MAB

21314 - LEGO® TRON: Legacy

Wow, finally! Disappointed though- was hoping for Power Rangers. However, nice looking set. 

Edited by Lego-fire

It seems to me this would be more successful if there were two cycles... one blue and one red? Hoping the light trail gets reworked as a solid ribbon, versus round studs which look more like exhaust...

Since the IDEAS submission is for a small set, I am really hoping that they will add a second lightcycle or maybe a lightspeeder

Based on the fact that most Idea sets average the $60 range I am sure they will include multiple characters and several light cycles. The people who designed the set also submitted a Rinzler Light Cycle option. I expect them to create a Sam, Flynn, Quorra and Tron minifig set as well as 2 light cycles. They may surprise us with classic torn minifigs. 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8fca2a84-b3c3-4a95-92c2-2a2c85310a1a

Just now, cehnot said:

Based on the fact that most Idea sets average the $60 range I am sure they will include multiple characters and several light cycles. The people who designed the set also submitted a Rinzler Light Cycle option. I expect them to create a Sam, Flynn, Quorra and Tron minifig set as well as 2 light cycles. They may surprise us with classic torn minifigs. 

I think you are very optimistic. As far as I see the ideas sets, they're all pretty close to the submission. I think this will stay in the $30-40 range with the maximum of 2 figs.

Great ! I'm really excited for this ! I wonder if it will make use of the future / new ring pieces from the 76100 Black Panther set, either as a light disc or for the wheels.

As others said, it would be nice to have more than one lightcycle (at least one for Sam and one for Rinzler or Clu), although I'd also like to see a lightcycle built at a bigger scale, to have something that's more faithful to the source material. It's hard to build something that's minifig-scale, and that really looks like the movie design. I don't know how much freedom the designers have to adapt a MOC into a set.

17 minutes ago, cehnot said:

That isn't a fact.

Just now, Leewan said:

I don't know how much freedom the designers have to adapt a MOC into a set.

Quite little. They often change the design a little but not so much the scale of a set. People voted for a small minifig scale one, not a large detailed version.

1 hour ago, julesvincent said:

I think you are very optimistic. As far as I see the ideas sets, they're all pretty close to the submission. I think this will stay in the $30-40 range with the maximum of 2 figs.

Nothing wrong with that I'd say.

Yes!! I'm a fan of the Tron franchise, and can't wait to see the finished model. Hopefully we'll get some great minifigures along with it too. :laugh:

I certainly can't say that I'm not excited for this project's approval, as Tron Legacy was such an amazing visual spectacle of a film.

But, I am somewhat disappointed that it was the only accepted project of the review. I at least hoped that one of the other projects from the First 2017 Review would carry over to the Second 2017 Review for further consideration, since the six projects in the next review look pretty hopeless. :sad:

4 hours ago, JGW3000 said:

Since the IDEAS submission is for a small set, I am really hoping that they will add a second lightcycle or maybe a lightspeeder

I think we can sort of get a sense of the size of the finalized product from looking at that black box that the set designer is holding at the end of the review results announcement video. Presumably, that is the finalized product in his hands, right?

But like you had suggested, I almost think that will indeed be the case. It may be that Disney might want many of the smaller details of the Lightcycle to be either printed or stickered, as opposed to brick built, to comply with the licensing requirements. If so, that would end up reducing the piece count down to such a small amount, that a second Lightcycle would be necessary.

Cool! If they are making it into a bigger set then they should do a second lightcycle in Rinzler colours (with Rinzler/TRON minifig) or maybe even a white Flynn prototype one (still the fastest thing on the grid!) to go along with it.

I'd buy that sorta set in a second. :wub:

I wonder if normal "racer" helmets are going to suffice for the minifigure(s) in this set, or if Lego will have to introduce a new mold instead in this case. If Lego simply sticks to using whatever they may have on hand, I don't think there are any other preexisting headgear molds that could work any better than the "racer" helmet that is utilized in the proposal model. 

Now perhaps I may be wrong about that, if so, does anyone have any ideas for a better headgear part that Lego already has on hand?

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I wonder if normal "racer" helmets are going to suffice for the minifigure(s) in this set, or if Lego will have to introduce a new mold instead in this case. If Lego simply sticks to using whatever they may have on hand, I don't think there are any other preexisting headgear molds that could work any better than the "racer" helmet that is utilized in the proposal model. 

Now perhaps I may be wrong about that, if so, does anyone have any ideas for a better headgear part that Lego already has on hand?

Maybe the ADU helmets? A bit more sci-do textured

I'm happy the Tron bike made it. I'm sure its going to be a nice, and if it stays minifig size (which I strongly assume), its going to be a quite affordable set too.

Its a pity though that the quest builder or the arcade games didn't got through. Its quite understandable with the games, since Tron is very much covering the same theme. 

Oh, very much keeping an eye on this. Years ago when the Disney stuff started popping up, I remember jotting down notes for my ideas on a Tron theme...might have to dig those up.

Looking forward to this set.  A red one would be nice as well, and the idea of a solid ribbon is a good one.

I'm rather intrigued by Tron being selected. Personally, I loves me some Tron, ever since I was a kid seeing the first flick on the big screen. I remember making a blue Recognizer and a mini-scale grid tank out of my Lego back then. 

Hopefully, with Disney and Lego working more closely lately on merchandise like the CMF line and the Disney Castle,  Ideas does this set justice. 

They released a video thanking everybody. They knew since August and spent rounds of discussion meetings with the designer since then. Considering the size of the box in the official reveal video I would say they already know the final piece count and design. The 2 guys talked about out finalizing the design with the designer so we will probably have Tron news in the next few months. 

Over on Instagram under #legoleak, there are two purported images of this set's minifigures, which include Sam, Quora, and Clu with a new helmet mold. :shrug_confused:

Edit: Oh, that figure I said was Clu is actually Rinzler/Corrupted Tron.

Edited by Digger of Bricks