was a rather cluttered mess. The finalized set's take on the Lightcycle looks a lot cleaner, much like the original source material.

Just compare the submission model to what was seen in the film:

Spoiler

2148234-o_1a1re1a8b1pjhci4ogpoq7f8uc-thu

Light Cycle Tron Legacy

I agree the new set actually makes it look skinnier. The design works and they might be adding a light trail using window panels. I wish they had a Clu and Flynn. I would spend an extra $10 just to have those added. 

I like how the leak looks. A blue and an orange cycle. It looks like we are getting Sam Flynn, Tron, and Quora. Quora suffers the same issue the Star Wars Rey figures have in that her arms are a solid color when a dual mold with a skin tone on top would more accurately represent the "sleeveless sleeve" the character wears. Other than that, I can't nitpick the rest of it looks pretty solid. 

Liking the leaked images - if those are legit then I'm in for at least one set, maybe two...

(wife says she wants one lightcycle for her desk at work - and I'm not splitting a set... so gotta have two, then! obvs. :wink:)

Note that Tron/Rinzler has two disks on his back, but I suspect the bottom disk is just a regular 2x2 round plate. I thought they would use those ring weapons found in the Black Panther sets, but I'm ok if the 2x2 tile is printed nicely.

downloadfile-9.jpg?type=w800

Now, if Quorra had her car, then it'll seem less weird than having her just hanging out on the light cycle grid. Then the set will be similar to this one:
SuperCycleChase.jpg

Edited by badbob001

1 hour ago, badbob001 said:

I thought they would use those ring weapons found in the Black Panther sets, but I'm ok if the 2x2 tile is printed nicely.

Many people said that about those ring pieces when those two sets were unveiled, but honestly, I don't think they could have effectively cut it. As big as they are, the printed 2×2 tiles work pretty good for a preexisting solution.