Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, I think it looks pretty good considering! :sweet:

Reveal hidden contents

Wasp Official

Could use some leg print, but the helmet looks a lot better there. I still wish she had a new mold but it looks fine. I also like the wings. The plastic wings are completely idiotic and unwieldy, and if they weren’t going to make a new mold this is good enough. 

Accepting “good enough” is kind of sad compared to figs the likes of Green Goblin, Doctor Strange, She Hulk...stop accepting this laziness. 

Granted the actual figure, if we get it, could be better, but I’m not holding my breath. 

5 hours ago, Ultron said:

Accepting “good enough” is kind of sad compared to figs the likes of Green Goblin, Doctor Strange, She Hulk...stop accepting this laziness. 

Granted the actual figure, if we get it, could be better, but I’m not holding my breath. 

Considering Lego is acutally not cheap, we deserve a more accurate figure than this one.

It is annoying when i see some custom minifigure looks much better than the offical Lego one. 

17 minutes ago, WYC said:

Considering Lego is acutally not cheap, we deserve a more accurate figure than this one.

It is annoying when i see some custom minifigure looks much better than the offical Lego one. 

Lego isn’t cheap because of the size of the company, they actually have to design the sets for the licenses they bought, design the minifigs, the boxes, the marketing, everything. Customisers and bootleggers are taking a property they don’t own, a license they don’t own, the cheaply produced figures that are printed in the same style as Lego often come in solo sets with the same little build, in a box with a logo that suspiciously resembles Lego. The amount of work that Lego do that the knockoffs pilfer is staggering, which makes it all a vicious circle of rising costs.

Ghost looks pretty good, but some leg print would be nice. Wasp looks great, but reusing Ironman helmet isn’t the best choice in my opinion. Also no leg prints seem to be new norm for Marvel sets. A big step down from 2016 when we got a lot of higher quality minifigures like 2 Goblins.

Edited by benderisgreat

Come over to Ninjago; we have leg prints, new moulds, printed pieces, and new designs with each wave. Heck we even have wrap around head printing occasionally. Time to jump ship while this one is still sinking. 

Edited by LegoShroom

13 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Come over to Ninjago; we have leg prints, new moulds, printed pieces, and new designs with each wave. Heck we even have wrap around head printing occasionally. Time to jump ship while this one is still sinking. 

Ninjago has all of those things because it doesn’t get a bill from a large company.

10 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Could use some leg print, but the helmet looks a lot better there. I still wish she had a new mold but it looks fine. I also like the wings. The plastic wings are completely idiotic and unwieldy, and if they weren’t going to make a new mold this is good enough. 

My bias comes somewhat from the fact that I only like what printed parts given to us alone themselves, and not for figure as a whole. Personally, I think they look vague enough to be used elsewhere for other sci-fi creations.

2 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

It's also terrible and should've ended several years ago.

26 minutes ago, ood0 said:

The theme you mean, Ninjago?

Another DLC reveal from Mario on IG. One of the few characters revealed in stills for the Infinity War DLC is

Supergiant. We obviously haven’t gotten a minifigure of Supergiant yet.

Everything else: Thanos, the rest of the Black Order, Teen Groot, IW Hulkbuster...we’ve gotten all of them in the initial wave of Infinity War sets.

33 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Another DLC reveal from Mario on IG. One of the few characters revealed in stills for the Infinity War DLC is

Hide contents

Supergiant. We obviously haven’t gotten a minifigure of Supergiant yet.

Everything else: Thanos, the rest of the Black Order, Teen Groot, IW Hulkbuster...we’ve gotten all of them in the initial wave of Infinity War sets.

Supergiant isn't meant to be in the film, its probably just a comic based figure like all the other Ant-Man related ones

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Blasphemy!! 

Edited by LegoShroom

12 minutes ago, SgtKilr said:

Supergiant isn't meant to be in the film, its probably just a comic based figure like all the other Ant-Man related ones

Just surprised that everything else is film-based and definitely in the movie, yet Supergiant is included while other comic-centric characters, say Adam warlock, aren’t in the DLC.

I’m sure I’m reaching here, just wondered what everyone else thought.

24 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Blasphemy!! 

I regret nothing

12 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Just surprised that everything else is film-based and definitely in the movie, yet Supergiant is included while other comic-centric characters, say Adam warlock, aren’t in the DLC.

I’m sure I’m reaching here, just wondered what everyone else thought.

If she is in the movie, which I highly doubt, she'll probably be in a flashback, kidnapping Gamora or something.

8 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I regret nothing

Do you feel that the attention to quality given to the Ninjago theme is why Marvel's has been so lackluster lately?

45 minutes ago, SgtKilr said:

I've seen speculation that Nebula becomes Supergiant. Not sure how plausible that is.

Or as suggested she could just be dead before the events of the movie. I don't have hope we'll ever get her as an actual fig. 

Edited by Ultron

18 hours ago, legovitor1842 said:

Hello can you give me the image of ant man?

You can find it on Mario Power's Instagram or on ProunityGaming over on Youtube.

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Do you feel that the attention to quality given to the Ninjago theme is why Marvel's has been so lackluster lately?

I wouldn't be surprised if they diverted their best minifig designers to that theme. I mostly don't like ninjago because of the show; the characters are unlikable, they don't actually act like ninjas at all, and the plot is dull. 

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

I mostly don't like ninjago because of the show; the characters are unlikable, they don't actually act like ninjas at all, and the plot is dull. 

I'm not really a fan of the theme myself either, not so much for its story (I've never watched the TV show), but for the line's very premise. Yes, the theme has had its share of sets which have caught my eye, but medieval ninjas flying around in modern fighter jets? :wacko:

Although it is very likely that if we do get Antman and the wasp set/ sets we will get the versions shown in the dlc there is still a possibility we will get different and new antman and wasp mini figures.

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm not really a fan of the theme myself either, not so much for its story (I've never watched the TV show), but for the line's very premise. Yes, the theme has had its share of sets which have caught my eye, but medieval ninjas flying around in modern fighter jets? :wacko:

Ugh, it's especially annoying since they keep on releasing new jets and cars and stuff. History is interesting, why don't they pull anything else from it?

We should probably get back on topic.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:36 AM, RedHoodPug said:

Lego isn’t cheap because of the size of the company, they actually have to design the sets for the licenses they bought, design the minifigs, the boxes, the marketing, everything. Customisers and bootleggers are taking a property they don’t own, a license they don’t own, the cheaply produced figures that are printed in the same style as Lego often come in solo sets with the same little build, in a box with a logo that suspiciously resembles Lego. The amount of work that Lego do that the knockoffs pilfer is staggering, which makes it all a vicious circle of rising costs.

Wow, what a sensible, rational line of thought.

You should probably leave.

11 hours ago, ood0 said:

Ugh, it's especially annoying since they keep on releasing new jets and cars and stuff. History is interesting, why don't they pull anything else from it?

We should probably get back on topic.

History is terrible and should've ended years ago.

23 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Wow, what a sensible, rational line of thought.

You should probably leave.

Sorry, didn’t mean to, honest guv. The silliness will resume forthwith!