Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Someone commented on one of mariopower’s Instagram pictures and said that the 7th set may feature a bigfig. His brother apparently works in a Lego store and has seen the size of the box (blacked out) and said that it’s more expensive than it should be. Hopefully that means we get a proper Thanos!

Probably hulk.

35 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Maybe so... But only the Guardian Ship should have the Gauntlet. Should another Thanos appear, no way another gauntlet will appear too

That's probably true

40 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Maybe so... But only the Guardian Ship should have the Gauntlet. Should another Thanos appear, no way another gauntlet will appear too

I'm still holding on to hope that we're gonna get Thanos' ship with a bald Thanos. Some people are saying that the unconfirmed set is something related to Wakanda because of the pegs on the wall set with Shuri. But I think the pegs are just so that you can buy more than one and make a huge wall, similar to Helm's Deep/Mirkwood Elf Army

33 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

That's probably true

I'm still holding on to hope that we're gonna get Thanos' ship with a bald Thanos. Some people are saying that the unconfirmed set is something related to Wakanda because of the pegs on the wall set with Shuri. But I think the pegs are just so that you can buy more than one and make a huge wall, similar to Helm's Deep/Mirkwood Elf Army

Since bald Thanos shows up in Wakanda in the trailer, it's entirely possible that we could get a Wakanda set with him in it.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I thought so too, but:

1) Why would Thanos have no armor if he didn’t have the Gauntlet?

2) A second Gauntlet would be much appreciated, given the inclusion of four stones in each set.

1 hour ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Probably hulk.

Makes plenty of sense.

56 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

That's probably true

I agree. I thought there was only a pin on one side of the wall which is why everyone was excited about an add on but there’s a technic hole on the opposite side so it seems like duplicate sets are just meant to be connected to each other. 

20 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Since bald Thanos shows up in Wakanda in the trailer, it's entirely possible that we could get a Wakanda set with him in it.

Where does Thanos enter Wakanda? Proxima Midnight and the Outriders are definitely there and were seen in the trailer, but Thanos was only shown on the unidentified red planet where he fights the Guardians, Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man. 

Keychain Groot appears to be US only for the moment - chances other locations could get it at a later date.

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Someone commented on one of mariopower’s Instagram pictures and said that the 7th set may feature a bigfig. His brother apparently works in a Lego store and has seen the size of the box (blacked out) and said that it’s more expensive than it should be. Hopefully that means we get a proper Thanos!

I'm leaning towards Hulk. Though expensive set does not necessarily mean a bigfig. We have quite a few figures missing so i could easily see the set being more expensive due to including a lot of figures.

5 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Keychain Groot appears to be US only for the moment - chances other locations could get it at a later date.

Is the US still getting The Gaurdians’ Ship polybag? I’m not particularly interested in either, but I’d rather have that than Groot, or in addition to.

Edited by Aegis2000

1 minute ago, Aegis2000 said:

Is the US still getting The Gaurdians’ Ship polybag? I’m not particularly interested in either, but I’d rather have that than Groot, or in addition to.

I think the US are getting the other three promotions also - though the other three promotions only last the weekend. I expect a similar scenario to what i mentioned before; We get offers during the weekend and then additional offers throughout the month. The keychain for instance appears to be the 3rd - 15th March. Perhaps other areas of the world will have a different promotion, but i dont think the 'Unite the Universe' is just going to be a weekend only thing.

Pics of the Groot keychain have surfaced. Its WAY more aggressive looking.

Part of the charm of the keychains is you can take off the chain with a flame and change the hair or helmet piece to have a real figure. This just sucks.

9 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Pics of the Groot keychain have surfaced. Its WAY more aggressive looking.

Part of the charm of the keychains is you can take off the chain with a flame and change the hair or helmet piece to have a real figure. This just sucks.

Where did u see it

31 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Where did u see it

It’s on ninja_whip’s Instagram story and mario just posted it. The face looks awesome and great but the fact that it’s a keychain is extremely disappointing. I wish it was just a regular figure polybag. They need to stop making exclusive figures on keychains. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The face looks awesome and great but the fact that it’s a keychain is extremely disappointing.

Yeah it does! This is terribly upsetting. 

