Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Just now, benderisgreat said:

All 6 sets are playsets? Didn't expect that at all, it sounds very unlike Lego to do this.

I didn't say I've seen all of the sets. All of the sets that I have seen. So far I know 3 of them. And Those are all play sets.

13 minutes ago, AmericaLego said:

It is on Instagram under warlord_lego

Oh, it's just a repost. Thanks I've seen it already,

8 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

The bitten up shield that he has is real or custom?

Actually, that photo is a mix bag. Some are old figures doing Figbarf / Some are unreleased for Infinity War sets/ And he also included bootleg (Ironman suit beside Captain America) I assume that shield is a custom.

Real owner of the pic is @jlejean on IG, you can see him posting and mixing bootleg with lego stuff.

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I didn't say I've seen all of the sets. All of the sets that I have seen. So far I know 3 of them. And Those are all play sets.

Oh, it's just a repost. Thanks I've seen it already,

Actually, that photo is a mix bag. Some are old figures doing Figbarf / Some are unreleased for Infinity War sets/ And he also included bootleg (Ironman suit beside Captain America) I assume that shield is a custom.

Real owner of the pic is @jlejean on IG, you can see him posting and mixing bootleg with lego stuff.

Thanks for clarifying. Still even 3 playsets out of 6 seem like a lot for Lego.

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Thanks for clarifying. Still even 3 playsets out of 6 seem like a lot for Lego.

Comparing last year yes it is. There's a bunch of vehicles that I myself can't even display it because it took alot of space in my display area, I'm glad that we're getting atleast this kind of sets.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

So far I know 3 of them. And Those are all play sets.

Wait, so the Attack of Outriders set is a play set? Based on the description I️ assumed it was a vehicle because it was referred to there being landing ships.

21 minutes ago, AmericaLego said:

Wait, so the Attack of Outriders set is a play set? Based on the description I️ assumed it was a vehicle because it was referred to there being landing ships.

You’re correct:

“Avoid the fire of the landing ships...”

Assuming the Hulkbuster set has at least one Outrider, looks like we're going to be getting four of them. Amazing army building

6 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Actually, she has the gauntlets but I don't know if you will be happy or dissapointed. lol

Well, having the gauntlets is something. Cool.

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Same with Klaue's hand. Kinda okay for me.

Just now, doclord said:

Gauntlets will be the grey fist pieces Shocker used, calling it..

Wakanda set sounds amazing! Wish they would’ve made a new mold for Shuri’s gauntlets but the Klaue ones work well enough. I’m surprised at how many playsets there are but I’m very happy about it. I really hope we see pictures soon. 

5 hours ago, AmericaLego said:

That's what I know, probably I saw something that not full. 

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Assuming the Hulkbuster set has at least one Outrider, looks like we're going to be getting four of them. Amazing army building

You got it correctly.

1 hour ago, doclord said:

Gauntlets will be the grey fist pieces Shocker used, calling it..

It's Klaue's hand and Drillex weapon without the drill from Ultra Agents.

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Wakanda set sounds amazing! Wish they would’ve made a new mold for Shuri’s gauntlets but the Klaue ones work well enough. I’m surprised at how many playsets there are but I’m very happy about it. I really hope we see pictures soon. 

I can smell that it will be out soon, Corvus Glaive is menacing with his weapon. I love him when I first saw the leaked pic, and then now that I saw him with his weapon, I like it more.

On a positive minifigure note, the infinity war sets seem to get 25 minifigures in the 6 retail sets while age of ultron got 25 for the total wave including store exclusives so at least we get more minifigures 

Edited by Falconfan1414

4 figures in the Last Battle and 5 in the Sanctum Sanctorum seem light for the prices even if there’s a bigfig in each set. Hopefully Cull Obsidian is detailed and amazing enough to make up for the lack of one or two more figures in that set. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

4 figures in the Last Battle and 5 in the Sanctum Sanctorum seem light for the prices even if there’s a bigfig in each set. Hopefully Cull Obsidian is detailed and amazing enough to make up for the lack of one or two more figures in that set. 

I'll give my word once I have the pics of him. 

7 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Both have big figs and they take up 2 minifigure spots so it’s really 5 and 6. But it does seem pretty light 

I can't wait to see the sanctum sanctorum set, from what Spider Jazz described it sounds like an awesome display piece, however I get the impression that these sets are very play-feature based, this is alright with me if that is the case!

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Both have big figs and they take up 2 minifigure spots so it’s really 5 and 6. But it does seem pretty light 

I expected 6 figures in a $80 set, like in the Airport Battle. And a $100 set should have 7-8 figures, like the Bridge Battle. 

42 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I expected 6 figures in a $80 set, like in the Airport Battle. And a $100 set should have 7-8 figures, like the Bridge Battle. 

But again as @Falconfan1414 said, both of the sets have big figure that's big factor when it comes to lego sets. 

