Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Does anyone know what's happening with TRU exclusive minifigure pack now that the stores are closing. Apoligies if this has already been answered I've been out of the loop for a month or so.

2 hours ago, Chookdude said:

Does anyone know what's happening with TRU exclusive minifigure pack now that the stores are closing. Apoligies if this has already been answered I've been out of the loop for a month or so.

There has been a bit of speculation but I do not believe we have a confirmed answer for that as of yet.

I like the Rocket Raccoon Brickheadz more than Groot, but not quite enough to really want it.

Shame that helmet from Firefly wasn't used for the Wasp minifigure.  It would have been much more accurate.  Looks like it was designed for it.

10 hours ago, x105Black said:

Shame that helmet from Firefly wasn't used for the Wasp minifigure.  It would have been much more accurate.  Looks like it was designed for it.

There's some detailing on the top of the helmet which matches up to both Ant Man and Wasp's helmets in the film, there's no way thats a coincidence. We'll just have to see what the future holds :wink:

12 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

There's some detailing on the top of the helmet which matches up to both Ant Man and Wasp's helmets in the film, there's no way thats a coincidence. We'll just have to see what the future holds :wink:

That's what I noticed, too.  I wonder why this wasn't used.  I'm hoping for this in the future as well.

On 6/27/2018 at 2:59 PM, Ultron said:

Hm wouldnt say perfect. It’d still be a print instead of molded eye lenses.

This is true, but it still looks close enough to perfect for me.

On 6/29/2018 at 7:34 AM, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

There has been a bit of speculation but I do not believe we have a confirmed answer for that as of yet.

God I hope we get a definitive answer on that soon.  I like keeping my figures up to date whenever a character changes appearance (particularly Iron Man).

I've even gotten anxious for the HP set of figs, too.  I blame the recent Collectible Fig reveal. :excited:

52 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

God I hope we get a definitive answer on that soon.  I like keeping my figures up to date whenever a character changes appearance (particularly Iron Man).

I've even gotten anxious for the HP set of figs, too.  I blame the recent Collectible Fig reveal. :excited:

That pre-bleeding edge tracker suit is cool. New Tony Stark at the same time. 

New face printing. I hope we get clear answer as to when/where to get it.

Here in PH, they said it would be available in Bricktober, that's a long wait I guess. 

On jedijacpenguin.com there is a Captain marvel set listed for 2019 if it is true i hope we see it at SDCC

34 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

On jedijacpenguin.com there is a Captain marvel set listed for 2019 if it is true i hope we see it at SDCC

We won't I'm pretty sure. Promotion for Captain Marvel will start in few months, we haven't seen any merchandise.

4 hours ago, LegoLord54 said:

Don't think they would reveal a set before at least the first trailer, which Marvel recently said is a little ways off still.

Nothing is confirmed yet, nor a solid information. 76113 is just an assumption so, hold your horses guys. Just want to clear things out here. 

38 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I hope we get two Captain Marvel sets, since they could give us some cool aliens and a younger Nick Fury. 

Would love to get a young Nick Fury! Also a variant for Captain Marvel Kree suit. 

Well the comic Con exclusive set has been revealed, it's Wasp (the same as the Quantum Realm set) with a big buildable bust of Giant Man, which is a lot bigger than the Airport battle, but only covers his shoulders up, making it look like when he's in the water in the trailers

15 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well the comic Con exclusive set has been revealed, it's Wasp (the same as the Quantum Realm set) with a big buildable bust of Giant Man, which is a lot bigger than the Airport battle, but only covers his shoulders up, making it look like when he's in the water in the trailers

I think it’s pretty cool. I’m really liking the exclusive sets this year since none of the set figures or pieces are exclusive. 

I like the exclusive Ant-Man set, the bust looks really cool. I don't really see any of these exclusive sets selling well tbh. There's nothing in them that a person couldn't just bricklink for a fraction of the price. I'm all for no exclusive figures but no exclusive printed pieces makes it pretty hard to justify spending so much on a fancy box.

lego_sdcc_deadpool_1_embed.jpg

Sure seems like Deadpool is the to go to character for Lego at SDCC... well I for one am very glad with this figure mainly because I won't mind not being able to get it ;)

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

7 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Sure seems like Deadpool is the to go to character for Lego at SDCC... well I for one am very glad with this figure mainly because I won't mind not being able to get it ;)

I'm just sad about the head, it looks like such an improvement of his mask next to the 2012 figure

3 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'm just sad about the head, it looks like such an improvement of his mask next to the 2012 figure

My thoughts exactly. The rest of the figure isn't that special, but that head looks really nice.

It's a shame Lego is limiting Deadpool related stuff to SDCC now, with this year's figure and last year's. Maybe they think if they release him in a standard set parents will freak out?

Absolutely loving the Inifnity War sets. Finally got round to seeing the movie and was surprised at how great the Lego sets actually were.

Although does anyone have any tips for a better hairpiece for Hela? She's my fav villain the MCU and I love the minfigure, but the hairpiece is just plain awful. Any suggestions?

It sucks that Deadpool is limited to comic-con it seems, given lots of people missed out on the one set with him in. Maybe one day they will release a comic based Spider-Man and Deadpool team up set? One can dream anyways 

1 hour ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Absolutely loving the Inifnity War sets. Finally got round to seeing the movie and was surprised at how great the Lego sets actually were.

Although does anyone have any tips for a better hairpiece for Hela? She's my fav villain the MCU and I love the minfigure, but the hairpiece is just plain awful. Any suggestions?

I personally think the Hela hairpiece is fine for her but maybe a good alternative could be the Thorin Oakenshield hairpiece from the Hobbit?

2 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Same here.  Never that big a Deadpool fan, and all of the wacky versions are kind of perfect for Comic Con.  I won't mind not having this sheriff version.  That said, I feel bad for those who love Deadpool in all his variations.  I'd be pissed if this was my favorite character.

9 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Same here.  Never that big a Deadpool fan, and all of the wacky versions are kind of perfect for Comic Con.  I won't mind not having this sheriff version.  That said, I feel bad for those who love Deadpool in all his variations.  I'd be pissed if this was my favorite character.

True but if you don't mind buying custom figures there are a lot of Deadpool variations out there and I have no doubt that someone will copy this figure as well relatively soon.