His face reminds me of Baby Groot’s during the breakout scene in Vol. 2

9 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Where does Thanos enter Wakanda? Proxima Midnight and the Outriders are definitely there and were seen in the trailer, but Thanos was only shown on the unidentified red planet where he fights the Guardians, Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man. 

Never mind, misremembered this as being Wakanda.5a98975f09bcc_Screenshot_20180302-000810-min-min(1).thumb.jpg.ff38e75065c3b2bb56908da557cde883.jpg

Groot keychain is boring. Barely any new printing, plus it's a keychain. 

On 2/22/2018 at 1:32 PM, ReZourceman said:

Prices sound superb!!
Dropship £12
Thors Weapon £20
Wakanda Wall £30
Hulkbuster (think she said £30 but I'm not 100% certain)
Thanos Battle £70
Sanctum £90

UK prices are now out;

Outrider Dropship Attack; £11.99
Thor's Weapon Quest; £19.99
The Hulkbuster Smash-up; £29.99
Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack; £34.99
Thanos Ultimate Battle; £69.99
Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown; £89.99

Unsure why Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack is now £4.99 more expensive, but that's enough to relegate the purchase to 'waiting for double VIP' also.

On 2/28/2018 at 8:16 PM, Aegis2000 said:

I checked again this morning. Unfortunately only 76103 is the only set still available.

I have no idea. It’s obviously in high demand, I’m sorry.

@namioik You’re welcome, I’m happy to share the savings! I know that was to be my first buy so I could open the sets and enjoy collecting the Infinity Stones in the Gauntlet.

Good news, they have a new 20% code up on Google Express if it's your first order. Expires on the 9th, so it can be used on these sets when they come out.

Also they've got a referral thing going too? This code might give you another $10 off? https://express.google.com/invite/P73H3Q45H

(mods, let me know if this is scammy? If you think it's fairer I'd be willing to set up a chain so we can spread the referral bonus out more evenly)

Edited by HyperOnion

Just so everyone knows, Outrider drop ship, Thor's Weapon and The Hulkbuster sets are out in sainsburys, I picked up the Outrider and Hulkbuster sets, can't wait to build them ?

Why new Groot is a keychain? Why they do minifigures that are only keychains? It is really annoying.

I hope the 7th set really includes Thanos.

I don't know if this is in the right place, but I was wondering if the quinjet cockpit stickers on 76032 (AOU Quinjet City Chase) and 76051 (CW Airport Battle) were clear-backed? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Edited by TheBrickLord

56 minutes ago, TheBrickLord said:

I don't know if this is in the right place, but I was wondering if the quinjet cockpit stickers on 76032 (AOU Quinjet City Chase) and 76051 (CW Airport Battle) were clear-backed? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Yeah, they were. Cockpit stickers are always clear backed or have a cutout, and the Quinjet details were too large for a cutout. 

Just ordered the Hulkbuster; Ultron Edition. Used VIP points to drop it to £74.99 - still qualified for the three promotions. Looking forward to modifying it :)

Will wait for other promotions for the other sets - in no rush :P

Edited by Scarilian

So, just to recap, the Groot polybag has no release date in the UK as of yet, right?

Thanos' Sword confirmed;

DXUtKdcWAAA2wZL.jpg

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

So, just to recap, the Groot polybag has no release date in the UK as of yet, right?

Groot Polybag is a keychain, it has no UK release date as of yet so we may get it as an exclusive later. At the moment UK only gets the two art prints and the Guardians Ship polybag

Edited by Scarilian

11 minutes ago, mrcngrck said:

I hope to see a lots of modified ucs hulkbusters on the web

Here's a sneak-peak of what I'm doing to the UCS Hulkbuster;

z0Gk7vw.png
Is a bit of an old version, probably a week or so - which does not sound like much, but it's under constant redesign. This version was not structurally sound to work as a IRL figure, so had to rework most the chest. Still not fond of the shoulders but the key aspect was adding the articulation along with adding the light blocks to the hands and ensuring that it could function in a skeletal state, something i've finally managed to achieve today. So now i'm focusing on trying to improve the visuals :)

@Scarilian I definitely like your idea of broadening those shoulder blades/pads, that’s a must.

I just ordered the Sanctum from Shop@Home and received the Kendo Zane training pod, The Guardians’ Ship polybag, and the color artwork print. 

No Groot keychain.