Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

13 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Well Sheriff Deadpool is freaking awesome! I wish I could get this minifigure , but 1000$ on eBay is way too much!

Usually they are a lot cheaper immediately after the con, I have seen figures go for like 200. Not exactly cheap but a lot better then 1000 haha.

Ohhhh it looks great

LEGO.... you did it again! The second Deadpool in a row.

But there is way to win one on Twitter, without attending SDCC

8 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

My thoughts exactly. The rest of the figure isn't that special, but that head looks really nice.

It's a shame Lego is limiting Deadpool related stuff to SDCC now, with this year's figure and last year's. Maybe they think if they release him in a standard set parents will freak out?

Realistically if Deadpool appeared as a secondary hero/villain in a set (just like the 2012 set), then it wouldn't be in any way intended to promote the movie. Just like the Spider Man/Ghost Rider set

Is Sheriff Deadpool from something? Usually the SDCC variants have been comics based, but I don't recognize this at all...

15 minutes ago, HyperOnion said:

Is Sheriff Deadpool from something? Usually the SDCC variants have been comics based, but I don't recognize this at all...

Pretty sure the second trailer for deadpool 2

11 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'm just sad about the head, it looks like such an improvement of his mask next to the 2012 figure

Hopefully the DC exclusive fig isn't a character people have been wanting (Deathstroke, Rebirth Superman, Ocean Master, etc.)

12 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The SDCC exclusive figure is Sheriff Deadpool! It looks awesome!

The fourth wall break on the packaging is rather amusing.

12 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

It's a shame Lego is limiting Deadpool related stuff to SDCC now, with this year's figure and last year's. Maybe they think if they release him in a standard set parents will freak out?

With now two Deadpool related exclusives in a row, yep, I'd figure that may be TLG's reasoning.

15 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Absolutely loving the Inifnity War sets. Finally got round to seeing the movie and was surprised at how great the Lego sets actually were.

Although does anyone have any tips for a better hairpiece for Hela? She's my fav villain the MCU and I love the minfigure, but the hairpiece is just plain awful. Any suggestions?

It might be a bit too flowy, but what about Agent 13’s hair? That might work out okay. 

Edit...just tested that out. I dig it. 

Edited by Vindicare

16 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Realistically if Deadpool appeared as a secondary hero/villain in a set (just like the 2012 set), then it wouldn't be in any way intended to promote the movie. Just like the Spider Man/Ghost Rider set

That wouldn't stop people from making a fuss about it. Remember when there was all the controversy because some people thought the 2012 Jabba's Palace set looked like a mosque?

40 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

That wouldn't stop people from making a fuss about it. Remember when there was all the controversy because some people thought the 2012 Jabba's Palace set looked like a mosque?

Yes, very well remembered actually. I would like to think for your guys sake lego would release a new deadpool but the above incident does give reason to believe it could happen again in this case.

However, i don't remember a ton of complaints about the simpsons theme from parents so...

56 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

However, i don't remember a ton of complaints about the simpsons theme from parents so...

Why would there be complaints?

59 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I know a lot of people who weren't aloud to watch the show as children which is lego's core audience. I know that a lot of the people on this form might think that is weird and it probably is so i guess disregard my previous comment

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

I know a lot of people who weren't aloud to watch the show as children which is lego's core audience. I know that a lot of the people on this form might think that is weird and it probably is so i guess disregard my previous comment

Those people are all in their 30's and 40's now and FINALLY ready to get back at Mom and Dad. :laugh:

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

Not from here, but I remember a thread from the old Lego.com message boards that was just pages and pages of parents complaining about how Lego had lost their values by licensing the Simpsons. It was a treat to read through, I wonder if I can find it again.

1 hour ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Not from here, but I remember a thread from the old Lego.com message boards that was just pages and pages of parents complaining about how Lego had lost their values by licensing the Simpsons. It was a treat to read through, I wonder if I can find it again.

Oh yeah, it was that forum that i was remembering, thanks,

Back to the main conversation, i wonder if comic con will preview a 2019 marvel set?

I dont think so.

The Marvel 2019 is probably 100% based on the MCU (Captain Marvel, Infinty Wars and Spiderman 2) 

So there should be an embargo on Marvel merch

Especially considering Marvel won't be at SDCC. They don't want to give anything away just yet

37 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I dont think so.

