Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

49 minutes ago, Brickbashbosh said:

Aye I know Asda is part of Walmart group but just seems strange as they have never done any of the other Walmart exclusives. In my experience majority of Asda stores Lego consists of cheap impulse buy sets eg battle packs Brickheadz, Mighty Micros and on the off chance the stores have anything “larger” ( £15+) they inevitably slash it by 40-50% as they become shelf huggers. 

You could well be right though as not seen it listed anywhere else and with TRu gone maybe Asda thought they’d give it a pop.

Really hope not though as it would be quite difficult to get as like I said most Asda stores only have a range of about 10 sets total to cover all themes :/  ( obvs it’s available through S@H so granted not “hard” just have to cough up p&p )

Yeah for the UK I have only come across 2 listings online for the AMATW set and they are the Lego store itself and direct.asda.com

On 31-5-2018 at 3:41 PM, MakkaG15 said:

it is odd, ive only seen one review for it

anyone else actually warming up to the ant man figure, im used to the wasp now, i still dont like the helmet, but im used to it

Hi MakkaG15,

Can you please use proper punctualization and capitalization. We don't mind typos or misspelling here and there, but please use capitals, periods, I'm or I am instead of im etc. 

Thanks for understanding!

So I've literally just bought all the Infinity War sets and I'm currently on a hunt for some of the earlier sets.

I like collecting minifigs mostly; so can one of you help me? Captain America - how many variations does he have? Cause I noticed in Winter Soldier he has a different style outfit to the traditional white/red/blue outfit. So if anyone can give me details on the Captain America variations I'd appreciate it.

25 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

So I've literally just bought all the Infinity War sets and I'm currently on a hunt for some of the earlier sets.

I like collecting minifigs mostly; so can one of you help me? Captain America - how many variations does he have? Cause I noticed in Winter Soldier he has a different style outfit to the traditional white/red/blue outfit. So if anyone can give me details on the Captain America variations I'd appreciate it.

I think there are at least 5 variants of Captain America, i.e. Scuba Captain, Space Captain, pilot Captain, maskless (infinity war), standard. 

There's one more variant which is the ultra rare SDCC version.

I have all the above except SDCC and pilot variants. Gonna get myself the pilot variant soon.

1 hour ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Classic cap 2014

Avengers cap 2012

Age of ultron cap 2015 (also used for civil war sets)

Maskless cap 2016

Scuba cap 2016

Spacesuit cap 2016

Pilot cap 2017

Infinity war cap 2018

Sam wilson cap 2015

Hydra cap 2016

Toy fair cap 2012

Pretty sure that is all

11 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Classic cap 2014

Avengers cap 2012

Maskless cap 2016

Scuba cap 2016

Spacesuit cap 2016

Pilot cap 2017

Infinity war cap 2018

Sam wilson cap 2015

Hydra cap 2016

Toy fair cap 2012

Pretty sure that is all

Wow. The hydra cap 2016 is the one that comes with Red Skull right? I thought it's the standard cap?

1 hour ago, MountainMike said:

Wow. The hydra cap 2016 is the one that comes with Red Skull right? I thought it's the standard cap?

No, the "Hydra" cap is the SDCC exclusive from 2016.

3 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Most of them already provided the main ones. Though you might wanna add this to your collection: 

Mighty Micros Captain America

Microfig Captain America (UCS Hellicarrier)

2 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Thank so much guys; is there any outfits in there that are similar to the Winter Soldier outfit?

2012 will be the closest to the comic book Winter Soldier Capt. 

5 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Sorry if this is already said or redundant but you can always go to Brickset.com and search the Captain America minifigure tag.  It's helped me a lot and makes you spend even more money on sets you didn't know existed!

5 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

For any I'd recommend Bricklink or brickset.

4 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Pretty sure that is all

Not to be pedantic :wink: but you missed the mighty mirco (and the nanofig if that counts :shrug_confused:)

7 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Classic cap 2014

Avengers cap 2012

Maskless cap 2016

Scuba cap 2016

Spacesuit cap 2016

Pilot cap 2017

Infinity war cap 2018

Sam wilson cap 2015

Hydra cap 2016

Toy fair cap 2012

Pretty sure that is all

I think there is another maskless version of cap from the Helicarrier in 2015 as he uses a different hairpiece compared to the civil war variant.

So, has anyone seen Sweet Mayhem from the new stuff for the Lego Movie 2? Because it could be just me, but her helmet looks like it would make a pretty damn good Wasp helmet if they recoloured it, maybe for an updated fig in the future? 

Makes it kind of a shame that Ant-Man and the Wasp didn't happen next year rather than this year . . 

1 hour ago, LegoLord54 said:

I think there is another maskless version of cap from the Helicarrier in 2015 as he uses a different hairpiece compared to the civil war variant.

And that fig uses Obi Wan's face with the generic hairpiece different from Hawkeye's face inCivil War line. 

www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/avengers_4/first-avengers-4-promo-art-leaks-online-and-it-features-a-new-team-new-costumes-and-captain-marvel-a161105

The Avengers 4 promo art actually show Thanos in his battle armor with a blade, hence his "butter knife" in his Titan set as well as in his battle armor. But still his sleeveless arms isn't accurate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Edited by YangHao6998

5 hours ago, YangHao6998 said:

www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/avengers_4/first-avengers-4-promo-art-leaks-online-and-it-features-a-new-team-new-costumes-and-captain-marvel-a161105

The Avengers 4 promo art actually show Thanos in his battle armor with a blade, hence his "butter knife" in his Titan set as well as in his battle armor. But still his sleeveless arms isn't accurate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Looks cool

the ‘butter knife’ we got looks nothing like the butter knife shown in the promo though.

I have a feeling we can get this version of Thanos in A4 sets, just the armor printing in arms. I'm okay if they will release a new one without the helm so that we can just swap it out getting the bald one with his tanktop and then helmet version with full armor. 

If these Avengers 4 art is real , we could be getting some interesting minifigures next year... I still don’t understand why Russo’s refuse to have Thanos in his classic comicbook armor aka his GoTG look.

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

If these Avengers 4 art is real , we could be getting some interesting minifigures next year... I still don’t understand why Russo’s refuse to have Thanos in his classic comicbook armor aka his GoTG look.

I learned my mistakes, even if there's interesting design in characters butlego decided not to make it, still it's useless. HOME MADE SPIDEY SUIT EHEM EHEM*

1 hour ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Has anyone tried putting yellow jacket's face onto wasp?

Why would anyone put a male face onto a female torso..?

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

Why would anyone put a male face onto a female torso..?

I’m guessing he means the helmet, but I tried it and it doesn’t really fit at all sadly...