Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Speaking of the mystery set for Infinity War that may or may not exist, I can't really think of anything that would make a 7th set. Most of the key scenes are covered, and there aren't big spoiler scenes that I can think that would work as a set. The only thing I can think of is the recent reveal of Hulk toys that don't actually reflect a scene in the film, maybe Lego had a hulk set planned but nixed it?

Edited by GeekByKnight

4 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I for one really like the look of this set. The vehicle looks very interesting and is very nicely designed, I especially like how they managed to integrate the stud-shooters into the build. The figures look good for me as well. They might not be the most detailed but they capture the essence of the characters very well.

Which set are you talking about? If it's the Ant-Man and the Wasp set where'd you find it??

3 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

A rather impressive, grebbley build; but, I feel this was a missed opportunity to utilize the Jurassic World Gyrosphere assembly elsewhere beyond that theme, for the cockpit area of that vehicle that is. :sceptic:

The new figures have been revealed on mariopower’s Lego leaks account. They seem to be the exact designs from the game. Ant-Man looks the best, Wasp and Ghost could both use leg printing, and the Iron Man helmet looks okay. Not the best but at least they didn’t reuse the Ant-Man helmet. 

Edit: Never mind, the previous replies weren’t loading and I didn’t realize that the whole set had been revealed. It looks really cool! It’s curious that they mentioned “sets” on their Instagram account since I don’t think there’ll be another one. 

Second edit: Ghost has a regular human reverse face! I wasn’t expecting that at all and it’s really nice to see! Hopefully we also get a hairpiece. I wish they would’ve done something similar with Killmonger. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

The set looks good for what it's worth but do you guys think we're gonna get a screen accurate ant-man helmet in the future?

Trend still continues, 2 sets with every MCU film.

Just now, BatofGotham said:

The set looks good for what it's worth but do you guys think we're gonna get a screen accurate ant-man helmet in the future?

I doubt, not unless alot of people will rant about it

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

2 sets? Are you confirming that another one is coming?

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It says lego sets in legos post so I think it seems we are getting more than one set 

Wow! This set really surprised me! I love it! I’m so happy it’s not the van from the trailers! The Ant-Man movie sets seem to always have such unique builds for these $20 sets. The minifigures are fine to me and the Wasp helmet doesn’t bother me. Good job LEGO!

15 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

It doesn't bother me that much but I think the fans will appreciate it if they fix the helmet since it's not in line with the rules of the pym particles :classic:

Helmets aside, I think they'll reuse Emilia Clarke's head for The Wasp

Honestly I am not too sure what they could do for the possible second set build wise however there are many figures they could do like luis,Janet van dyme , Hank Pym and Goliath but I very much doubt they would redo the ant man and wasp figures 

12 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It says lego sets in legos post so I think it seems we are getting more than one set 

Agreed. 

Just now, BatofGotham said:

It doesn't bother me that much but I think the fans will appreciate it if they fix the helmet since it's not in line with the rules of the pym particles :classic:

Mold will cost alot than printing, remember when they fixed Visions stone printing, they missed that for Strange's eye of agamotto.

Chance are slim for the helm. 

18 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Shhhh. I didn't say anything like that. Haha.

2 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

Honestly I am not too sure what they could do for the possible second set build wise however there are many figures they could do like luis,Janet van dyme , Hank Pym and Goliath but I very much doubt they would redo the ant man and wasp figures 

I could see the van scene being a set or a set with Ant-Man as Giant Man. The builds are their but we will see what happens. It could also be like BrickHeadz are coming out for the movie. 

If we get a second set I’m really hoping for Hank and Janet figures. I wouldn’t mind getting Goliath, either. However, I could also see us getting a $30 set with Giant-Man and Sonny Burch’s car from the trailer.

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I like the fact that they did a back print for Ghost's face including Hannah (actress)

Thought those were two seperate heads but that works too

I'm really liking the look of the new Ant Man and The Wasp set. Slightly disappointed that the figures don't exactly match - I'd rather the helmets be recolours of each other, rather than having one moulded and one printed but still, it's fine, really. My preference would be for Wasp's helmet to be a recoloured mold of Ant Man's, but if the budget wouldn't allow for that then it's understandable, but wish that the Ant Man figure would use the same printed helmet too. I think the build is fantastic. Very detailed, and I would say a decent parts pack, too. It looks like there's only enough room in the cockpit for one figure, but there seems to be plenty of areas that another could cling to.

Edited by Rocketbilly

30 minutes ago, BatofGotham said:

:classic:

They already made a Evangeline Lilly face for turiel from the hobbit, but they probably won't reuse it

7 minutes ago, BatofGotham said:

Thought those were two seperate heads but that works too

If you look clearly, they used the same technique with batgirl in TLBM and also Scooby doo baddie.

The helmet looks really incosistant when you put Wasp next to Antman, they are like coming from 2 completely different series. 

Feels like lego are intended to give us a shitty version wasp this year, then they will have plenty of rooms to improve the Wasp in Avenger4 set. 

If we eventually will get an updated Wasp next year, I will skip this set with no doubt.