Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

So I haven't been following the threat, but so far I haven't found anything anywhere on upcoming sets besides the AMatW set. So is there any info? There's already a pic on a january DC set.

4 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

So I haven't been following the threat, but so far I haven't found anything anywhere on upcoming sets besides the AMatW set. So is there any info? There's already a pic on a january DC set.

Nope and given that the 2019 sets are expected to be based solely on the MCU I expect it to stay that way for quite a while... unless Lego decides to unexpectedly surprise us with a comic based set.

36 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

2019 sets are expected to be based solely on the MCU

Hey, that's something! Thanks!

43 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Nope and given that the 2019 sets are expected to be based solely on the MCU I expect it to stay that way for quite a while... unless Lego decides to unexpectedly surprise us with a comic based set.

When we got our last comic book based set? I want comic book sets. Come on Lego.

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

But since that helmet already exists why would you be disappointed if you get one more variant? I would say the more choice the better ;)

It's a little weird that they will be changing his helmet because they already introduced the old one. It's not just like a new printing. It means it will/can be used moving forward. It works for other characters like Batman and Ironman, because the helmets are good looking. But dual molded and translucent piece going forward with just new mold and then entire design is printing, instead of an upgrade, I'll call it a major downgrade. 

But like what I've said probably it's just me. 

Here comes spoilers, if we ever have a preview/leaks for 2019 set, it would be Captain Marvel, we'll know who's the villain. HYPE! 

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

When we got our last comic book based set? I want comic book sets. Come on Lego.

I agree 100%. I loved the comic based Spider-Man sets and we still need Electro, Rhino etc. in their classic comic look + I need a Daredevil figure, especially with him being teased in the infinity war set... 

10 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I agree 100%. I loved the comic based Spider-Man sets and we still need Electro, Rhino etc. in their classic comic look + I need a Daredevil figure, especially with him being teased in the infinity war set... 

Yeah I love the movie sets but it's frustrating to see DC get all of these comic-based sets that allow for more flexibility with characters. I'm dying for Daredevil and Moon Knight figures! We have all the right pieces for them too with the Black Panther ears flipped around for horns, 3L bars for batons and those new crescent blade pieces from Ninjago for Moon Knight. Such potential...

42 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

When we got our last comic book based set? 

The last comic sets were January 2017; Detriot Steel, Captain America jet and Hulk vs Rulk. I would really appreciate some extra comic sets squeezed in from time to time, just one or two in January and/or June

7 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The last comic sets were January 2017; Detriot Steel, Captain America jet and Hulk vs Rulk. I would really appreciate some extra comic sets squeezed in from time to time, just one or two in January and/or June

The MCU movies next year end in July, so hopefully we see one or two comic based sets in August but since we didn’t get any this year I’m not expecting them next year.

You know how in 2015 for the first Antman film set Lego changed the legs of Antony because of complaints. Is there any possibility Lego might do this with Wasps helmet and replace it with the firefly mould?

6 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

You know how in 2015 for the first Antman film set Lego changed the legs of Antony because of complaints. Is there any possibility Lego might do this with Wasps helmet and replace it with the firefly mould?

Not really complaints but it was an honest mistake on TLG's part. 

According to the representative, the issue with the set was an error in the instruction manual. The original design did not call for a cross-axle where the legs meet the torso, and the instructions reflected this preliminary design step. They delayed the set so they can fix the instructions page to reflect the final design of the build. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the pieces, or the quality control of the printing in the set, it is simply a problem with the instruction manual.

That's the real reason about pulling out those early release sets and have it changed, I doubt it'll happen with Firely/Wasp helmet. 

3 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I hope the Firefly helmet at least gets reused for Wasp in the future. It's too perfect not to.

Hm wouldnt say perfect. It’d still be a print instead of molded eye lenses.  It would certainly look better than what we’ve got now, but inferior to what they showed in the Lego Avengers with the Janet MCU wasp helmet

13 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The MCU movies next year end in July, so hopefully we see one or two comic based sets in August but since we didn’t get any this year I’m not expecting them next year.

Wouldn’t count on it. MCU movies end in July of this year too and we’re only getting this Antman set for our summer “wave”

24 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Hm wouldnt say perfect. It’d still be a print instead of molded eye lenses.

This is what I'm trying to point out. It's not like a spot on mold for Wasp nor Antman, it could've been better if they use it but not perfect. 

1 hour ago, LegoLord54 said:

I assume LEGO did not have the budget to create a new mold for Wasp in the Ant-Man and the Wasp set so they decided to use the budget of a DC set that allows them to create a new mold to create a helmet that works for Wasp and use it for Firefly so then they have an opportunity to make more new molds instead of Wasp's helmet for the Avengers 4 sets.

I don't know much about that process so that is just my assumption.

1 hour ago, Rookie875 said:

I assume LEGO did not have the budget to create a new mold for Wasp in the Ant-Man and the Wasp set so they decided to use the budget of a DC set that allows them to create a new mold to create a helmet that works for Wasp and use it for Firefly so then they have an opportunity to make more new molds instead of Wasp's helmet for the Avengers 4 sets.

I don't know much about that process so that is just my assumption.

Wierd Lego. They don't have budget for main character of a Marvel (biggest movie company that makes the biggest ammount of money) movie, but they have budget for 5 new random batarang pieces in two random sets. 

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wierd Lego. They don't have budget for main character of a Marvel (biggest movie company that makes the biggest ammount of money) movie, but they have budget for 5 new random batarang pieces in two random sets. 

Disney is cheap, yo.

So as expected we are getting another exclusive figure.... I wonder who it might be, for DC I have some ideas but with Marvel not so much. As long as it isn't Daredevil or Baron Zemo I'll probably be fine with it.

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

So as expected we are getting another exclusive figure.... I wonder who it might be, for DC I have some ideas but with Marvel not so much. As long as it isn't Daredevil or Baron Zemo I'll probably be fine with it.

Well last time it was Deadpool Duck, I  don't think they'd go with big a-list characters like them

Lego marvel exclusive? Is that a set? An early look or the counter part of Aquaman set from DC.

For the exclusive fig. I'm afraid because of the 10th year anniv they can do throwback. So it's should be Mark 1 just like Funko releasing a Mark 1 pop. Which I hope I'm wrong.

It could be also the Stone Keeper, Red Skull. 

12 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

That’s a good possibility. One that I also would be ok with because I can live without it.

I can also see Black Panther related stuff for the exclusive minifigure or set. That movie was huge and people still want more from it. 

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN

14 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Lego marvel exclusive? Is that a set? An early look or the counter part of Aquaman set from DC.

For the exclusive fig. I'm afraid because of the 10th year anniv they can do throwback. So it's should be Mark 1 just like Funko releasing a Mark 1 pop. Which I hope I'm wrong.

If its Red Skull as the stone keeper then no big deal fairly easy to make a custom one using existing parts, if its the Mark 1 I feel a lot of people would be upset given how important the first Iron Man was to the MCU and how iconic the suit is. Hope the exclusive set follows the same thing as the other two where nothing is exclusive 

7 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

If its Red Skull as the stone keeper then no big deal fairly easy to make a custom one using existing parts, if its the Mark 1 I feel a lot of people would be upset given how important the first Iron Man was to the MCU and how iconic the suit is. Hope the exclusive set follows the same thing as the other two where nothing is exclusive 

As for the set we can expect the same treatment given that the only exclusive is the box. 

That's my fear, coz the MK1 is so iconic and again, just like Taneleer Tivan, it'll hurt so many collections with just one missing. Hopefully I'm wrong tho. It's MCU's 10th year anniversary anything is possible.