Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

21 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

I got the B&W print, the color one, the Ninjago pod, the mini Guardians ship, and the Year of the dog set 40235 for free with my purchase

Interesting, Year of the Dog must’ve been a lucky overlap. I believe it ended at midnight on February 28. 

First set I ordered from the Lego Shop.  Don't know how long it will take to receive with the free shipping option; however, I'm super excited to receive this.  I hope the box arrives in good condition too, unlike my luck with LEGO sets from Amazon.

13 hours ago, IllustriousVar said:

I received the ship, a ninjago dojo pod (Zane), as well as both a colored and uncolored art print with my purchase.

13 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

@legoSDR To answer you’re wuestion I received a Ninjago Kendo Zane Battle Pod in addition to the two Marvel promos. 

I’d like to point out to you guys a pleasant surprise I found while building 76104: the return of The One Ring!

Question to you two on top. Did either of you order online? If so was the blank version pictured as well as the others? I'm assuming it was but part of me is holding onto hope that I might receive it as a surprise. I'm not too fussed about it but it would be cool

12 hours ago, Scarilian said:

The three promotions it showed me were the black & white art print, the coloured art print and the Guardians Spaceship. The black & white art print was limited to the first 13,000 customers, and i expect the system likely automatically removed it as an option after the limit was reached.

Yeah I'm afraid that's what's probably happened. Oh well

Does anyone know why 76108 Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown is so ridiculously overpriced in the Australian shop? It's 99 USD, which equates to 129 AUD. But it's listed as 169 AUD. Why the $40 price hike?

I hope this doesn't carry over to the retailers (who usually have it cheaper), because this could put a major hole in my plans to put the Sanctum in my village. But I've noticed a trend; my local shops have been getting everything in EXCEPT the Sanctum. Is there a reason for this too? Is it just so popular that Lego doesn't have enough to put on shelves? Because I'm pretty sure it isn't an exclusive. 

2 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

@legoSDR Yes, I ordered mine online early Saturday morning.

Thanks. On a side note, do you know what's going to happen with the Groot keychain in the UK?

51 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Thanks. On a side note, do you know what's going to happen with the Groot keychain in the UK?

I do not.

@Feng-huang0296 The supply of 76108 seems to be a problem everywhere. Shop@Home has it on backorder now, and my local Walmarts received no more than two copies each. Target received nothing but 76103 and 76104.

4 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

I do not.

@Feng-huang0296 The supply of 76108 seems to be a problem everywhere. Shop@Home has it on backorder now, and my local Walmarts received no more than two copies each. Target received nothing but 76103 and 76104.

At least your walmart carrys big sets..

14 hours ago, bricks360 said:

First set I ordered from the Lego Shop.  Don't know how long it will take to receive with the free shipping option; however, I'm super excited to receive this.  I hope the box arrives in good condition too, unlike my luck with LEGO sets from Amazon.

Depends where you live. If you live in Europe, it takes usually 3-5 days.

27 minutes ago, Cyclone_37 said:

Has anyone's modified the ucs hulkbuster to have more leg articulation, at least so they move back and forth

I would like to know this as well and if so perhaps we can open a seperate Hulkbuster MOD thread where everybody can post their mods without have to read through all the other news. 

21 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

I would like to know this as well and if so perhaps we can open a seperate Hulkbuster MOD thread where everybody can post their mods without have to read through all the other news. 

Yes, I would like that.

I don’t know if this has been pointed out but the keychain teenage groot torso is different than the original teenage groot...the keychain is more detailed 

Has anyone had a problem with pieces in these sets? I’m on bag 4 of the Sanctum Sanctorum and I’ve come across one mangled 2x2 inverted slope brick and a missing 1x4 brick, both in light bluish gray. My Star-Lord’s head was also misprinted. 

43 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t know if this has been pointed out but the keychain teenage groot torso is different than the original teenage groot...the keychain is more detailed 

I just saw a review on it with the figs side by side on Candidbricks.com and they look the same to me.

2 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I just saw a review on it with the figs side by side on Candidbricks.com and they look the same to me.

You really have to look at it but there is more tree details in the key chain 

North America will apparently have double VIP points from March 16th to 31st according to a Reddit user claiming to be an employee also another here. Unsure if this will be elsewhere also - but just a heads-up encase it is accurate.

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Has anyone had a problem with pieces in these sets? I’m on bag 4 of the Sanctum Sanctorum and I’ve come across one mangled 2x2 inverted slope brick and a missing 1x4 brick, both in light bluish gray. My Star-Lord’s head was also misprinted. 

That is unfortunate. I've seen a few reviews where the figures have looked slightly off, but not sure if it is due to a misprint. Hopefully this is not a widespread issue.

Edited by Scarilian

Out of the 3 Sets I have the only printing issue I found was Falcon’s face was a little too far down, making his forehead massive. Just gonna ask Lego for a replacement 

3 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

So is there still a rumored 7th Infinity War set?  Or did that turn out to be the Hulkbuster?

I think the rumored set is still in the air. It definitely wasn't the Hulkbuster but we're still not certain there will be one. I'm hoping there will and I believe there will. Makes sense to give us a spoiler set after the movie's release, like with Civil War.

11 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

This would be good. Could someone let me know if one opens up? I'm still new to the site and trying to get used to everything

9 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I thought I had missing parts but it was just me being stupid. Had no damaged pieces but Rocket's head was misprinted in my set

7 hours ago, legoSDR said:

I think the rumored set is still in the air. It definitely wasn't the Hulkbuster but we're still not certain there will be one. I'm hoping there will and I believe there will. Makes sense to give us a spoiler set after the movie's release, like with Civil War.

This would be good. Could someone let me know if one opens up? I'm still new to the site and trying to get used to everything

I thought I had missing parts but it was just me being stupid. Had no damaged pieces but Rocket's head was misprinted in my set

Sure, I opened one here: 

19 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

You really have to look at it but there is more tree details in the key chain 

I see that the lines are darker on the keychain. Imo it looks better than the figure. Still disappointing

Got 3 IW sets today: Outrider attack, Thor’s weapon, Hulkbuster and so far so good. Minifigures are pretty good, but lack of leg prints is very annoying. New Hulkbuster is impressive to say the least liked the build a lot , and I didn’t expect much from it. Milano pod is ok, but lacks some interior details like console prints or stickers. Dropship looks good for a scaled down version ships from the trailers. 

Edited by benderisgreat