Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

16 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

LEGO did the same thing with Civil War.  Really curious what this means for Infinity War, though.  We were teased with new Bucky and War Machine figs, as well as Wong, in that 10 Year photo.

Yeah, I believe we will eventually get them down the line. In fact, the legs of Bucky being dual molded already exist. It just needs the printing. Lego Ideas 21310 Fisherman's legs.

I hope Janet lives past Ant-Man 2 and features in Avengers 4 so we can get a figure of her, as they're very disappointingly not making a second set. I'm predicting some dumb "I'm actually a villain so you must, in an emotional moment, kill me, your wife" twist with her though, so I'm not getting my hopes too high.

11 minutes ago, Bobathan Buan said:

lol what, he complains about everything about that set and buys it anyways.

Views.

Do you think lego will go back and some sets based on past movies? Now would be a good time considering there's a sizeable gap between AM&TW and Captain Marvel. 

16 minutes ago, KaiNinjaOfFire said:

Views.

Do you think lego will go back and some sets based on past movies? Now would be a good time considering there's a sizeable gap between AM&TW and Captain Marvel. 

Probably not now. Next marvel sets will most likely be whatever we get for captain marvel in January 

56 minutes ago, KaiNinjaOfFire said:

Views.

They could do it coz of the 10th anniversary. But knowing lego. I doubt. I just hope that next year will be better if not, just stay close on what were getting. 

2 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

Oh well.  Maybe with Avengers 4, we'll get Wasp's microfig.  LEGO did the same thing with Civil War.  Really curious what this means for Infinity War, though.  We were teased with new Bucky and War Machine figs, as well as Wong, in that 10 Year photo.

It's also odd that if there is nothing else, that Marvel Superheroes is done for the year.  Maybe its to switch the focus to DC with those two comic-based sets and eventually Aquaman.

The Wasp microfig in A4 sets would actually be a good idea. I doubt we’ll get another figure of her since Evangeline Lilly said she only has a small role and there are more important heroes to do, but giving us a Wasp microfigure would be a good way to get another character without taking up an actual minifigure slot. 

It’s so depressing comparing new Star Wars and Harry Potter figures to marvel ones. New mounds, leg printing, dual moulding. And marvel gets none of it. Why is it the super heroes line is where they’re cutting costs?

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

It’s so depressing comparing new Star Wars and Harry Potter figures to marvel ones. New mounds, leg printing, dual moulding. And marvel gets none of it. Why is it the super heroes line is where they’re cutting costs?

My guess is that, even though the fanbases for star wars and harry potter may be bigger, those franchises aren't nearley as "hot" as Superheroes (specially marvel) so they need to attract more custumers with unique things, such as characters, builds and moulds.

And they know people who regularly buy sets for Superheroes will do.

Or something else, I don't know

Edited by Walter529a

Has anyone come up with replacement legs for Wasp with printing?

Any suggestions for replacement heads that would show silver/grey in the Ant-man helmet mouth gap, but also show eyes somehow?

1 minute ago, linnormlord said:

Any suggestions for replacement heads that would show silver/grey in the Ant-man helmet mouth gap, but also show eyes somehow?

Maybe the legs from Ayesha can be used? And I'm not 100% certain but the only head I can think of that is grey and has normal eyes is Doom so maybe that headpiece could work.

7 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

You might wanna use Bane TDKR for Antman head. Eyes still there also the mouth will be silver.

14 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Probably not now. Next marvel sets will most likely be whatever we get for captain marvel in January 

Kind of depressing this is the last Marvel set until January besides the Rocket and Groot BrickHeadz. Last year we had two sets in June then two in August. This year only one set in June??

8 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Kind of depressing this is the last Marvel set until January besides the Rocket and Groot BrickHeadz. Last year we had two sets in June then two in August. This year only one set in June??

We are still getting set 76106 which could be an infinity war set with an August release date.

1 minute ago, britishbrickphotos said:

We are still getting set 76106 which could be an infinity war set with an August release date.

