Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 7/17/2018 at 11:54 AM, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Daredevil could be one set in the wave or even other spider verse characters like 2099 or Noir. 

I'd absolutely love to see a Noir SpiderMan figure, and it just may be a possibility for a future set given that the character is confirmed to be appearing in this Christmas' Into the Spider Verse movie, apparently to be voiced by Nicolas Cage of all people. :wacko:

IGN - NICOLAS CAGE VOICING SPIDER-MAN NOIR IN SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Can't back track the leaks earlier this year regarding this Spiderman wave, If I got it correctly leaker mentioned there will be a Lizard, King Pin, DD and also Man Thing in addition to the Spider-Gwen and new Venom. I dunno if it's in this thread or the rumors discussion, It didn't get enough attention as people are very excited with the Infinity War wave. 

Either your lying or that leaker is so fake, but if u aren’t lying I’m hyped then, not gonna lie I’d muh rather see a more avengers based comic book sets than Spider-Man tho but the set is still really nice I love it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

If that's true, that's a lot of cool things to look forward to!

I know, I'm having a hard time to actually back track it. It would be cool if we can check it on the rumors thread too. 

 

5 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

Wait Man-Thing? If that rumor/leak is true that would be epic!! If it proves to be true i'm hyped for the idea of that, now if only we would get Howard the Duck and Cosmo the space dog in a comic based set

That's what I have remembered. As I've said people didn't gave attention to that as we are focused inupcoming Infinity War wave.

 

5 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

This was a leak in this thread? It seems way too good to be true.

Not sure if here or on the rumors discussion thread. 

2 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Either your lying or that leaker is so fake, but if u aren’t lying I’m hyped then, not gonnalie I’d muh rather see a more avengers based comic book sets than Spider-Man tho but the set is still really nice I love it 

If you've been here on the forums for quite some time, I've never said any lies about leaks or what is coming. You might wanna check it first, so that you can use better choice of words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In order to make sets they need to have builds. Most superhero sets are based upon figs. It is more than logical to design mechs for them. How many other things could you make for them otherwise? So i’m not really against the idea of mech vs mech. I am just glad they made the venom mech like a giant venom (the levers in the back could easily been seen as those organic symbiotic things as well)

the very faint rumour of dd, kingpin, lizard and man-thing would be great.  If this is true my guess is that man-thing will be a build (like groot) in a swampy area (few side-builds) and lizard. And Kingpin (as bigfig) against spidey and dd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Either your lying or that leaker is so fake, but if u aren’t lying I’m hyped then, not gonna lie I’d muh rather see a more avengers based comic book sets than Spider-Man tho but the set is still really nice I love it 

Please try your best to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. While I know English is far from everyone's first language here, we can all strive to write properly and not have EB descend into an unreadable mess. This is clear in our site guidelines. Thank you :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Either your lying or that leaker is so fake, but if u aren’t lying I’m hyped then, not gonna lie I’d muh rather see a more avengers based comic book sets than Spider-Man tho but the set is still really nice I love it 

It’s one thing to think it’s too good to be true but you shouldn’t accuse someone of lying. SpiderJazz has only posted the truth on here and maybe a source could be wrong, but he was just bringing it to our attention. If you treat people on here like that, next time he might not let us know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a little weird though when someone mentioned wanting Lizard, Kingpin, and Daredevil that this source says the same thing.

Not doubting SpiderJazz because he’s always been accurate and the addition of Man-Thing sounds too absurd it has to be true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Not doubting SpiderJazz because he’s always been accurate and the addition of Man-Thing sounds too absurd it has to be true. 

If I recall correctly, in the DC thread, there's also a rumor of a Solomon Grundy in the Winter '19 wave. If we don't get a Swamp Thing fig in the next 12 months, Swampy should fire his agent. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

It’s one thing to think it’s too good to be true but you shouldn’t accuse someone of lying. SpiderJazz has only posted the truth on here and maybe a source could be wrong, but he was just bringing it to our attention. If you treat people on here like that, next time he might not let us know. 

Just voicing my opinion and I said if he’s not wrong I would be hyped never fully said he was wrong

10 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I know, I'm having a hard time to actually back track it. It would be cool if we can check it on the rumors thread too. 

 

That's what I have remembered. As I've said people didn't gave attention to that as we are focused inupcoming Infinity War wave.

 

Not sure if here or on the rumors discussion thread. 

If you've been here on the forums for quite some time, I've never said any lies about leaks or what is coming. You might wanna check it first, so that you can use better choice of words. 

If your so certain show us proof since you wanna start an argument, all I said I was I THINK your lying. I never said I know for sure he was lying. So you tell me what thread, who gave you the information and show me proof that you actually saw this. 

Edited by JosiahJVL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

Just voicing my opinion and I said if he’s not wrong I would be hyped never fully said he was wrong

If your so certain show us proof since you wanna start an argument, all I said I was I THINK your lying. I never said I know for sure he was lying. So you tell me what thread, who gave you the information and show me proof that you actually saw this. 

