Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

On 4/2/2018 at 5:30 PM, Scarilian said:

Lego has had several price hikes in the UK

Yes, I imagine just about everything in the UK is becoming more brexpensive.

1 hour ago, BrickSantorum said:

Yes, I imagine just about everything in the UK is becoming more brexpensive.

Meanwhile Theresa May is in a straightjacket in her office screaming "STRONG AND STABLE, STRONG AND STABLE, STRONG AND STABLE!"

For some reason in my city, I cannot find the Sanctum set ANYWHERE, Lego is pushing out all the other sets but that one I am ready to buy it and get the time stone, but seriously I saw it in stock once it was released but that was it.  I do not know if these are just popular or lego is falling behind on production. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I missed this thread!  :classic: 

You have something new for us? haha!

8 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Meanwhile Theresa May is in a straightjacket in her office screaming "STRONG AND STABLE, STRONG AND STABLE, STRONG AND STABLE!"

As Captain Nemo stated, no politics and please stay on topic.

5 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Keep politics out of this thread please...

I think we should hold a referendum on this first, and invest on some virtual buses to travel around the forum delivering lies about keeping politics out of the thread benefitting the NHS.

Surely we should've heard something about the antman set by now, seeing as I would expect a June release date. That is if we are actually getting one. (I really hope so)

46 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Surely we should've heard something about the antman set by now, seeing as I would expect a June release date. That is if we are actually getting one. (I really hope so)

Not necessarily the case. There are certain sets we don’t see about in full detail until the set itself is found in stores. I wouldn’t worry yet 

On 3/26/2018 at 1:57 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This looks so incredible! But 400$...

Well, one could sell off the 3 additional copies of the minifigures to get some of the money back.  Still, yes, it would be pretty expensive to start with.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Not necessarily the case. There are certain sets we don’t see about in full detail until the set itself is found in stores. I wouldn’t worry yet 

Store exclusives?

So the designs were revealed for how antman and the wasp will in their dlc pack for antman and the wasp. This might make a lot of people mad but wasp uses the vulture/Ironman helmet with printing on it. If we do get a set based on the movie, wasp will look like this most likely 

Mariopower revealed a photo of Wasp (Hope Van Dyne) in the Ant Man and the Wasp LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 DLC, and (which I know so many people will hate), she has the ANAD Iron Man/Vulture helmet. Technically this is not confirmation of this helmet appearing on a potential Wasp figure, but I really hope LEGO makes a new mold

Edited by Quicksilver838

Don’t know if it can be shared here, but a leaked achievement icon(?) from Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 shows the designs of Ant-Man and The Wasp from Ant-Man and The Wasp. Wasp ruses the new Iron Man helmet mold, which doesn’t look too bad but is slightly disappointing.

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Mariopower revealed a photo of Wasp (Hope Van Dyne) in the Ant Man and the Wasp LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 DLC, and (which I know so many people will hate), she has the ANAD Iron Man/Vulture helmet. Technically this is not confirmation of this helmet appearing on a potential Wasp figure, but I really hope LEGO makes a new mold

If there is a set, there is a pretty decent chance this is what wasp will look like. Lego probably would have included the new mold if it was coming in the possible set

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If there is a set, there is a pretty decent chance this is what wasp will look like. Lego probably would have included the new mold if it was coming in the possible set

I definitely agree with you, if this Wasp only appeared in game, they could easily make a new helmet for her. The only thing that would disappoint me in a physical figure is unlike the previous Ant Man and Yellowjacket, she would not have a level of translucency

Also it appears she uses the CMF Fairy wings in blue

51 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Ah yes once again Lego decides to put zero effort into Marvel figs. At least her torso looks nice

Zero effort into Marvel figs? The Marvel minifigures are some of the best minifigures Lego has ever made. Most/many of them are intricately detailed, and actually Star Wars fans complain that the minifigs from that theme don't get that level of detail. I share your disappointment with this helmet design, but I'd argue saying that they often put zero effort into Marvel minifigs is an overstatement.

But yeah, if this is the final design, that is disappointing. It makes me wonder if it has anything to do with Lego cutting down on costs. It's a shame.

58 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Ah yes once again Lego decides to put zero effort into Marvel figs. At least her torso looks nice

At this point, I'm not gonna argue about whatever helmet they use.  All I'm concerned with is getting another Ant-Man set.  Hopefully they include a micro Wasp figure, though.  We didn't see one for Ant-Man until Civil War, so I'm somewhat nervous.

You can compare wasps helmet to thanos from infinity war. The design for the helmet isn’t wrong and it looks fine but like thanos lego has a chance to go above and beyond for this figure and they didn’t take it

Hey, I think it cuts the mustard, but I must admit, it surprisingly went with some rather lighter hued color choices compaired to what is actually seen cinematically. If this does turn out to be an official, physical figure, at least both the helmet and torso look to make for some great repurposing material. Particularly, the Gold, Dark Red, and Earth Blue is nice color combination for a generic Sci-Fi torso design.

If our first Wasp fig ends up being that piece of hot garbage I will scream

They could've just reused the Antman helmet mold with trans yellow replacing the trans red. Would still be inaccurate but much better than the Iron Man helmet.

If we get a Wasp figure with that dumb Iron Man helmet I’m going to be disappointed. Not all helmeted characters need to use that mold! It’s just going to add insult to injury if Ant-Man’s helmet is the old open mouth one too. They’re also probably not going to make a Ghost minifigure, so I’m not sure how good this hypothetical set is going to be.