Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

If we get a Wasp figure with that dumb Iron Man helmet I’m going to be disappointed. Not all helmeted characters need to use that mold! It’s just going to add insult to injury if Ant-Man’s helmet is the old open mouth one too. They’re also probably not going to make a Ghost minifigure, so I’m not sure how good this hypothetical set is going to be. 

The Ant-Man in the photo reuses the old helmet.

I wanna say I can excuse reusing the IM helmet for her since Inifity War is giving us two new big figs, the stones, gauntlet, new Groot head and Proxima’s hair....but it’s really quite irritating when Marvel figs are ALWAYS the ones cutting corners. Almost every Ninjago figure gets leg printing and the new wave is introducing at least 9 new molds we’ve seen from leaks alone! The Flash got a unique helmet for Justice League despite the fact he’s just as likely to show up in another Lego set as Wasp. Actually, she’s more likely to show up again sooner since she’ll be in Avengers 4 next year. 

I’m not AS bothered be the recycling of the piece as some others, but it’s getting to be unfair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at the other achievement stuff that has already leaked, the infinity war achievement characters are the same as the ones we got in the sets so these will probably be the ones that would show up in a set. As for ghost, there are molds that work for her (ie Ironman helmet or printed head with hood) so she is still fair game for whatever kind of set we could get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate Wasp's wings. They're at least 2 times longer than that in the movie, plus they're transparent clear, not transparent blue. The rest of her is fine, but the tube on her face should be smaller and lower down imo. I just hope Ant-Man and her have leg printing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the 30450  Mini Royal talon fighter set today

its a cute little set and great for those that are in need of Starlord guns as it comes with 10

 

MRTF

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

I found the 30450  Mini Royal talon fighter set today

its a cute little set and great for those that are in need of Starlord guns as it comes with 10

 

 

 

Nice! Where’d you find it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ant-Man looks great, I love his torso, but head... I understand why they didn't do a new mold, but at least they could do doubke sided face, one with helmet-face printing and the other one just Scott. But the only bad thing is the face.

Wasp... torso prints are great, but why did they use Iron Man's helmet! Her helmet in movie is unique, and it looks really weird with this helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Ant-Man looks great, I love his torso, but head... I understand why they didn't do a new mold, but at least they could do doubke sided face, one with helmet-face printing and the other one just Scott. But the only bad thing is the face.

Wasp... torso prints are great, but why did they use Iron Man's helmet! Her helmet in movie is unique, and it looks really weird with this helmet.

It’s the Vulture situation all over again :hmpf:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasp seems to be based on the concept art, so perhaps we'll be lucky and they'll re-do her helmet for Infinity War. Having it all printed on the Iron Man helmet is unfortunate.

On 4/3/2018 at 11:43 PM, Johnny1360 said:

It highlights that bright light shows through the piece, unlike the one next to it. It does that with most other light colors as well such as, Lime Green, Yellow and Tan, certainly not a "new" thing though. I have noticed this before but really didn't think it would be an issue, unless you are trying to block bright light with a single thickness of plate. You do realize the piece still has the same thickness and amount of plastic as one of a darker color, right. So it should be just as durable, in theory anyway. If the light did not shine through it like that, the color would have to be much darker, I would think anyway. 

The same thickness, but the amount of plastic used must be different or the plastic is mixed with something. I've seen knock-off versions of the same pieces that are affected in Lego's version that do not have the translucency issue or have the issue to varying extents. If a knock-off company can make the same pieces non-translucent - then i dont see why a more expensive Lego version has issues with those pieces. In the same sense if the consistency of the plastic was the same throughout then we wouldn't have the varying levels of translucency on areas that are the same thickness. It's mostly an issue of display as light cannot be above, below or to the side of the set without seeing through the wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Wasp seems to be based on the concept art, so perhaps we'll be lucky and they'll re-do her helmet for Infinity War. Having it all printed on the Iron Man helmet is unfortunate.