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I can't wait to see the sanctum sanctorum set, from what Spider Jazz described it sounds like an awesome display piece, however I get the impression that these sets are very play-feature based, this is alright with me if that is the case!

I can tell you that it's actually a great set. Very awesome display indeed.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

But again as @Falconfan1414 said, both of the sets have big figure that's big factor when it comes to lego sets. 

I can tell you that it's actually a great set. Very awesome display indeed.

Even with bigfigs I think one more figure needed to be in each set. There’s 3 minifigs in the Last Battle and 4 in the Sanctum Sanctorum (not counting bigfigs). I think that’s too little for the prices but hopefully the builds make up for it. 

6 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I can smell that it will be out soon, Corvus Glaive is menacing with his weapon. I love him when I first saw the leaked pic, and then now that I saw him with his weapon, I like it more.

So am I right in assuming the weapon that he was holding in some of the leaks is just a fake

Picked up the Black Panther sets earlier (along with a couple of minimates and the Legends figs). The TRU display was facing AWAY from the entrance, tucked in a little side area. It was impressive but hard to find.... (Still featured right as you walked in was Justice League).

Not trying to do a full review but just a few points/thoughts since I just finished the builds:

The smaller set had seals, the larger set was glued (since I always check the seals I was baffled at first). I thought LEGO went with seals for cost effectiveness?

The minifigs are cool. But I don't get why CW Black Panther had more printing (his ear piece was printed, and looked great with Zod legs for a full detailed silver look). Moving backwards always strikes me as odd. Both Panthers are alright though. I would have loved an unmasked face/head (but I'll find one that could pass as T'Challa and purist one eventually). Tactical Killmonger has a generic face underneath the mask which was a little disappointing.  Okoye and Nakia are nice aside from no leg printing (which is more sharply noticed when you look at the minimate set that has them both). Klaue's  cannon is pretty neat. If some of the posts above are correct, and they'll be Shuri's gloves as well, perfectly ok with me :) 

I don't get the rhino. It's a neat little build, but I don't know if it's a robot, a cyborg, or a tamed rhino. The mine cart is future looking and enjoy the design (I might repurpose the Lone Ranger silver mine into a vibranium mine ;) )

The Talon Fighter was actually a pretty fun build, and wonderful swoshability. I might actually grab another 1 or 2 of these if they are used a bit in the film; they really do put the jet from CW to shame (imo). 

I'm very interested to read more about the upcoming IW Wakanda set. I've been a Black Panther (comics) fan for decades... The film, the recent influx of many comic titles, the merchandise, heck, just the display at TRU; all a little surreal to me in a way (in a good way)!

42 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

So am I right in assuming the weapon that he was holding in some of the leaks is just a fake

The gold one? Actually that's a part of the build of his weapon. Two of that piece in each side attached to the bar clip with black stick. That's his weapon, so not fake at all, just incomplete.

6 minutes ago, The-Daryl said:

The minifigs are cool. But I don't get why CW Black Panther had more printing (his ear piece was printed, and looked great with Zod legs for a full detailed silver look). Moving backwards always strikes me as odd. Both Panthers are alright though.

Klaue's  cannon is pretty neat. If some of the posts above are correct, and they'll be Shuri's gloves as well, perfectly ok with me :) 

I'm very interested to read more about the upcoming IW Wakanda set. I've been a Black Panther (comics) fan for decades... The film, the recent influx of many comic titles, the merchandise, heck, just the display at TRU; all a little surreal to me in a way (in a good way)!

Have you tried using CW Black Panther earpiece to the royal talon fighter? Does it look good. Speaking of Zod, TLBM CMS 2 Zod has arm printing that actually can use for Black Panther. @agoodfella77 and I already discussed that arm pieces.

Yup, I can confirm Shuri is getting her gauntlet that exactly the same piece for Klaue's hand blaster.

If you have question regarding the set, I would be glad to answer. 

9 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

@agoodfella77

If you have question regarding the set, I would be glad to answer. 

What is the size of the whole builds? Jangbricks likes to compare not tonly price to number of pieces, but price to overall size. Do you think the value is good regarding that?

1 minute ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

What is the size of the whole builds? Jangbricks likes to compare not tonly price to number of pieces, but price to overall size. Do you think the value is good regarding that?

Dimensions: 

30cm high/ 20cm wide/ 21 cm deep 

Are you asking for that?

20 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Have you tried using CW Black Panther earpiece to the royal talon fighter? Does it look good. Speaking of Zod, TLBM CMS 2 Zod has arm printing that actually can use for Black Panther. @agoodfella77 and I already discussed that arm pieces.

I did try actually. But on the CW they line up with the head print (the lines go right from face to ear), on the talon fighter, it doesn't look "bad" just not as cohesive since it doesn't line up. And thanks for the Zod arm printing in LBM tip! I had only glanced at those figs so far going to go look for a pic :)