Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Recently finished my rewatch of MCU movies... then it occured to me, there were so many cool structures in Thor that never got made into sets, like the Bifrost or the flying boats. I hope they get released someday, but given the events of Thor:Ragnarok, they probably won't be....

I would love to see that -- not only with Thor, but many of the pre-Phase 2 MCU films that didn't get Lego sets. A Captain America: The First Avenger set would be fantastic!

Edited by The_Chosen_1

With Marvel really pushing the “First 10 Years” concept, as evident by their books and Hasbro’s Marvel Studios series, I wonder if Lego will do anything similar.  

21 hours ago, FortNerd said:

Recently finished my rewatch of MCU movies... then it occured to me, there were so many cool structures in Thor that never got made into sets, like the Bifrost or the flying boats. I hope they get released someday, but given the events of Thor:Ragnarok, they probably won't be....

I agree! I agree so much I discussed it here;

I know this isn't for ideas or wishes for thing but this topic is more active I notice, Anyone remember those Star Wars planet sets from a while ago? I was thinking how cool it would be if we got those for Marvel they could do Ego and Dormammu like that and include their more human form as well, knowhere would be neat as well. Xandar could include Nova Prime and so on. Seeing as how the MCU is leaning more towards a cosmic side in Phase 4 it would be a neat idea to be explored 

16 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

I know this isn't for ideas or wishes for thing but this topic is more active I notice, Anyone remember those Star Wars planet sets from a while ago? I was thinking how cool it would be if we got those for Marvel they could do Ego and Dormammu like that and include their more human form as well, knowhere would be neat as well. Xandar could include Nova Prime and so on. Seeing as how the MCU is leaning more towards a cosmic side in Phase 4 it would be a neat idea to be explored 

Please refrain from posting in the wrong topic, just because it's more active.

I got yesterday all of the IW sets. Really, i'm so excited. already built the thanos ultimate battle set and the thor's weapon quest. looks great together. The new ship is majestic with it's large wing span. I like the build of the escape pod as well, very elegant, although smaller than I thought it would be. again, together the two sets look so good, it just flows so naturally. The minifigs are fine. groot is good - his head is good, but he should have had printing on the legs. rocket is a repeat, that's fine, except from the face, he could have had a new expression. same goes for star lord and thor (that goddamn eyepatch), they could have had a new face. especially for star lord - because they have a perfect face in the Jurassic world sets. gamora is great, They could gave her a new face, but it's fine that way. Iron man is perfect, and thanos is disappointing. for the main villain of the movie, who has been hyped for years, I expected something amazing. I even think that the thanos set should have had one more minifig. Drax, maybe. 

All together great builds, could have been better minifigs. 

Just got Sanctum Sanctorum and it’s amazing. Even themough the minifigure count is on the light side, everyone include looks phenomenal. Spidey looks crisp and even though I’m more a fan of the classic red/blue, the new suit is one of my favorites. The back harness is going to work so much better on Venom and Doc Oct. Iron Man is even a nice bonus, because I don’t have one that has the screen printing over the face. I’m not super sold on Dr. Strange’s hair, but that probably my only compliant. Cull Obsidium and Ebony Maw both look incredible. 

The biggest bonus for me is all the extra bits. I’m really glad Lego packed four copies of the infinity gem in this set and two bags (one orange and one blue) of the magic/powers effects. There’s so many but types to really add to action scene MOCs and display. 

Overall, I was already going to get all the IW sets, but this first one really drives home how “all out” this line feels. 

I dont feel like these sets are going 'all out'. Lego seems to have dropped the quality for the Guardians ship. This is something i would expect to see from a cheap knock-off, not Lego.

PvxbuYe.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

14 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I dont feel like these sets are going 'all out'. Lego seems to have dropped the quality for the Guardians ship. This is something i would expect to see from a cheap knock-off, not Lego.

Why? I don't see anything bad with it.

So for UK LEGO fans, 'Debenhams' has the entire Infinity War line at 10% off each, don't know how long for but it's there now.

Also, I don't know if many people have noticed this but:

For USA, all 6 sets together costs $274 (roughly)

For UK, all 6 sets together costs £255 (roughly)

But if you manage to buy them from the USA for the UK, the 6 sets cost £199 (roughly)

The price conversion is messed up. We have to spend an extra £50.

56 minutes ago, Nova - The Human Rocket said:

So for UK LEGO fans, 'Debenhams' has the entire Infinity War line at 10% off each, don't know how long for but it's there now.

Also, I don't know if many people have noticed this but:

For USA, all 6 sets together costs $274 (roughly)

For UK, all 6 sets together costs £255 (roughly)

But if you manage to buy them from the USA for the UK, the 6 sets cost £199 (roughly)

The price conversion is messed up. We have to spend an extra £50.

Taxes aren't included in U.S. pricing.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why? I don't see anything bad with it.

It is translucent...

You shouldn't be able to hold up Lego and see through it because Lego is made in a way that normally results in solid plastic piece, even air bubbles are meant to be removed as part of Lego's quality control. As demonstrated in the image i posted, the bright orange they have decided to skimp on the quality, reducing the amount of plastic. This weakens the quality of the piece meaning it will break quicker and enabling it to bend easily. It's a technique used by some Lego knock-off's in order to manufacture pieces for cheaper when quality is not the focus - Lego using the technique themselves is a sign that quality was not the focus with that set.

1 hour ago, BrickSantorum said:

Taxes aren't included in U.S. pricing.

Lego has had several price hikes in the UK

The fact that it’s April and we still don’t have any solid rumors about an Ant-Man set (that would most likely release in June like the Homecoming sets) is concerning, to say the least.

18 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Lego using the technique themselves is a sign that quality was not the focus with that set.

I just checked with some other orange plates I have and they all have the same issue (some of those pieces are over 5 years old). This clearly isn’t a recent issue and definitely isn’t specific to that set.

1 hour ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

The fact that it’s April and we still don’t have any solid rumors about an Ant-Man set (that would most likely release in June like the Homecoming sets) is concerning, to say the least.

I would not be concered about that  

On 02/04/2018 at 7:17 PM, Scarilian said:

PvxbuYe.jpg

I don't see what problem that picture's supposed to be highlighting.

It highlights that bright light shows through the piece, unlike the one next to it. It does that with most other light colors as well such as, Lime Green, Yellow and Tan, certainly not a "new" thing though. I have noticed this before but really didn't think it would be an issue, unless you are trying to block bright light with a single thickness of plate. 

Edit; 

You do realize the piece still has the same thickness and amount of plastic as one of a darker color, right. So it should be just as durable, in theory anyway. If the light did not shine through it like that, the color would have to be much darker, I would think anyway. 

Edited by Johnny1360
Added some stuff