The Marvel 2019 is probably 100% based on the MCU (Captain Marvel, Infinty Wars and Spiderman 2) 

So there should be an embargo on Marvel merch

Especially considering Marvel won't be at SDCC. They don't want to give anything away just yet

Whilst I adore the MCU, I can’t be the only one who find its frustrating how DC get so many comic based sets, and the only comic based sets we have for marvel are actually based on TV shows and don’t actually feature that many iconic characters other than the main Avengers.

I hope 2020 brings some more comic sets, as it’s very unlikely that there will be a 6-Set wave movie like Infinity War. 1/2 sets per standalone movie seems to be the norm since Doctor Strange (with the exception of Guardians, but they didn’t sell great from what I can tell). This model should allow for some more comic stuff in the future

6 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Whilst I adore the MCU, I can’t be the only one who find its frustrating how DC get so many comic based sets, and the only comic based sets we have for marvel are actually based on TV shows and don’t actually feature that many iconic characters other than the main Avengers.

I hope 2020 brings some more comic sets, as it’s very unlikely that there will be a 6-Set wave movie like Infinity War. 1/2 sets per standalone movie seems to be the norm since Doctor Strange (with the exception of Guardians, but they didn’t sell great from what I can tell). This model should allow for some more comic stuff in the future

I am with you 100%. The MCU is great but there is so much potential if Lego would choose do to comic based sets. To make matters worse they show of some great looking figures in their video-games that we are unlikely to get anytime soon if it all due to the MCU taking up all the space.

20 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Pretty sure the second trailer for deadpool 2

Oh yeeeeeah. Good remembering!

What a weird deep cut, even coming off Deadpool Duck.

I'm pretty done with Deadpool's oversaturation, really hope next year they do something non-Deadpool related...

32 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

If the DCCU wasn’t a dumpster fire their product line would be the same as Marvel’s. Assuming the MCU keeps pumping out films like they are I don’t see how Lego does comic based sets with any regularity without significantly altering their production of the super heroe line.

I think the DCCU is more mature in content. That's why.

And the horizon doesn't look any different: Sirens of Gotham, Joker solo movie, Suicide Squad 2, etc

So, I'd guess they will go on with MCU Marvel sets and DC comics sets. 

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I am with you 100%. The MCU is great but there is so much potential if Lego would choose do to comic based sets. To make matters worse they show of some great looking figures in their video-games that we are unlikely to get anytime soon if it all due to the MCU taking up all the space.

Some of the biggest discrepancies in the line are characters like Mysterio; listerally the only Sinister Six member we haven’t gotten, and we have all the pieces, even dual moulded legs!

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

If the DCCU wasn’t a dumpster fire their product line would be the same as Marvel’s. Assuming the MCU keeps pumping out films like they are I don’t see how Lego does comic based sets with any regularity without significantly altering their production of the super heroe line.

There's room for a fall comics wave! Right now we have nothing through the rest of the year--and only one set (Ant-Man & the Wasp) since the Infinity War wave in April. I'm sure the Avengers movies being SUCH big waves skews what's available for the rest of the year, but it seems there should be room for 2-3 sets this fall. Tie 'em into whatever cartoons are out or the Spiderverse movie (seems like SUCH a waste not to do anything with that--that seems right up Lego's alley. Animated kids movie! With Spider-Man, Marvel's most marketable toy character! By the directors of The Lego Movie!). Just seems weird to have such a huge gap (damn near half the year!) in the release schedule.

55 minutes ago, HyperOnion said:

There's room for a fall comics wave! Right now we have nothing through the rest of the year--and only one set (Ant-Man & the Wasp) since the Infinity War wave in April. I'm sure the Avengers movies being SUCH big waves skews what's available for the rest of the year, but it seems there should be room for 2-3 sets this fall. Tie 'em into whatever cartoons are out or the Spiderverse movie (seems like SUCH a waste not to do anything with that--that seems right up Lego's alley. Animated kids movie! With Spider-Man, Marvel's most marketable toy character! By the directors of The Lego Movie!). Just seems weird to have such a huge gap (damn near half the year!) in the release schedule.

Yeah fair point. I guess we would’ve heard if there was something coming this fall. I hope after IW2 that that kills ensemble movies for a bit and frees up some space but we’ll see.