Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

6 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Looks really accurate, hair on the other hand.....

Easy fix, Princess Leia hair piece. 

14 hours ago, ood0 said:

Nah, that torso is absolutely horrendous. It can't fully close with a figure inside, the play function is totally unnecessary, the shoulders are too wide, there's a noticeable gap between the torso and the arm, and the lower torso seems too thin. I like the Hulkbuster's legs and arms, that's it. The side cannon is fine, it's better than the AoU side build. Falcon's wings are crap, I have no idea why they didn't just give him ball joints like I'm doing with the custom wings I'm making for him.

See I really like the torso, but I do think the bit at the back that makes the arm move is pointless. I think it does close properly with the figure inside, the figure actually stops the chest from closing up too much. I do agree about the gap between the torso and arms, I think they could've easily closed that up. And totally agree with Falcon's wings. I think they should've stuck to the CW version

14 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

The Thanos fig does look better mow than in the prelims(doesn't every thing?) but something still seems off with his face printing.

Sorry to go off topic but I can tell you, in the top right-hand corner it says your user name, click it, then select account settings, you can edit it from there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Looks really accurate, hair on the other hand.....

I agree the hair leaves a bit to be desired.

The Hulkbuster can easily be modified to remove the arm smash function, with nothing more than the included parts required

Just finished building 76102 Thor's Weapon Quest. Couldn't help but notice, there are 3 exposed pins left sticking out in the back, like there is something else for it to connect to or attach to it. Nothing in the instructions or on the box art, which conveniently never shows the back side, to indicate what they are for. 

Anyone know what these are for? Actually the build looks better if you just remove this whole sub assembly. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Just finished building 76102 Thor's Weapon Quest. Couldn't help but notice, there are 3 exposed pins left sticking out in the back, like there is something else for it to connect to or attach to it. Nothing in the instructions or on the box art, which conveniently never shows the back side, to indicate what they are for. 

Anyone know what these are for? Actually the build looks better if you just remove this whole sub assembly. 

It connects to the ship in the Thanos: Ultimate Battle 76107 set.

32 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

26 minutes ago, Rune Haako said:

It connects to the ship in the Thanos: Ultimate Battle 76107 set.

Yes, this is one of the best features from the entire wave.

It became known that there will be a groot and rocket brickheadz in august.

Given that the first wave of brickheadz is available a month after the regular wave, I think it's safe to assume that the exlusive set will realese in july.

40 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Given that the first wave of brickheadz is available a month after the regular wave, I think it's safe to assume that the exlusive set will realese in july.

It’s probably an August release as well, since superhero sets (to the best of my knowledge) have always been June or August releases, and June is likely too close to Infinity War’s release date for a set that contains spoilers. 

6 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Escape pod is a really weird build itself, but it connects to Benatar, and then it looks so incredible.

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s probably an August release as well, since superhero sets (to the best of my knowledge) have always been June or August releases, and June is likely too close to Infinity War’s release date for a set that contains spoilers. 

Yeah, we would have gotten information by now if it was released on june.

1 hour ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

I wouldn’t say that is entirely true. There are for sure sets coming in June we haven’t heard about yet. This is a set Lego is going to keep very secretive until it’s released

Can someone quickly summarize which IW minifigs are repeats from previous sets? I think I have some of them identified, but I'm not sure.

1. All Outriders in all sets are identical

2. Rocket in 76102 is the same as in 76079

3. Vision in 76103 is the same as in 76047

4. Black Panther in 76103 is the same as in 76100

5. Banner in 76104 is the same as in 76084

6. Are any parts on Falcon in 76104 reused from 76050?

7. Are any parts on Star-Lord or Gamora in 76107 reused from 76081?

8. Are any parts on Doctor Strange in 76108 reused from 76060?

9. Are Iron Man from 76107 and 76108 identical except for the neckpiece and attachments?

Thanks in advance

38 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

3. Vision in 76103 is the same as in 76047

76067, not 76047.

33 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

6. Are any parts on Falcon in 76104 reused from 76050?

The hair, the hands.

35 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

7. Are any parts on Star-Lord or Gamora in 76107 reused from 76081?

Star-Lord is identical, minus the jetpack. Gamora has the same head and hair.

38 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

8. Are any parts on Doctor Strange in 76108 reused from 76060?

They're identical, except for the hair and cape.

40 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

9. Are Iron Man from 76107 and 76108 identical except for the neckpiece and attachments?

Yes.

23 hours ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

We haven't heard information about Ant-Man and The Wasp sets.

5 hours ago, ood0 said:

76067, not 76047.

Star-Lord is identical, minus the jetpack. Gamora has the same head and hair.

They're identical, except for the hair and cape.

Yes.

Thanks! 76047/76067 was a typo. I now realize Star-Lord is from 76080 and not 76081 too.

4 hours ago, YoshiBlockr said:

Anyone done a MOC with the Sanctum yet?

Just came across this on Hellobricks:

LEGO 76108 Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown Modular

I don't know exactly what it says in the text, but I like that the Sanctum can be incorporated with the other modulars like this.

Wow, that incorporates a lot better (and what looks to be a lot easier) than I expected. Thanks for the share, @TAFOL!

On 3/10/2018 at 3:17 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We haven't heard information about Ant-Man and The Wasp sets.

Ahaha, I'm pretty certain that that's because there will not be any Ant Man & Wasp sets.

On 3/9/2018 at 12:23 PM, ItamatTheGreat said:

What? There are Brickheadz releasing every month for the rest of the year, except for June and September.

Edited by Azani

4 hours ago, Azani said:

Ahaha, I'm pretty certain that that's because there will not be any Ant Man & Wasp sets.

What? There are Brickheadz releasing every month for the rest of the year, except for June and September.

@SpiderJazz hinted that there would be an Ant-Man set a while ago on the Future Marvel thread and said he thinks it will be a retailer exclusive. I’m not sure if you have different sources or know something he doesn’t, but if it’s a retailer exclusive I’m not surprised that we haven’t heard anything about it yet. 

7 hours ago, Azani said:

Wow seriously? That's a big disappointment. I guess we'll just have to wait until next year's Avengers 4 sets.