Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

A lot of the Bricktober sets are showing up in Poland and Germany it seems, lots of sets posted recently on BrickLink.

Prices are getting more reasonable too. 

Could we ever get another infinity war set like an accessory pack like the DC Batman one because it would make sense to get someone like Scarlet Witch as she won’t be expected to be in A4 wave and she had a fairly big role in IW especially for her not to get a minifigure 

1 minute ago, LegoLord54 said:

Could we ever get another infinity war set like an accessory pack like the DC Batman one because it would make sense to get someone like Scarlet Witch as she won’t be expected to be in A4 wave and she had a fairly big role in IW especially for her not to get a minifigure 

That would be amazing, they could do either human vision or his gray dead form in it as well and probably an outrider

To my fellow Dutchmen,

I just got a mail from Toys'R'Us Netherlands that the Superheroes Bricktober set is back in stock.
I ordered one immediately online. It's only €14,95 *oh2* I thought it'd cost a lot more...
Here's hoping it's still in stock by the time my order is processed :laugh_hard:

Regards,
Mitch

3 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

To my fellow Dutchmen,

I just got a mail from Toys'R'Us Netherlands that the Superheroes Bricktober set is back in stock.
I ordered one immediately online. It's only €14,95 *oh2* I thought it'd cost a lot more...
Here's hoping it's still in stock by the time my order is processed :laugh_hard:

Regards,
Mitch

:-( Sold out already :-(

Yup. Got an e-mail about an hour ago saying it's backordered, and I can expect it in 2-3 weeks :grin:
Let's wait and see then :tongue:

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Is there any info for the UK yet? I need me some more Bucky

I gave up on waiting for a UK announcement, ended up getting one on Bricklink from Poland for about £30, just didn’t seem like anything more was being said about them. 

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Is there any info for the UK yet? I need me some more Bucky

I overheard someone ask as much in the Cardiff store and the staff member said (in so many words) that if it comes, it comes, but it looks unlikely. He said that with the closure of TRU it left things up in the air, but maybe we’ll see a variation next year. The way he answered suggested that they have fielded that question a few times.

5 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I overheard someone ask as much in the Cardiff store and the staff member said (in so many words) that if it comes, it comes, but it looks unlikely. He said that with the closure of TRU it left things up in the air, but maybe we’ll see a variation next year. The way he answered suggested that they have fielded that question a few times.

It does seem that Lego are trying to stock things where they can in the U.K. polybags, that used to go to newspapers or TRU, are now stocking heavily in Tescos, Entertainers, and even the Lego shops themselves are stocking some, instore only, like the guardians ship and Star Wars U-Wing.

the entertainer have a couple of old TRU exclusive sets they seem to have brought out of retirement (Civil War Tanker Set and Star Wars Spider Droid). No doubt old stock they bought cheap.

I received 76105 for Christmas, a set I thought I’d never own. First of all, I like it a lot more than I thought I would in-person. However, the light brick activation function doesn’t work well at all for me. The way the tab is built, it cannot be pressed in at all to push down on the light brick. I see it work fine in reviews, but can’t figure out what’s wrong. Can anyone help me out? 

After many a month of waiting, just decided to buy the Bricktober pack online. Just a few thoughts on the figures;

*Tony has some really nice printing, he's not necessarily the character everyone wanted for this pack (Scarlet Witch or M'Baku would have been better), but he's a good looking figure.

*Wong is a great figure. For a character who isn't as prominent as others, it almost feels odd that he has better printing, but another great figure nonetheless.

*Bucky is such an amazing and welcome update. The only issue I have with the figure, is if you look at the CW variant, his arm print wraps around most of the arm, but here, it's farther back, and feels compressed. 

*War Machine is the second best LEGO minifigure I own (after Silver Centurion). The arm printing is the same as Bucky, it's not really wrapped around, so you can't see it from the front of the figure, only the sides, which is a shame because his arm print is fantastic. The face is amazing and I love the alternate HUD face