Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Recommended Posts

Regarding the IW sets with the displaying of them this next weekend at toy fair, will Lego officially reveal them online, pictures and all, before the toy fair, or after the toy fair ends? I can’t recall from the past few years. I also don’t know if back of the box images will be on display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AmericaLego said:

Regarding the IW sets with the displaying of them this next weekend at toy fair, will Lego officially reveal them online, pictures and all, before the toy fair, or after the toy fair ends? I can’t recall from the past few years. I also don’t know if back of the box images will be on display.

Well this toy fair is different because Leno is only showing sets coming out before June. The only sets we know for sure that will be revealed are the Jurassic world sets thanks to the previous toy fair where they announced the rest of the line would be revealed. In the past, Lego has had a secert room at the toy fairs where you have to have special access to get into and no photographs are allowed. If they keep up this trend this year then I could see them putting the infinity war and incredibles 2 sets in this room. But if they don’t have the room and display the infinity war sets they will have the box art displayed along side the sets. Lego would only release them online if they were part of the official press release like the Jurassic world sets were for the German toy fair 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well this toy fair is different because Leno is only showing sets coming out before June. The only sets we know for sure that will be revealed are the Jurassic world sets thanks to the previous toy fair where they announced the rest of the line would be revealed. In the past, Lego has had a secert room at the toy fairs where you have to have special access to get into and no photographs are allowed. If they keep up this trend this year then I could see them putting the infinity war and incredibles 2 sets in this room. But if they don’t have the room and display the infinity war sets they will have the box art displayed along side the sets. Lego would only release them online if they were part of the official press release like the Jurassic world sets were for the German toy fair 

We attend the NY Toy Fair every year and typically all the sets are out in the open in their booth, but the booth is by appointment only. All the sets are out for us to see, usually the movie sets will have people guarding them so we don't take pics of those sets. Last year the Spider-man sets were out but and we could take pics, but not the Thor or Justice League sets.  We should have full descriptions beyond what is already leaked. With them only showing off the first half of the year I am not sure there will be any photo restrictions. 

We will start early Saturday AM so make sure to follow our Instagram feed, we should start posting between 7:15 and 7:30 EST

Kastor's Korner Instagram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/02/2018 at 1:11 PM, mrcngrck said:

yes

Well, what a waste of a D2C set. It's very disappointing in my opinion.  I can think of several sets that would have made far better UCS sets than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kastorskorner said:

We attend the NY Toy Fair every year and typically all the sets are out in the open in their booth, but the booth is by appointment only. All the sets are out for us to see, usually the movie sets will have people guarding them so we don't take pics of those sets. Last year the Spider-man sets were out but and we could take pics, but not the Thor or Justice League sets.  We should have full descriptions beyond what is already leaked. With them only showing off the first half of the year I am not sure there will be any photo restrictions. 

We will start early Saturday AM so make sure to follow our Instagram feed, we should start posting between 7:15 and 7:30 EST

Kastor's Korner Instagram

Hope we will get so much pictures. I want different angles of Sanctum Sanctorum and Lockwood Manor!

14 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well this toy fair is different because Leno is only showing sets coming out before June. The only sets we know for sure that will be revealed are the Jurassic world sets thanks to the previous toy fair where they announced the rest of the line would be revealed. In the past, Lego has had a secert room at the toy fairs where you have to have special access to get into and no photographs are allowed. If they keep up this trend this year then I could see them putting the infinity war and incredibles 2 sets in this room. But if they don’t have the room and display the infinity war sets they will have the box art displayed along side the sets. Lego would only release them online if they were part of the official press release like the Jurassic world sets were for the German toy fair 

Why would they reveal Jurassic World sets 2 months before and don't reveal Infinity War sets 2 weeks before? In official press release, there was info that MORE of JW sets will be revealed, not all of them. Also, they will reveal IW sets for 99%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back of the sanctum box leaked. It looks nice but the floor plan is a little werid. One side of the building is the sanctum while the other side is the pizza place with Peters apartment. The back of the box also includes The LEGO version of thanos with all the stones assembled into the ganulet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interior looks great. Shwarma meat is amazing :laugh:. Only thing that I’m not a fan of and haven’t been a fan of since pics leaked is the water tower, it looks way too flimsy. Someone should probably replace it with the water tower from the Detective’s Office modular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found the image, Mario has it. 

That is really...bad. So plain! So much light bluish grey! So many technic pinholes! It looks like the Daily Bugle, but somehow worse on the inside!

I’ll agree with Legocity, the schwarma “joint” is pretty great. Doctor Strange’s offices aren’t the worst, but I was expecting better.

I still wonder how the Iron Spider suit can be stashed in the water tank? Maybe attached via the holes on the back of the legs to the blue technic pin/stud? Does not look like much room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So the space bike from the malano Set comes out of the front cockpit not from the back. The bike looks a little silly

That’s what I thought when looking at the original image. The mid section looks to be where the gauntlet is stored. The bike does look weird but cool at the same time. It’s cool how it slides in.