Nope. She won't be in Infinity War but in Avengers 4. Also, this is not because of the concept art. This is just Lego being lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m back! I’ve been gone for what seems like forever and there’s so much I have missed. All I can say about wasp, is the fact that they love using that iron man helmet mold. Vulture was a mess and now it goes on to Wasp... Well I’m not surprised whatsoever :sadnew:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

I’m back! I’ve been gone for what seems like forever and there’s so much I have missed. All I can say about wasp, is the fact that they love using that iron man helmet mold. Vulture was a mess and now it goes on to Wasp... Well I’m not surprised whatsoever :sadnew:

They did one mold that barely fits all the masks, and now to save money they are using it everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are just going to have to accept the fact that Lego are financially in a tougher spot then were they used to be a few years ago. Reusing molds, not giving leg printing etc. is just going to be the new standard for the foreseeable future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I think we are just going to have to accept the fact that Lego are financially in a tougher spot then were they used to be a few years ago. Reusing molds, not giving leg printing etc. is just going to be the new standard for the foreseeable future.

Some important marvel character doesn't even have leg print. Cap, Falcon, BP, Groot...etc. They have done better in StarWars and JL .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2018 at 8:35 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope. She won't be in Infinity War but in Avengers 4. Also, this is not because of the concept art. This is just Lego being lazy.

Was a derp on my part, meant Avengers 4.

8 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I think we are just going to have to accept the fact that Lego are financially in a tougher spot then were they used to be a few years ago.

This is the opposite of a fact, it is completely unsupported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I think we are just going to have to accept the fact that Lego are financially in a tougher spot then were they used to be a few years ago. Reusing molds, not giving leg printing etc. is just going to be the new standard for the foreseeable future.

What’s really annoying is that it’s just the new standard in the Marvel line. DC is still doing fine. They didn’t skimp on any figures for Justice League. 

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Was a derp on my part, meant Avengers 4.

This is the opposite of a fact, it is completely unsupported.

How is it unsupported? We know that they posted a lower profit in 2017 and that their growth is slowing down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What’s really annoying is that it’s just the new standard in the Marvel line. DC is still doing fine. They didn’t skimp on any figures for Justice League. 

How is it unsupported? We know that they posted a lower profit in 2017 and that their growth is slowing down. 

True but I guess the Justice League sets were designed in 2016 so probably before the decline in profit. The most recent DC wave has also seen a lack of leg printing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What’s really annoying is that it’s just the new standard in the Marvel line. DC is still doing fine. They didn’t skimp on any figures for Justice League. 

They for sure skimped on figures for justice league. Tactical Batman didn’t use duel molded legs when he should have. Superman and wonder women were repeats and even Superman should have had duel molded legs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They for sure skimped on figures for justice league. Tactical Batman didn’t use duel molded legs when he should have. Superman and wonder women were repeats and even Superman should have had duel molded legs 

Wonder Woman being a repeat doesn’t matter since her costume didn’t change and the figure was already perfect the way it is. Sure, two figures could’ve used dual molding and didn’t, but they went all out otherwise. All the heroes had leg printing (except Superman), Aquaman, Cyborg, the Flash, the Atlantean guards, and Steppenwolf all had new molds, and even the generic Parademons had full printing including leg printing. They didn’t skimp to the extent that they’ve been doing for Marvel. Even in 2016 figures that could’ve used leg printing didn’t get it (Vulture, Scorpion, White Tiger). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The newer Iron Man helmet looks fine, it's similar enough to the Vulture and Wasp's helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Lego calendar for May has a new info: VIPs can get two new Lego exclusive sets from May 16-31. So there are two Lego exclusive sets coming in June. Could one of them be for Ant-Man and The Wasp and one for Infinity War? Or maybe both for Ant-Man? Or none of them are connected to Marvel? Any info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the helmet - clearly Lego set off to make a universal helmet mold so they could save costs on bringing a range of diverse characters with unique helmets, like Detroit Steel, to store shelves. Did they succeed? I dunno, it does the job as a universal helmet but some really unique helmet types, like Wasp’s, really don’t fit well at all. I do undertsand the reasoning behind the creation of the piece, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.