Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

21 hours ago, LegoLord54 said:

Although it is very likely that if we do get Antman and the wasp set/ sets we will get the versions shown in the dlc there is still a possibility we will get different and new antman and wasp mini figures.

The designs of characters from Infinity War DLC are EXACTLY the same as from the sets. The designs for Ant-Man, Wasp and Ghost will be exactly ones we have seen in DLC. Or maybe worse.

19 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

History is terrible and should've ended years ago.

Um, pardon me, but, what exactly do you mean by that? :shrug_confused:

18 hours ago, eldiano said:

when is the infinity war dlc sets coming out?

Old rumor. There is no Infinity War D2C coming. Maybe we will get spoiler set for summer, but we don't know anything about more Infinity War sets.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Um, pardon me, but, what exactly do you mean by that? :shrug_confused:

Existential-based irony. If history ended years ago Rob would be unable to comment due to a crippling lack of existence.

On 16-4-2018 at 12:24 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm not really a fan of the theme myself either, not so much for its story (I've never watched the TV show), but for the line's very premise. Yes, the theme has had its share of sets which have caught my eye, but medieval ninjas flying around in modern fighter jets? :wacko:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor imagination land      imagination bro, we need more of it :laugh:

4 hours ago, allstyles said:

imagination bro, we need more of it :laugh:

Hey, I'm all for imagination, just as long as it has a clear focus. Fusing modern technology with medieval attire just seems a little too lazy to me, whereas designers could have equipped the ninjas with rides that utilized technologies more evocative of that time period. Or, visa versa, if you are going to have ninjas pilot fighter jets and cybernetic mechs, outfit them in suits both reflective of those technologies yet evocative of medieval Japanese garb.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, I'm all for imagination, just as long as it has a clear focus. Fusing modern technology with medieval attire just seems a little too lazy to me, whereas designers could have equipped the ninjas with rides that utilized technologies more evocative of that time period. Or, visa versa, if you are going to have ninjas pilot fighter jets and cybernetic mechs, outfit them in suits both reflective of those technologies yet evocative of medieval Japanese garb.

My point was, it's all individual taste. I copied someone's sentence, but replaced "Ninjago" with "history". The original quote was "Ninjago is terrible and should have ended years ago." The writer then went on to talk about history and how interesting he found it to be. But I find history boring. I don't care about historical accuracy. It's all good, though. I was just trying to point out that hey, they're all just opinions. 

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:05 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The designs of characters from Infinity War DLC are EXACTLY the same as from the sets. The designs for Ant-Man, Wasp and Ghost will be exactly ones we have seen in DLC. Or maybe worse.

Or maybe better. If you're going to allow for maybes, in direct contradiction to your previous sentence, at least be fair about it. Sheesh.

Edited by rob-ot5000

On 4/15/2018 at 10:36 AM, RedHoodPug said:

Lego isn’t cheap because of the size of the company, they actually have to design the sets for the licenses they bought, design the minifigs, the boxes, the marketing, everything. Customisers and bootleggers are taking a property they don’t own, a license they don’t own, the cheaply produced figures that are printed in the same style as Lego often come in solo sets with the same little build, in a box with a logo that suspiciously resembles Lego. The amount of work that Lego do that the knockoffs pilfer is staggering, which makes it all a vicious circle of rising costs.

Amen

21 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Or maybe better. If you're going to allow for maybes, in direct contradiction to your previous sentence, at least be fair about it. Sheesh.

It was kinda sarcasm. Lego didn't put any effort to Infinity War sets, so the same will happen to Ant-Man and The Wasp.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It was kinda sarcasm. Lego didn't put any effort to Infinity War sets, so the same will happen to Ant-Man and The Wasp.

That's not sarcasm. It's cynicism.

On 18/04/2018 at 9:32 PM, rob-ot5000 said:

But I find history boring.

Oh boy

On 18/04/2018 at 9:32 PM, rob-ot5000 said:

The writer then went on to talk about history and how interesting he found it to be. But I find history boring. I don't care about historical accuracy.

Nope, I said pull other stuff from history, as in stuff from all time periods all around the world. I also think giving the vehicles a traditional Ninja era flair would be brilliant. Give the Ninjas some interesting and unique vehicles, not another futuristic jet/bike/tank with flame decals. 

Anyway, we should get back on topic.

Edited by ood0

7 hours ago, ood0 said:

Anyway, we should get back on topic.

Yes you should... There's too much reports from the Licensed forum these days and mods already asked nicely to stay on topic. Be nice guys, thanks.

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wouldnt say they didnt put any effort but the black panther one is extremely lazy , overpriced and only worth it for the minifigs.

Edited by just_one

1 hour ago, just_one said:

I wouldnt say they didnt put any effort but the black panther one is extremely lazy , overpriced and only worth it for the minifigs.

I don't agree. I think not only the 30$ set is worth it, but also a great build, great play and display set, and has a good selection of minifigs.I do think there is a decline in the quality and care that is put in to the marvel super heroea line, something that can be espicially in the IW sets.

14 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

I don't agree. I think not only the 30$ set is worth it, but also a great build, great play and display set, and has a good selection of minifigs.I do think there is a decline in the quality and care that is put in to the marvel super heroea line, something that can be espicially in the IW sets.

30 US dollars are around 28€ but somehow that set is 45€ , thats why i say its overpriced

1 hour ago, just_one said:

30 US dollars are around 28€ but somehow that set is 45€ , thats why i say its overpriced

But that's a problem regarding all sets, not just the marvel's ones.

11 hours ago, just_one said:

Thanos... Only 7 out if 20 had leg printing, only one had arm printing and 0 dual molded legs, even for Spidey... 

They'e started revealing merch for Antman and The Wasp, so fingers crossed we'll find out for sure if Lego is doing anything for the movie soon.

16 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

They'e started revealing merch for Antman and The Wasp, so fingers crossed we'll find out for sure if Lego is doing anything for the movie soon.

After seeing the DLC I'm not sure I even want a set :sadnew:

20 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

One retailer exclusive set. We should just wait, but we have seen 3 minifigs, and only Ghost is a great one. Ant-Man is okay because of the opened mouth, and I am not going to even talk about Wasp...

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

One retailer exclusive set. We should just wait, but we have seen 3 minifigs, and only Ghost is a great one. Ant-Man is okay because of the opened mouth, and I am not going to even talk about Wasp...

But is the build any good? What are we looking at? A playset? A vehicle? A building? And what about the price point and release date?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Are you confirming a retail exclusive set for Ant-Man and the Wasp?