MAB

21314 - LEGO® TRON: Legacy

6 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I know, they are so cool! I love the detail on Corrupted Tron, the helmet is a nice mold. I can’t wait to see be light cycle.

I can't believe that they has actually made a new helmet mold for Tron!

By the way, the image of all three characters has both Sam and Quora's torso and legs paired with the wrong heads.

49 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Over on Instagram under #legoleak, there are two purported images of this set's minifigures, which include Sam, Quora, and Clu with a new helmet mold. :shrug_confused:

Edit: Oh, that figure I said was Clu is actually Rinzler/Corrupted Tron.

Helmet mold isn’t new. It’s the same one vulture, Ironman, and super adaptoid use

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Helmet mold isn’t new. It’s the same one vulture, Ironman, and super adaptoid use

Whoa, you're right, how come I had never thought of that before as a preexisting option?! *huh*

Seen this few days ago. But it doesn't interest me. Don't get me wrong I do like the figs. Well detailed.

I was crazy to think that this is antman and the wasp figs coz of the style is simillar to their suits. But then again I realize lego will release IDEAS set.

There will be more coming.

Does anyone think that the presence of a Tron figure might suggest that there is another adversarial Lightcycle in this set next to Sam's, or is he just an additional supplementary figure like Quora?

30 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

There will be more coming.

Um, what do you mean by this in context to the rest of your post? :shrug_confused:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Does anyone think that the presence of a Tron figure might suggest that there is another adversarial Lightcycle in this set next to Sam's, or is he just an additional supplementary figure like Quora?

I'm not too familiar with the movie, but could they just include a change in the "light" color?

Just now, deskp said:

I'm not too familiar with the movie, but could they just include a change in the "light" color?

As in that they could supply alternate transparent colored parts to change the model? That's a cool idea.

1 minute ago, julesvincent said:

I‘m really surprised to see 3 figs in total. 

That might not be the total number, maybe.

If the minifigs are already in production, we shouldn't have to wait for too long before the reveal and release of the set.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

As in that they could supply alternate transparent colored parts to change the model? That's a cool idea.

I don't know, given the (likely) size of one Lightcycle, that'd be kinda cheap.  I'd prefer the set to include parts to build two separate Lightcycles at the same time, although that mostly depends on which price point they aim for and how many parts are used for a / the Lightcycle.

2 hours ago, Leewan said:

I'd prefer the set to include parts to build two separate Lightcycles at the same time, although that mostly depends on which price point they aim for and how many parts are used for a / the Lightcycle.

Ditto, and honestly, I do think that will be the way it turns out, perhaps with also an additional display base. I'm also guessing that each Lightcycle will end up using less parts in the final product than what has been originally proposed, instead relying more on printed parts for the finer detailing.

2 hours ago, Leewan said:

If the minifigs are already in production, we shouldn't have to wait for too long before the reveal and release of the set.

The set's designer did have the presumably finished product in his hands at the end of the results announcement video, so if that says anything...

Also, gauging from the size of the box he held in that video, I'd estimate it's a US $20-$30 set, with roughly 200-300 parts included.

I'm a huge fan of TRON both the original and Legacy, but I have no desire for a light cycle and 3 mini-figs.  It's just too small of a set.  Someone MOC up a Recognizer or Tron battle tank at minifig scale then you'll have me excited!

Simply changing the colours from blue to orange wouldn’t work in Munich opinion, the bikes actually have different designs in the movie. Rinzler’s is more ‘custom’ compared to the generic ones used by Sam and his team.

these figures are awesome though! I hope Sam and Quorra come with helmets (cool fact none of the movie merchandise gave Quorra a normal face, presumably Olivia Wilde didn’t approve likeness rights) so this will be the first one. I also hope plenty of identidy discs are included, and a sword for Quorra.

so excited! Presuming this will be released March/April time

Instagram user Mario Power has an image of both Sam and Quora's minifigures with their heads paired with their correct torso and legs.

On 12/01/2018 at 11:15 PM, Great Ball Pit said:

I'm a huge fan of TRON both the original and Legacy, but I have no desire for a light cycle and 3 mini-figs.  It's just too small of a set.  Someone MOC up a Recognizer or Tron battle tank at minifig scale then you'll have me excited!

Then you will probably have to do without anything. A small set got 10000 votes and passed review. It is likely that all they will make from Tron is this small ideas set.

Over on Instagram under #legoleak, there are now some clear front, side, and back profile pictures of both Sam and Quora's minifigures, and it appears that they both have their Identity Discs printed on.

22 hours ago, cehnot said:

They must have taken it down because I cannot find them anywhere. 

They are still up on Instagram user mp_minifigureworld's page, though he only has their front profile pictures, including that of Rinzler/Tron which I hadn't seen before myself.

I love those figs and I can't wait to see the finished product. I have no issue with it being a small set, that's likely to sell better and might even convince LEGO and Disney to make more. Besides, this year's sets are already going to be brutal to my wallet, an affordable Tron set is great. I loved Legacy and the Uprising tv show. The theme in general is criminally underrated. I absolutely love the design aesthetic and I was really disappointed when they canceled the sequel to Legacy. Any Tron fan should be grateful we are even getting this as this may be the only Tron-related thing we may get for a very long time. Too bad Dimensions was canned, Tron would've made for a great addition.

I’m fairly certain that with the inclusion of Rinzler that this set will include 2 lightcycles, which makes sense with the box size seen in the video. It wouldn’t be the first time that an Ideas product is different from the idea, for example the upcoming ship in a bottle is significantly smaller. 

Identity Discs. New mould? Have Ideas sets in the past had exclusive mounds before? None come to my mind

21 minutes ago, Rinzler said:

Identity Discs. New mould? Have Ideas sets in the past had exclusive mounds before? None come to my mind

I haven't seen any pic, but that mould can be introduced earlier with other theme like Avengers or something

I dobut they would introduce a new mold for an Ideas set

They might use the piece introduced for Nakia in the Black Panther sets for the identity discs

Lego Ideas have been officially said to never have new moulder parts due to budget as far as I’m aware. Doc Brown, Peter Venkman and the Doctor got hair from the  Dimensions budget, along with the sonic screwdriver for the Doctor.