Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

That's the street release date. Normally set will pop up a week early, and I just find it weird. 

it is odd, ive only seen one review for it

anyone else actually warming up to the ant man figure, im used to the wasp now, i still dont like the helmet, but im used to it

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

That's the street release date. Normally set will pop up a week early, and I just find it weird. 

Around where I live, at least, I have the feeling that LEGO sales have slowed. Inventory doesn’t seem to be moving nearly as quickly as a year or two ago, and it took a few weeks before I saw every Infinity War set on the shelves. I wonder if retailers who might have put the AMATW set up early in previous years are now just trying to move the product that’s been sitting there for months. 

15 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

Around where I live, at least, I have the feeling that LEGO sales have slowed. Inventory doesn’t seem to be moving nearly as quickly as a year or two ago, and it took a few weeks before I saw every Infinity War set on the shelves. I wonder if retailers who might have put the AMATW set up early in previous years are now just trying to move the product that’s been sitting there for months. 

ive seen a bunch of shops full of the same lego i saw them with weeks ago, im assuming it because of christmas and its the middle of the year when nothing needs to be bought for christmas and all christmas money is spent, also with the awful deals in some shops *cough* toysrus *cough* i assume people are using things like amazon more

5 minutes ago, Afolkingdom said:

What is the target DCPI code for the new Ant man set?

I’m pretty sure it is a Walmart exclusive 

14 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

it is odd, ive only seen one review for it

anyone else actually warming up to the ant man figure, im used to the wasp now, i still dont like the helmet, but im used to it

And I know the story behind that sets that was out so early. Our friend @Falconfan1414 have it also. 

I'm excited with all of the figures in the set.

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

And I know the story behind that sets that was out so early. Our friend @Falconfan1414 have it also. 

I'm excited with all of the figures in the set.

our we allowed to know it?

the figures over time have gotten better

I won't go into details. Sets came from a seller in eBay, they paid a higher price compare to retail which is $20 / If I remember it correctly only 10 sets has been on sale and all of it was sold.

Yeap figs are better especially the new Antman with that faceprint re-use from the PoTC: Silent Mary but still cool.

Has anyone seen it in the Uk anywhere yet? Because I wonder where it will be exclusive at if it even is exclusive at all.

Yeah, this lack of information is getting absolutely ridiculous. It’s June 1st in the U.S. and the only retailer listing 76109 is Lego shop@home. If it is exclusive (to Lego or another retailer), they need to say so. This company can be so frustrating some times.

REALLY not looking to go on a treasure hunt today.

Edited by PARED

Hi all. Long time lurker. Just wanna share that I have just seen the Antman and The Wasp Lego set this evening. 

Seems like it's a Lego Store exclusive.

Lego will be the death of wallet!

Just started collecting Marvel sets and the addiction is taking over. I've binged-watched all of the movies and just couldn't resist. So yeah, I'm joining the club...where's the cookies?

33 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Lego will be the death of wallet!

Just started collecting Marvel sets and the addiction is taking over. I've binged-watched all of the movies and just couldn't resist. So yeah, I'm joining the club...where's the cookies?

Me too! I have been collecting almost exclusively Marvel's superheroes sets only with the exception of some interesting DC's Batman, Ninjago, Star Wars sets...

Just now, MountainMike said:

Me too! I have been collecting almost exclusively Marvel's superheroes sets only with the exception of some interesting DC's Batman, Ninjago, Star Wars sets...

Ah you see I've got hands in Star Wars, Disney, (future) Harry Potter, Friends, Elves and now Marvel!

I think I need help!

4 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Ah you see I've got hands in Star Wars, Disney, (future) Harry Potter, Friends, Elves and now Marvel!

I think I need help!

Lol ?

5 hours ago, Afolkingdom said:

Anyone in the US find the new Ant Man set at Target or Walmart? 

Been to four Wal-Marts and two Targets with no luck. Really frustrating. Is this a Lego store exclusive?

Edited by PARED

Bought Ant-Man and The Wasp set today. It's amazing.

Minifigures are great. Ant-Man is perfect, only inaccuracy is his mouth not covered up by mask. Wasp is better in hands, still not awesome, but good. Ghost is amazing.

The build is really unique, uses a lot of cool techniques. Cockipt is so amazing!

Overall, it's not a perfect set, but for 20$ you get an awesome set with great minifigures.

In the UK at least the Ant man & Wasp set was spotted in the wild early in the week in Asda stores so assuming it's not exclusive here as they don't do exclusive as far as I'm aware 

Antman and The Wasp set is not available at Toys R Us stores here in Malaysia.

As commented earlier, it appears to be Lego Store exclusive.

21 hours ago, Brickbashbosh said:

In the UK at least the Ant man & Wasp set was spotted in the wild early in the week in Asda stores so assuming it's not exclusive here as they don't do exclusive as far as I'm aware 

It may be exclusive to ASDA because it is owned by Wallmart in which the set is exclusive to in USA.

11 hours ago, LegoLord54 said:

It may be exclusive to ASDA because it is owned by Wallmart in which the set is exclusive to in USA.

Aye I know Asda is part of Walmart group but just seems strange as they have never done any of the other Walmart exclusives. In my experience majority of Asda stores Lego consists of cheap impulse buy sets eg battle packs Brickheadz, Mighty Micros and on the off chance the stores have anything “larger” ( £15+) they inevitably slash it by 40-50% as they become shelf huggers. 

You could well be right though as not seen it listed anywhere else and with TRu gone maybe Asda thought they’d give it a pop.

Really hope not though as it would be quite difficult to get as like I said most Asda stores only have a range of about 10 sets total to cover all themes :/  ( obvs it’s available through S@H so granted not “hard” just have to cough up p&p )