Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

So a Thor infinity war pop figure leaked. It doesn’t have a certain feature either but what the pop does have is Thor holding his weapon and I have the say Lego appears to have done a really nice job in terms of accuracy with his weapon

12 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So a Thor infinity war pop figure leaked. It doesn’t have a certain feature either but what the pop does have is Thor holding his weapon and I have the say Lego appears to have done a really nice job in terms of accuracy with his weapon

What do you mean? We have already seen him with his weapon in the leaked set images.

5 hours ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

What do you mean? We have already seen him with his weapon in the leaked set images.

We’ve seen the Lego version of his weapon, which might not have been very accurate to the film, but now that we’ve seen the weapon in another context we can see that it is indeed accurate to the movie. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

We’ve seen the Lego version of his weapon, which might not have been very accurate to the film, but now that we’ve seen the weapon in another context we can see that it is indeed accurate to the movie. 

I see, thanks.

So the new CMF's have appeared, but the noticeable one is Cat Suit Guy. Cat Suit Guy provides us with dual molded arms and legs, the flipped version of the Monster Scientist Guy. The legs might be worth trying on Proxima Midnight - still wont be accurate looking, but it'd help vary the figure a bit more.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

So the new CMF's have appeared, but the noticeable one is Cat Suit Guy. Cat Suit Guy provides us with dual molded arms and legs, the flipped version of the Monster Scientist Guy. The legs might be worth trying on Proxima Midnight - still wont be accurate looking, but it'd help vary the figure a bit more.

Not going to work, those legs have fur prints.

33 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Will amazon have the IW sets in stock when they come out on March 1st?

It’s possible Amazon may even have them for pre-order, like they did the Black Panther sets.

22 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

It’s possible Amazon may even have them for pre-order, like they did the Black Panther sets.

Hopefully they have special deals on the price like with the BP sets

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I was thinking you could make a really solid Black Cat out of that torso and legs

58 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Hopefully we see a press release for the D2C on Monday...

Oh, that’d be great. Everyone could use a pick-me-up on a Monday

However, only the Milennium Falcon saw a press release a month in advance. With no early access, I wouldn’t expect a press release. But...it may be on the store calendar for March, which we’d see Monday.

48 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Oh, that’d be great. Everyone could use a pick-me-up on a Monday

However, only the Milennium Falcon saw a press release a month in advance. With no early access, I wouldn’t expect a press release. But...it may be on the store calendar for March, which we’d see Monday.

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t on the store calendar. It’s kind of weird that there won’t be any early access so you’re right that we may not see a press release so early due to that.

Aside from Thor FUNKO POP, there's an image of Ironman Mk50. I hope that we could recreate the cannon arms/hands in Minifigure form. It's very cool.

18 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

We know what the weapon is. It's the version of his weapon used in Marvel's "Ultimate" comic line through the past 12-15 years. It makes sense as many elements of the MCU are borrowed freely from the Ultimates Universe and comic books. Largely as they were a bit more grounded. Hawkeye is the Ultimate version. Falcon is closer to the Ultimate version. Nick Fury is the Ultimate version stepped off the page. Spider-man is the Ultimate version. It's a simple design. Easy to recognize and hard to get wrong. And one that is easy to do in Lego.  Beta Ray Bill or Storm's Hammers may need a special piece :tongue:

Not directly related, but I just realized that the new CMF18 Cat costume + this Catwoman head + this hair gives us a decent Marvel Black Cat stand-in:

3626cpb1519.png

image.png.272753dd040f3aec5e1d50609a681f9c.png

27 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

^^ Then lego will release an official Black Cat minifigure afterwards. Knowing lego brilliant move. :wink:

Lego also likes to throw other Spider-Man villains in as well, so hoping for Mysterio as well, and maybe an reprinted Sandman

3 hours ago, Sammael said:

Not directly related, but I just realized that the new CMF18 Cat costume + this Catwoman head + this hair gives us a decent Marvel Black Cat stand-in:

*cough* I already said this *cough*

That hair and head does work really well though. 

Edited by Ultron

9 hours ago, Faefrost said:

We know what the weapon is. It's the version of his weapon used in Marvel's "Ultimate" comic line through the past 12-15 years. It makes sense as many elements of the MCU are borrowed freely from the Ultimates Universe and comic books. Largely as they were a bit more grounded. Hawkeye is the Ultimate version. Falcon is closer to the Ultimate version. Nick Fury is the Ultimate version stepped off the page. Spider-man is the Ultimate version. It's a simple design. Easy to recognize and hard to get wrong. And one that is easy to do in Lego.  Beta Ray Bill or Storm's Hammers may need a special piece :tongue:

It looks more like Jarnbjorn than Ultimate Mjolnir, though.

10 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Aside from Thor FUNKO POP, there's an image of Ironman Mk50. I hope that we could recreate the cannon arms/hands in Minifigure form. It's very cool.

You can attatch a light blue stud and attatch it to a 1x1 brick in dark red and then stick a minifig’s hand inside of it. Thats what I would do.

12 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

You can attatch a light blue stud and attatch it to a 1x1 brick in dark red and then stick a minifig’s hand inside of it. Thats what I would do.

I don't get it. I'm sorry if I sound noobie. Can you post a picture atleast? I was hoping to get a similar arms from Cyborg.