Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

27 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Well, unlike any other summer wave sets, the D2C is guaranteed to release on the same day worldwide (which means us Americans won’t had to wait two months after everybody else!).

I have a feeling we’ll get the Infinity Gauntlet in the D2C set as well.

I didn’t even think of that. Hopefully it’s a June release, then. I’m happy that the Hulkbuster is the store exclusive but unhappy that I now cannot buy it. The D2C better have some great new figures (I need my Scarlet Witch!!). If it’s spoilery then I doubt any of us will guess the build before the movie. I’m still hoping for Avengers HQ but that’s not spoiler related at all (unless a battle with surprising characters occurs in IW). 

Doesn’t the Wakanda Wall set have a pin on the side that no ones knows it’s use for? If it is heavy on spoilers, then something to do with the battle in country could be part of the set and make use of the wall set and it’s pin piece.

15 minutes ago, jklaw15 said:

Doesn’t the Wakanda Wall set have a pin on the side that no ones knows it’s use for? If it is heavy on spoilers, then something to do with the battle in country could be part of the set and make use of the wall set and it’s pin piece.

Possibly, but I don’t know what it could connect to in-scale that would make sense for a D2C. More Wall would be a waste, and at the size of 71013 it wouldn’t make sense.

6 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Possibly, but I don’t know what it could connect to in-scale that would make sense for a D2C. More Wall would be a waste, and at the size of 71013 it wouldn’t make sense.

Now I’m dreaming of a D2C Shuri’s lab/vibranium mine:wub:

The Wakanda set includes connective pins similar to 'The Great Hall' from the Wizarding world sets - i expect that is is as such meant to connect to the D2C. This would heavily imply that the D2C would include an expansion on the Wakanda battle that we see in trailers. This does not necessarily mean the main build is Wakanda, but i do believe that a segment of the build will be an extra piece of the Wakanda scenery from '76103: Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack'. This would mean a total of four sets including aspects of the Wakanda Battle; 76101, 76103, 76104 and 76106

The Wakanda segment could therefore be used to justify the inclusion of;

• Any of the cast of Black Panther
  • The Winter Soldier
  • War Machine
  • Hulk

Expectations should probably be based on that - some aspect of Wakanda will be included with presumably some of the missing figures that are featured in the battle.The most obvious spoiler reason would be that a character is in Wakanda who we are unaware goes to Wakanda, this could include; Captain Marvel, Thanos, Ant-Man/Giant-Man, Wasp, Heimdall or even Adam Warlock - and those are just a few of the characters.

I hope the set is based more on the figures and perhaps a separate main build (Thanos's ship from Thor Ragnarok, The Circular Ship from New York, The Quinjet, etc...)

28 minutes ago, Zwartmetvlammen said:

I really really hope the D2C will be Thanos’ space temple!

Would be awesome. We are likely getting some aspect of Wakanda, but any floating vehicles/transport/builds could probably apply.

Edited by Scarilian

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

So bad news...even though there was reports of the 170$ Set on brickmerge, there is no 170$ set for infinity war. They info they got was the old listed price for hulk buster and they confused the sets numbers 

Welp, guess the exclusive set is all we have left then and the Hulkbuster really is the D2C after all :L

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So bad news...even though there was reports of the 170$ Set on brickmerge, there is no 170$ set for infinity war. The info they got was the old listed price for hulk buster and they confused the sets numbers 

A lot of stuff must've gotten mixed up then, lol.

I've seen a rumour that there's a store exclusive set that will be €49.99. Is it true?

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So bad news...even though there was reports of the 170$ Set on brickmerge, there is no 170$ set for infinity war. The info they got was the old listed price for hulk buster and they confused the sets numbers. Our old friend CM4Sci reported this so it is legit there is no 170$ set. There is also no 76106

There must be a 76106, TLG usually don't leave gaps like that in their set numbers now, do they?

Just now, ood0 said:

I've seen a rumour that there's a store exclusive set that will be €49.99. Is it true?

7ba0207e4fb7394b714a39530055ab32c6ed997f

Though yeah, we've no clue at this point. It's listed as €49.99 on one site, but no source.

59 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Welp, guess the exclusive set is all we have left then and the Hulkbuster really is the D2C after all :L

Why do they have this exclusive set crap. All the sets should be available to get everywhere. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get sets.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

The Wakanda set includes connective pins similar to 'The Great Hall' from the Wizarding world sets - i expect that is is as such meant to connect to the D2C.

Those are almost certainly there to connect a second Wakandan Wall set, like the LOTR Battle At the Black Gate set. I wouldn't read anything else into that.

53 minutes ago, Shahennian said:

There must be a 76106, TLG usually don't leave gaps like that in their set numbers now, do they?

I previously thought that, but then 76024 never happened

Isn't the cannon in the Hulkbuster set Wakandan (it has the same markings)? Maybe that can be attached to the wall? Then again you'd think that they'd advertise that

It’s really weird how mixed up everything has been regarding the D2C and exclusive set. I’m very disappointed and the missing set number is really weird. Does this mean there’s no exclusive spoilery set coming in the summer?

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s really weird how mixed up everything has been regarding the D2C and exclusive set. I’m very disappointed and the missing set number is really weird. Does this mean there’s no exclusive spoilery set coming in the summer?

I’m sure if we’re getting an a Infinity War set in the summer wave it’s going to be spoilery. However, I guess it’s no longer supposed to be a D2C.

8 hours ago, Shahennian said:

They do. e.g. 79009.

13 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Like the first news we had.

I personally think there will be another set, missing set number or not. It's definitely coming. Just not the $170 price point.

Alot of mixed information. Legit or not. I'll still believe the first info that I had with my source. 

My wife just called me to confirm my local toy shop (Toys UK, Aylesbury) has them. Prices sound superb!!

Dropship £12

Thors Weapon £20

Wakanda Wall £30

Hulkbuster (think she said £30 but I'm not 100% certain)

Thanos Battle £70

Sanctum £90

I will buy day 1 the sanctrum (still hoping for 2xVIP points) , the guardians ship for birthday , will eventually buy in may thors weapon and down the line drophip because of the minifigs only. Shame the wakanda wall is so bad , only worth it for the vision and black panther figures

3 hours ago, ReZourceman said:

My wife just called me to confirm my local toy shop (Toys UK, Aylesbury) has them. Prices sound superb!!

Dropship £12

Thors Weapon £20

Wakanda Wall £30

Hulkbuster (think she said £30 but I'm not 100% certain)

Thanos Battle £70

Sanctum £90

are these the confirmed UK prices?