Is it confirmed? Or you just assuming because it was a missing number?

A newly spawned account that probably has some connections. Interesting. 

@Invincible_LEGOMAN don't lose hope.

34 minutes ago, britishbrickphotos said:

My question is that if it does exist, what would it be of?  Their's only a handful of scenes that I'd consider spoilerish, yet hardly any of our missing characters appear in them. 

2 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

My question is that if it does exist, what would it be of?  Their's only a handful of scenes that I'd consider spoilerish, yet hardly any of our missing characters appear in them. 

My guess would probably be the opening scene, the incident on Vormir or a Wakanda troop transport.

If it were the opening scene it would possibly include Heimdall, Loki, Thanos and one of the Black Order. The build would be a small portion of the damaged ship.

The scene on Vormir could include the Stonekeeper, Thanos and Gamora and a small mountain build.

A Wakanda set I think could include Bucky, War Machine, a Wakandan, an Outrider and maybe Cull Obsidian with a metal arm and the build would be a troop transport and some vegetation.

I think that given Lego put Bucky and War Machine in their 10 year MCU poster a Wakanda set is most likely. Also isn't the set supposed to include a big fig?

3 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Maybe the legs from Ayesha can be used? And I'm not 100% certain but the only head I can think of that is grey and has normal eyes is Doom so maybe that headpiece could work.

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

You might wanna use Bane TDKR for Antman head. Eyes still there also the mouth will be silver.

Great ideas! I can't wait to try them!

This set looks so much better after the review. I loved the build, but now I love it even more. It's so unique, uses a lot of cool techniques and the cockpit :wub:

Ant-Man looks great, Wasp is okay and Ghost is fantastic.

Also, what is the golden trophy supposed to represent :wacko:

I think the trophy is supposed to be an award for it being the worst marvel set in a while, not entirely sure :tongue:

12 hours ago, britishbrickphotos said:

You don’t actually know though that we are getting 76106 right? We’ve all guessed that could be an Infinity war set but as far as I know there’s been no confirmation and it’s possible LEGO could skip the number.

1 hour ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

You don’t actually know though that we are getting 76106 right? We’ve all guessed that could be an Infinity war set but as far as I know there’s been no confirmation and it’s possible LEGO could skip the number.

They did say on Promo Bricks that 76106 was among the infinity war wave and it seems illogical to me that Lego would skip the number when there's still a few scenes they could give us as a D2C set.

9 minutes ago, britishbrickphotos said:

They did say on Promo Bricks that 76106 was among the infinity war wave and it seems illogical to me that Lego would skip the number when there's still a few scenes they could give us as a D2C set.

We already got the D2C set which is the Hulkbuster Ultron Edition, information got mixed up about the set numbers and prices. As @Invincible_LEGOMAN said, TLG could jump with set numbers, unless you know something that we don't know. Getting the 7th set is a great addition. 

On 14/05/2018 at 7:09 PM, britishbrickphotos said:

A Wakanda set I think could include Bucky, War Machine, a Wakandan, an Outrider and maybe Cull Obsidian with a metal arm and the build would be a troop transport and some vegetation.

This is the most likely, but with the random Wakandan substituted for M'Baku. I like the idea of Cull Obsidian with a metal hand and maybe a new face print and weapon, but I'd still prefer bald Thanos. I'd prefer if the set were a Q ship, as all of the characters that are new in the poster are around one at various points in the movie.

26 minutes ago, ood0 said:

This is the most likely, but with the random Wakandan substituted for M'Baku. I like the idea of Cull Obsidian with a metal hand and maybe a new face print and weapon, but I'd still prefer bald Thanos. I'd prefer if the set were a Q ship, as all of the characters that are new in the poster are around one at various points in the movie.

When are war machiene and bucky around a Q ship? Only ones are

23 hours ago, Ultron said:

I think the trophy is supposed to be an award for it being the worst marvel set in a while, not entirely sure :tongue:

Too funny :grin: