Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

54 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

Does that mean they won't be available outside of TRU?

for US, it will be on Lego's website and in Lego stores to purchase, like with past Toys R Us exclusives

I'm even more in love with those figs after seeing the new pics. Didn't expect Tony to have arm printing especially. I wish some of the normal figures had this much detail, especially Strange and Spidey.

46 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I'm even more in love with those figs after seeing the new pics. Didn't expect Tony to have arm printing especially. I wish some of the normal figures had this much detail, especially Strange and Spidey.

Quality of Minifig pack is incredible, but quality of the sets is lazy.

2 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I'm just glad that after the Silver Centurion, Homecoming Spiderman, they still can do minifigures like this. Quality better than SDCC that is not impossible to get. 

9 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

bad news is it's a 5 month wait I guess

It is strange why all these bricktober packs have leaked at pretty much the exact same time as sets that are scheduled for August like Harry Potter and Star Wars.

1 hour ago, LegoLord54 said:

It is strange why all these bricktober packs have leaked at pretty much the exact same time as sets that are scheduled for August like Harry Potter and Star Wars.

Probably because of what's happening in TRU in US? If it will be released same time as the HP and SW sets, it would be great. 

My only real disappointment with the pack is that White Wolf's arm is grey instead of black like it should be but these figures look amazing. Hell, 3 of the 4 get arm printing, 2 get dual molded legs and Wong gets side leg printing! It also would've been nice if Tony had the glasses on one face print but not a huge deal. I want to see more figure packs like this that give us amazing looking figures. With sets, figure quality has to compete with set quality more often than not resulting in compromise and missing detail. Since the figures are the set, they get $100 of the budget. It's so weird that more often than not Marvel figures tend to get shafted in quality of printing and new molds compared to other themes but stuff like this really helps make up for it a little bit.

Not to change the subject, but has anyone assembled a good alternate weapon for Cull Obsidian?  I'd like something a little more accurate than what we got.  Problem is that his actual weapon is so versatile (shield, hammer, claw-chain-thing).

6 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

My only real disappointment with the pack is that White Wolf's arm is grey instead of black like it should be but these figures look amazing. Hell, 3 of the 4 get arm printing, 2 get dual molded legs and Wong gets side leg printing! It also would've been nice if Tony had the glasses on one face print but not a huge deal. I want to see more figure packs like this that give us amazing looking figures. With sets, figure quality has to compete with set quality more often than not resulting in compromise and missing detail. Since the figures are the set, they get $100 of the budget. It's so weird that more often than not Marvel figures tend to get shafted in quality of printing and new molds compared to other themes but stuff like this really helps make up for it a little bit.

You mean his robotic vibranium arm? Left one? It is metallic silver, just like in the movie.

Plus, Bucky also gets side leg printing.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

I would have though the arm would be in gunmetal grey at least.  It did look almost black in the movie.

This new pack looks amazing I only have 3 minor critiques, Buckys hairpiece, Wong’s lack of hair, and no glasses for Tony.

On 5/19/2018 at 3:53 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Quality of Minifig pack is incredible, but quality of the sets is lazy.

You didn't get the memo? Your criticism is lazy. The sets are cost-cutting.

8 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

My only real disappointment with the pack is that White Wolf's arm is grey instead of black like it should be but these figures look amazing. 

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

I would have though the arm would be in gunmetalgrey at least.  It did look almost black in the movie.

Nebula's arm with printing would have been perfect. But it is not black. So I'm okay with what we got. 

image.png

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You mean his robotic vibranium arm? Left one? It is metallic silver, just like in the movie.

Plus, Bucky also gets side leg printing.

It's definitely more gunmetal, not the pearl silver we're getting. It's shiny so reflects light really well. When they open up the case and in a lot of scenes it looks more black and certainly in most promo images it appears black. 

whitewwolf2.jpg.6ef2d2b3dbf16fc96fd23a4d1be69549.jpg

@Dr Axels I've seen a lot of customs and edits with the AoU Hulk mold having the black pants. It's cool hopefully we get the chance to get another Hulk in A4 sets.

12 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

Anyone else now wishing we got a new Hulk with regular black pants?  I'm kinda bummed about it.

To me, it doesn’t feel like a big need. It will be cool if we get another Hulk variant in the A4 sets but nothing can top the Ragnarok Hulk in my mind. It’s my favorite big fig LEGO has ever made. 

Anyone know or be able to give their best guess where the new Antman and the wasp sets will show up in the UK?

15 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

Anyone else now wishing we got a new Hulk with regular black pants?  I'm kinda bummed about it.

He was only at the beggining of the movie, but it still would be cool tho.

On 25.05.2018 at 3:46 AM, SpiderJazz said:

Haven't seen the Antman and the Wasp set in the wild,  is it June 1st release date? 

It is. I have seen it in a lot of retailers (websites).

On 25/05/2018 at 2:46 AM, SpiderJazz said:

Haven't seen the Antman and the Wasp set in the wild,  is it June 1st release date? 

On 28/05/2018 at 9:03 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It is. I have seen it in a lot of retailers (websites).

so its out tomorrow?

1 hour ago, MakkaG15 said:

so its out tomorrow?

That's the street release date. Normally set will pop up a week early, and I just find it weird.