 I don’t think someone can really lie when they said they think they remember seeing a post about future stuff and they are trying to find it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

That's what I have remembered. As I've said people didn't gave attention to that as we are focused inupcoming Infinity War wave.

Yeah, people were really excited for the IW wave and for good reasons. I remember all the people hounding you for information you didn't know regarding that wave.

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

If your so certain show us proof since you wanna start an argument, all I said I was I THINK your lying. I never said I know for sure he was lying. So you tell me what thread, who gave you the information and show me proof that you actually saw this. 

First, @SpiderJazz never confirmed it only said he remembered seeing a rumor about it. Second, how is saying you think someone is lying different from calling them a liar? @SpiderJazz is a highly reliable person when it comes to this, I see zero reason to doubt him seeing that rumor back when the IW wave was leaking/being revealed. It's not like he was saying it as a 100% confirmed truth. 

Thank you @SpiderJazz for all the information you provide, hope people who either call you a liar or hound you for more information then you know don't stop you from providing the information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or you know we could always just take everything with a grain of salt. 

That or just focus on the actual confirmed things...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Or you know we could always just take everything with a grain of salt.

I don't know all this arguing certainly adds flavor to the discussion...

 

Only joking though, I think we should all just relax and realize that it is a toy we are talking about not some super secretive nuclear plans or something. For me the speculating/leaks certainly make the whole process of getting new sets more exciting but for all of us to enjoy that process we just need to respect each other.

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Or you know we could always just take everything with a grain of salt. 

That or just focus on the actual confirmed things...

 

Agreed no need to start aguments over silly things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Borex said:

the very faint rumour of dd, kingpin, lizard and man-thing would be great.  If this is true my guess is that man-thing will be a build (like groot) in a swampy area (few side-builds) and lizard. And Kingpin (as bigfig) against spidey and dd

If the rumor about these minifigures is true I can see you being right about Man-Thing being brick built. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd just like to bring it to everyone's attention that we STILL haven't gotten a Kang fig. I don't know if we're getting a comic based GOTG/ Space Avengers themed set in the near future, but I feel like that is where he would fit best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mountain Drew said:

I'd just like to bring it to everyone's attention that we STILL haven't gotten a Kang fig. I don't know if we're getting a comic based GOTG/ Space Avengers themed set in the near future, but I feel like that is where he would fit best.

EXCATLY, where is kang I thought he would be the pre order bounus figure for LMS2. But with that said and him being the main protagonists of the game I’m saying our chances of a land figure are pretty good in late 2019 (summer sets) or at the start 2020. I do think that if we were to see a kang figure that it come out in 2020 rather than 2019 because avengers 4 will have ended and LEGO can focus on more comic based avengers sets. Unless Kang is in avengers 5 witch I highly doubt it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

EXCATLY, where is kang I thought he would be the pre order bounus figure for LMS2. But with that said and him being the main protagonists of the game I’m saying our chances of a land figure are pretty good in late 2019 (summer sets) or at the start 2020. I do think that if we were to see a kang figure that it come out in 2020 rather than 2019 because avengers 4 will have ended and LEGO can focus on more comic based avengers sets. Unless Kang is in avengers 5 witch I highly doubt it 

We still haven't got a lego Galactus, or a Silver Surfer, or the Fantastic 4, all major players in the first marvel game.

Edited by ood0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2018 at 11:18 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

Spider Gwen is coming I repeat spider Gwen is coming

The set is cool.  I like Spider Gwen, even though this minifigure doesn't really do her justice.  Love getting a new Venom.  I hope this leads to a black suit Spider-Man down the road.

13 minutes ago, ood0 said:

We still haven't got a lego Galactus, or a Silver Surfer, or the Fantastic 4, all major players in the first marvel game.

The only custom LEGO I own is my favorite comics character, Silver Surfer, because I just know LEGO will never make a chromed one.  Let's hope I eat these words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Are we expecting more sets to be revealed at comic con or is the Spidey set it? Can’t find any info online.

Seems like Spidey is it for now sadly. There are no other sets on display and I don't think there are plans to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Seems like Spidey is it for now sadly. There are no other sets on display and I don't think there are plans to do so.

There will be more later most likely, because LEGO would not just release one LEGO spidey set so there probably doing a whole lineup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

There will be more later most likely, because LEGO would not just release one LEGO spidey set so there probably doing a whole lineup 

They don’t need to reveal the rest at SDCC, though. They have plenty to show off there and in 2016 Hulk vs Red Hulk was revealed for SDCC and the other two sets in the wave weren’t revealed until much later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

They don’t need to reveal the rest at SDCC, though. They have plenty to show off there and in 2016 Hulk vs Red Hulk was revealed for SDCC and the other two sets in the wave weren’t revealed until much later. 

I did a little back tracking and you were right most comic cons show off one set from each marvel/dc line, then the reveal or leaks start around October 

Edited by JosiahJVL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.