Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

I'm still secretly hoping that another set would have Daredevil and Spidey going against Kingpin or another one that would finally give us Lizard!

3 minutes ago, Nexo Bricks said:

I'm still secretly hoping that another set would have Daredevil and Spidey going against Kingpin or another one that would finally give us Lizard!

Came here to say this! Kingpin is in the trailer and toys for the “Into the Spider-Verse” movie so I definitely see potential for him in a set with DD.

That said, Spider-Gwen looks bland and I kinda prefer the old Venom head, but Venom’s mech is awesome and will look great attacking city MOCs ala the “Spider-Man: Web of Shadows” videogame.

Also, love that Spidey is the ANAD variant.

7 hours ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Yeesh, and I thought the Spider-Trike was silly. :laugh: This, however, is also kind of amazing. I hope the other sets are this much fun!

That was my thought...I like the mech, but at the same time...I don’t. 

6 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

This set looks awesome! Love the Venom build! What I love even more is that it seems to be apart of a small comic wave for winter! Daredevil could be one set in the wave or even other spider verse characters like 2099 or Noir. 

Ooh, yes...2099!:drool: I would prefer his old red/blue costume though. 

OH MY BRICKING GOD. THAT VENOM IS THE BEST MARVEL BUILD I'VE SEEN IN A LONG BRICKING TIME. I don't usually make the Marvel sets "must haves," but this one is very clearly so. That new Spider-man is top-notch, and Spider-Gwen's pretty good too. I doubt I'll keep Spidey's mech together, but I need that mega Venom in my life.

2 hours ago, Range Trooper said:

Actually the official set description is up and says that the Venom mech DOES have a cockpit.

While I wish you could just place Mini Venom in Mega Venom's chest, you can see the 'cockpit' behind his head, complemented by levers

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I dunno if this is already mentioned but the new Spider-man head is perfect for Iron-Spider MCU!

Looking forward to that piece!!!

I thought exactly the same once I saw the figure in detail. I am so excited for this set!

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

While I wish you could just place Mini Venom in Mega Venom's chest, you can see the 'cockpit' behind his head, complemented by levers

yeah i see that now, but to me the more organic look is good enough to use it as a big morphed venom symbiote and not  a mech

Edited by Mattallica

I like the new Venom figure but maybe it would’ve been cooler to include a different (maybe new) villain and just say that the Venom “mech” is Venom himself, just grown to a bigger size. That would’ve allowed them to include more characters and seem less redundant after that Batman vs Poison Ivy mech set. 

Really cool Venom build, but couldve done more in the new figs department. Aunt May again? She’s not even much different than the last  I would’ve preferred a new character altogether.

Spider Gwen is nice to finally get, but there’s something off about her torso. What’s with the rib cage print? It looks so weird. Also, what’s with the surfboard thing? Just a random lego build? 

Anyone notice that the Spidermech is in what looks like high heels? :laugh:

Edited by Ultron

15 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Really cool Venom build, but couldve done more in the new figs department. Aunt May again? She’s not even much different than the last  I would’ve preferred a new character altogether.

Spider Gwen is nice to finally get, but there’s something off about her torso. What’s with the rib cage print? It looks so weird. Also, what’s with the surfboard thing? Just a random lego build? 

Anyone notice that the Spidermech is in what looks like high heels? :laugh:

Yeah, i did. 

I must say that Aunt May in this set feels a bit as in the comics (back in the day): annoying. It is my least favorite spidey character

I’d rather seen Flash Thompson

Well I am a bit surprised to see a comic based set for 2019, I thought it would be like this year and be completely movie based sets. Thoughts on the set, first off minifigures. I am glad that we are getting a new Spidey, been way to long, also new Venom is nice. I wish there would be more villains we have never gotten before but maybe they will be in other comic based sets or even Far From Home sets. (Mysterio has been waiting a while) Spidey Gwen looks fine, I don't know the character so she does not interest me. Aunt May could have been replaced with someone we have not gotten before, like Liz, Flash, Harry, or even Uncle Ben. The spider-mech is bad, really bad, I have said I am getting tired of superhero mechs and this adds to the hate. It looks like a Mega Blocks set from 2012. Also it waste parts and bumps up price. I actually like the Venom build, sort of like Giant-man and Ares, though I like them better. Overall I think it's ok, I assume I might like some of the other comic sets or Far From Home sets better as they will probably have new characters. 

