Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

5 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Tiny bit of information, I was told by my source. D2C has something to do with "Good Guy Ship" though it was translated from a foreign website. 

Dunno the legitimacy about it and accuracy.

Avengers Space Ship maybe? If they go to space?

The obvious candidate is Quinjet. It they do that. They can include earth based heroes. Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, WarMa and Wong (highly unlikely) 

28 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Tiny bit of information, I was told by my source. D2C has something to do with "Good Guy Ship" though it was translated from a foreign website. 

Dunno the legitimacy about it and accuracy.

The Star Wars Solo sets were reported to have very similar code names like "Villian Vehicle" and they ended up being pretty accurate. If this is true, I'd say the 2 biggest candidates are the Statesman (the massive ship Thor, Loki, the Asgardians, etc are in at the end of Ragnarok) or a UCS style Quinjet. Realistically speaking, the Quinjet is probably the most likely option.

Is Adam Warlock also in the new movie? He was hinted in the gotg movie and a big foe of thanos in the comics, like one of the biggest heroes in the infinity gauntlet. He could be also in the d2c? And what about Nebula?

Just now, Borex said:

Is Adam Warlock also in the new movie? He was hinted in the gotg movie and a big foe of thanos in the comics, like one of the biggest heroes in the infinity gauntlet. He could be also in the d2c? And what about Nebula?

No James Gunn said vol 3 at the earliest for warlock 

The Statesman makes a LOT of sense for the ship, as its apparently a big scene that involves Loki, Thanos (without helmet), Thor, Hulk, etc etc

Not sure if it would sell though... its basically a giant block.

While I would prefer an Avengers Facility set as the D2C, I would definitely buy a UCS style Quinjet or Statesman ship as long as they were designed well and hopefully have good play features. 

If it's Asgardian ship then new version of Loki is a guarantee!  Hopefully it means Thor with eyepatch is also included as well as movie accurate Thanos bigfig.

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

The obvious candidate is Quinjet. It they do that. They can include earth based heroes. Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, WarMa and Wong (highly unlikely) 

I’m just so sick of the quinjet. We’ve had three versions already. I hope it’s something new.

39 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why would they do kinda Thor: Ragnarok set for Infinity War? This doesn't sound right...

I think people want it not to be the quinjet. The next good guy ship that comes to mind would be thor’s Ship. It could also include fixes to some people’s biggest grips (thanos and Thor). While thor’s Ship would be cool my money is the quin jet 

If it's another quinjet, that's an instant skip from me. If any of the figures are good, I'll just bricklink them. If it's the Ark, I'm probably gonna try and get it, although with all the other IW sets coming out I don't know if I will be able to afford it.

Edited by ood0
Put "afford" twice

Hype level dropping =/ Looking at the current sets the only one that makes sense for a 'good guy ship' for a D2C is the Quinjet. I cannot see them releasing a barely recognizable ship that appeared at the end of Thor Ragnarok or a random ship that may be introduced in Avengers Infinity War. Was really wishing it was an 'Avengers Facility' or something similar to house the Avengers - the only thing remotely like that we've had has been Avengers Tower in AoU and a majority of that was focused on the Iron Man suits and Ultron.

6 minutes ago, ood0 said:

If it's the Ark,

If you mean the 'Ark' i believed they were all destroyed, the last one being owned by Malekith and destroyed in Thor; The Dark World. The ship at the end of Thor Ragnarok is known as the 'Statesman' and the ship that finds them in the end credits is known as the 'Sanctuary II' not sure who discovered/made the names, but that's what they have been called.

Edited by Scarilian

A Quinjet is the most likely possibility. It’s appeared in multiple movies and is the most iconic vehicle for the Avengers. I’m perfectly happy with another if it’s UCS style and actually minifigure scale with a great detailed interior. It could also include great new figures for the Avengers, while a Statesman set could not. In addition to that, the Statesman has barely appeared in the MCU at all and would make for a strange D2C. 

This could still be the Avengers Facility with an inclusion of a Quinjet similar to the size of the Civil War one, or the translation could mean good guy base. Just a thought.

I really don't imagine how they could spend $200 on a Quinjet, and especially when there are so many variants to choose from. 

I dont see what minifigures they could include in the quinjet that would be make this set worth it. Like for the helicarrier the minifigure line up is great. We got 5 minifigures Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye (all repeats), Fury, and Hill (Exlusives). Using the minifigures we are missing, mantis, nebula, and drax would be in the set because they are guardians, So that leaves war machine, winter soilder, scarlet witch, and hawkeye as the remaining avengers that could be included in the set. Based on the rumors surrounding hawkeye, my guess is he is saved until the exclusive. Whatever figures lego decides to include, the minifigure could be very weird. It just really seems like they missed a chance with the d2c if it is indeed the quinjet

34 minutes ago, doclord said:

I really don't imagine how they could spend $200 on a Quinjet, and especially when there are so many variants to choose from. 

Star Wars has $200 UCS vehicles based on retail size vehicles that are much smaller than the retail size Quinjets. The Snowspeeders in regular sets aren’t anywhere near the size of a Quinjet and they made a great $200 set out of it. And choosing a Quinjet design is easy- just go with the newest one. The Avengers 1 design is only in that movie and The Winter Soldier, but the new design has been seen in Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Civil War, Homecoming, and Ragnarok. It’s a much better design than the first one as well and I think it looks a lot sleeker. 

I'm going to be so mad if it's just the Quinjet. We don't need more vehicles from this theme...

Where are these Quinjet discussions coming from? 

Let’s keep the speculation here to a minimum please. Thanks. :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Where are these Quinjet discussions coming from? 

One of the leaked catalogue/other descriptions made mention of a ‘good guy’ vehicle for the D2C when translated. Leaves slim pickings, really.