Edited by AmericaLego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wakandan wall is awesome and easily one of my favorite Marvel builds yet due to the colors and overall design. The space bike in the Milano is weird but it’s a good use of the interior space and it could be a lot worse. Hopefully this means that we have room for more figures in the middle! The Sanctum is pretty barebones. I like how there are doorways in Peter’s apartment and the pizza place is very nice, but the actual Sanctum interior parts are extremely cramped. I wish they had just focused on the Sanctum Sanctorum because I think it would look a lot better. The exposed Technic holes are mildly annoying but not that big of a deal overall. The new Hulkbuster is awesome and I love how part of it opens out! It’s interesting that the Soul Stone is stored inside the turret build. I’m very excited to finally get these sets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

 The space bike in the Milano is weird but it’s a good use of the interior space and it could be a lot worse. Hopefully this means that we have room for more figures in the middle! 

There is only space for 2 figures. The back is storage for the ganulet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I really like that the Wakandan Wall has a nice, tech-infused interior. It has a really cool aesthetic, and I see it also comes with two more of the rings Nakia had in 76100.

Agreed. Its a really pleasant surprise! Really want to put Winter Soldier in that medical chair too. :excited:

That pod in the Thor, Groot, and Rocket set is going to need some modifying for sure. Not planning on getting the Milano but the way it attatches to it is also very bulky and not visually appealing. Almost makes the pod seem like the front cockpit of the ship. :sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

There is only space for 2 figures. The back is storage for the ganulet 

Where are the pictures of the interior? That sounds very disappointing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Where are the pictures of the interior? That sounds very disappointing. 

Mario has all the box images.

@Legocity2713 I think the pod connection looks good. I do, however, agree that space for two minifigures is unfortunate. All that space dedicated to the Gauntlet pedestal is unnecessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Brick Fan has posted all the box arts and official images. 

More notably, Allen states that some Targets reportedly have them extra early. Happy hunting, I’d love to hear some success stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

The Brick Fan has posted all the box arts and official images. 

More notably, Allen states that some Targets reportedly have them extra early. Happy hunting, I’d love to hear some success stories.

Sadly I’m not going to hunt early since I’m waiting for VIP points and special offers and I’d like to get an entire wave at once for the first time. Good luck to everyone else though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The interior of the Sanctum is incredibly disappointing. It's so small that you can barely fit any figs in, not to mention the lack of detail. It really baffles me why they chose to cram the schwarma joint and Peter's room in there when they barely had any room for the Sanctum! It's rather frustrating and becoming far too common in LEGO playsets these days. Great looking exterior but lousy and tiny interiors, just facades. They should've only done one half of the building and use the rest of the parts to lengthen the interior space. For a $100 I expect better. Ah well, it's not like I'm going to be displaying it with the interior exposed.

Edited by ToaDraco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official image thoughts;

76101;Did not realize it could fit two of the Outriders in the pod/vehicle. Still just a figure pack though with two inaccurate Outriders and a poorly printed Captain America

76102; Sliding compartment under the Kiln is something i did not expect, but does not really add anything to the build. Spaceship being able to fit all three figures is good

76103; 'Interior' has an interesting design, medic bay set-up is simplistic but does the job i suppose

76104;Interior of the Hulkbuster actually looks improved over the last version, you see some of the inner workings and the front folds away via three segments rather than just one.The 'go to sleep' feature is inaccurately named as it's instead a smashing feature and not like the punching AoU 'go to sleep'

76107; The Bike feature looks silly and seems to take up all the interior as no sign of anywhere for the characters to fit, instantly making it the least useful Milano being completely over-taken by the play features leaving no room to seat the characters, definitely a downgrade from the previous Milano. Using the bike and seperate escape pod you can fit five characters whereas the Guardians is comprised of at least six (Starlord, Gamora, Rocket, Groot, Drax, Mantis). Escape pod attaches how we expected, ship still looks way too wide. You can put the Infinity Gauntlet on its stand into the back of the Milano, but this just takes up space and it's clear they did not account for the combined form where you'd be unable to open the compartment because the escape pod from 76102 is attached. Probably going to empty out the interior and rework it to fit four/five seats for the Guardians which should be easily done given the space is there, it's just taken up with play features.

76108; Allocation of pieces seems incredibly odd - mostly for the Pizzeria segment. It does not feel like 1000 pieces as a result. Lots of technic pieces. The descriptions were inaccurate originally, nowhere to store the Iron Spider suit - just a winch mechanism. Set would require quite the rework to be more focused on Doctor Strange - only two rooms out of the six really seem focused on Doctor Strange elements. Probably going to scrap the pizzeria side of the building and use it to extend the Doctor Strange segments, add some smooth floors, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly my new favorite piece of Lego logic, in the wakanda wall set, they reuse the old vision from the civil war set. This form of vision still has the mind stone printed on his head. But in the set he is chasing after the mind stone in the set while it is still printed on his head...I don’t know if that is me nitpicking but I find it pretty funny

Edited by Falconfan1414

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.