Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

2 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

2 out of 3 figs have plain legs...

...what ‘style’ is lego going for here? 

Their favorite recently: lazy

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

2 sets is a very pleasant surprise.

The second set will most likely have a brick built Goliath as he is one of the movie’s villains I’ve heard.

That’s all I want in the second set. I hope you’re right. Brick built Goliath vs brick built Giant Man would be incredible. For actual minifigures if they included Hank, Janet, and then Wasp as a micro fig as well it’d be a perfect set in my mind.

I don’t understand the desire for the Gyrosphere pieces to be used as the cockpit. They attach together in a way that makes them hard to open and only leaves studs on the side of the sphere, making it difficult to integrate into a vehicle build. The way they attach and detach is definitely not a good fit for a cockpit, which kids would simply want to swing up or out and then put figures in. 

I love this set. Ant-Man is great, but I hate that he has no covered face, such a small detail missing, and it makes figure 2 times worse. I am not going to even talk about Wasp. Ghost is amazing. The build in this set is so unique! Incredible. 

Fantastic that we are getting two sets! My whole life was a lie. I was so disappointed. I hope we get Luis, Sonny Burch, Hank, Janet and Goliath. Also microfigures for Ant-Man and The Wasp would be great.

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Does it match the one in the poster? 

Ya know, if I had thought about the poster when I saw the fig I wouldn’t’ve gotten everyone excited about nothing. Glad people were able to identify it was a mismash of parts pretty quickly.

12 minutes ago, KingSpoozle said:

What printed legs would you guys recommend for Ghost and Wasp to give them some more detail?

Seen someone suggest perhaps aeisha from GotG2 for Wasp. I’d also recommend giving Wasp a hairpiece and removing the helmet

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Ant-Man is great, but I hate that he has no covered face, such a small detail missing, and it makes figure 2 times worse

I can't tell if he resuses a face, but maybe he has a printed mask like Ghost on the other side that simulates the full helmet

Oh man, that build is beautiful. I'm so glad they went with the sub, definitely have to pick this one up. I hope we get Giant-Man, a mini and regular van, a micro wasp and Hank Pym in the other one.

2 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I can't tell if he resuses a face, but maybe he has a printed mask like Ghost on the other side that simulates the full helmet

I think both sides of his head are shown in images. One smiling with teeth, and the other smiling with his mouth open. 

This head seems to work pretty well for Ant Man. 

Fly into action against Ghost with Ant-Man’s Quantum Vehicle and The Wasp with this LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 76109 Quantum Realm Explorers set. The Quantum Vehicle features an opening, bug-eye-shaped minifigure cockpit, adjustable insect arms, stud shooters and adjustable engines for launch, hover and flight modes. This set includes 3 minifigures and a gold-colored trophy element.

-Includes 3 LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes minifigures: Ant-Man, The Wasp and Ghost.
-Quantum Vehicle features a bug-eye-shaped, opening minifigure cockpit, 2 adjustable insect arms, 2 stud shooters, 2 adjustable engines and 3 mufflers.
-Adjust the engines for launch, flight and hover modes.
-Weapons include Ant-Man’s Shrink Gun and Ghost’s 2 Power Blasts.
-Accessory elements include a gold-colored trophy and the Wasp’s wings.
-Ghost minifigure is new for June 2018.
-Recreate thrilling scenes from the Marvel Super Heroes Ant-Man and the Wasp movie.
-Quantum Vehicle measures over 2” (7cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide.

i didn’t see this posted here but here is the official set description. I love how we are getting ant mans shrink gun in the set

8 minutes ago, saysonder said:

I think both sides of his head are shown in images. One smiling with teeth, and the other smiling with his mouth open. 

This head seems to work pretty well for Ant Man. 

I used the Galaxy Squad heads on mine. Despite a slight yellow-ness appearing from under the helmet, it looked pretty good

23 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Looks like a new face which is already an improvement over the ezra bridger face being used last time. 

I never really minded the helmet gap because it reminds me of his comic helmet at the same time as his movie appearance

Wasp minifigure sucks. Ghost is alright; might have a home in my layout, breaking into a bank. Ant-Man is awesome as always. 

But the actual model is beautiful. Such impressive greebling, elegant shapes and colours, a brilliantly unique shape - I am happy that this is a thing. I'm going to get it just because it looks so cool. 

You know something's wrong with the world when sets from the MCU include better spaceships than sets from Star Wars. XD

2 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Ya know, if I had thought about the poster when I saw the fig I wouldn’t’ve gotten everyone excited about nothing. Glad people were able to identify it was a mismash of parts pretty quickly.

No worries, that fig is such an amazing creation. Dual molded legs. Hopefully someday / somehow, we evevntually get it.

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

Seen someone suggest perhaps aeisha from GotG2 for Wasp. I’d also recommend giving Wasp a hairpiece and removing the helmet

Yeah that was me i think, im definetly planning on doing that, it will make the helmet stand out more as bad unfortunately, anyone have any suggestions for ghosts legs though?

Definitely a cool set. I think the Wasp minifigure looks good from the legs up, but no leg printing ruins a portion of that figure. I think Ghost looks ok but I mean her movie costume is already not too interesting so this was the best they could have done. The build though is surprisingly nthe best part. A very cool unique vehicle. I love the gyrosphere windows. Overall good set, probably going to buy it. I assume the other set will have that purple car from the trailer so I'm fine with skipping that set if that's the case. I also assume nthis means no 7th IW set which now ok for me. 2018 so far has been a great year for Lego Marvel. Black Panther sets we're fantastic. Infinity War sets we're also fantastic with the Sanctum being my new favorite Lego Marvel set. Way better then last year. Strangely the builds are the worst part of the sets this year.

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

Yeah that was me i think, im definetly planning on doing that, it will make the helmet stand out more as bad unfortunately, anyone have any suggestions for ghosts legs though?

Perhaps the shark army soldier legs? Shouldn't be expensive or difficult to get

970c00pb719.png

I like the vehicle a lot. Ghost looks fine to me, Ant-Man is okay I guess (still wish they'd fix the open mouth), but Wasp is just sad. I forgave the Iron Man helmet reuse multiple times already because it fit in those situations. This should have been a new mold. And considering there weren't many new molds for IW either (of the top of my head, only Cull Obsidian's bigfig and Proxima Midnight's hair), Lego could have done at least one new mold for her. They could even reuse it in Avengers 4 sets.

I'll definitely be picking this set up. The minifigs look good. Ant Man looks awesome, Wasp is decent (She should have had a new molded helmet, but this one will do), and Ghost looks amazing. I can't wait to see the other set.

Can the Wasp turn into a gigant, like Ant-Man?

Because that would be interesting to see in LEGO form

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

In the comics? Yes. In this movie? Perhaps. They might not miss the chance to do a giant people battle

24 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

In the LMSH 2 DLC she can, but they're not entirely accurate.

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

Perhaps the shark army soldier legs? Shouldn't be expensive or difficult to get

970c00pb719.png

You sure? I thought the Wasp minifig looked white to me . . but if it is light bley, then that'll be fine. 

Personally, I was just planning on attaching the upper half to a wall somewhere in my village and just going "her legs are inside the wall," but this works too.

Nevermind, looked again, it is light bley. Alright then. ^^

Edited by Feng-huang0296