For those who are saying that it's just a giant Venom build, but not a mecha.

I want to point out that at the  back of the head, you can clearly see a "controller" piece, hope we get a glimpse of it, in SDCCz

Wow, what a surprise!

Not a fan of mechs at all, but I'm still impressed by these, especially the Venom Mech. It captures his essence so well, in my opinion.
Spidey-mech looks a bit 'meh' on the other hand, I think...

Minifigures are great too, except Aunt May :grin: :innocent2: Spidey and Venom both have a new, very cool and sleek design.
Will definitely try to get the Venom fig (already very satisfied with my current MCU Spidey :sweet: )

Regards,
Mitch

6 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

For those who are saying that it's just a giant Venom build, but not a mecha.

I want to point out that at the  back of the head, you can clearly see a "controller" piece, hope we get a glimpse of it, in SDCCz

It is supposed to be a giant symbiote, but Lego being a kids toy would want to have venom interact with it obviously; so artistic licence 

I think the Spider Armor Mk 4 Looks great, would have been cool to see a glowing effect on the spider too, but still, it looks awesome.

Edited by Walter529a

Now I'm wondering if this is the only set for December. Lego rarely just releases one standard set like this (outside of things like D2Cs obviously), so I don't think it would be too far-fetched to imagine one or two more sets. If they really wanted to drive home the "movie-tie-in but not technically" we could get another set with Miles. 

1 hour ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Now I'm wondering if this is the only set for December. Lego rarely just releases one standard set like this (outside of things like D2Cs obviously), so I don't think it would be too far-fetched to imagine one or two more sets. If they really wanted to drive home the "movie-tie-in but not technically" we could get another set with Miles. 

I’m assuming this is a Lego Ninjago Movie wave 2 situation, where the sets that should release in January release December 1st. I’m guessing that there’ll be 1-2 more comic sets for December 1st and then 1-2 Captain Marvel sets for January. 

15 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m assuming this is a Lego Ninjago Movie wave 2 situation, where the sets that should release in January release December 1st. I’m guessing that there’ll be 1-2 more comic sets for December 1st and then 1-2 Captain Marvel sets for January. 

I agree that this seems likely, this set (and likely small wave) was definitely not expected but it seems like Lego still wanted to give us some comic based sets in between all the MCU ones. 

I would have honestly preferred a Mary Jane over another Aunt May that's technically not even exclusive. It may would even be cool to get the Spider man homecoming version of aunt may.

4 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I agree that this seems likely, this set (and likely small wave) was definitely not expected but it seems like Lego still wanted to give us some comic based sets in between all the MCU ones. 

Can't back track the leaks earlier this year regarding this Spiderman wave, If I got it correctly leaker mentioned there will be a Lizard, King Pin, DD and also Man Thing in addition to the Spider-Gwen and new Venom. I dunno if it's in this thread or the rumors discussion, It didn't get enough attention as people are very excited with the Infinity War wave. 

43 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Can't back track the leaks earlier this year regarding this Spiderman wave, If I got it correctly leaker mentioned there will be a Lizard, King Pin, DD and also Man Thing in addition to the Spider-Gwen and new Venom. I dunno if it's in this thread or the rumors discussion, It didn't get enough attention as people are very excited with the Infinity War wave. 

If that's true, that's a lot of cool things to look forward to!

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Wait Man-Thing? If that rumor/leak is true that would be epic!! If it proves to be true i'm hyped for the idea of that, now if only we would get Howard the Duck and Cosmo the space dog in a comic based set

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

This was a leak in this thread? It seems way too good to be true.

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN