Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, StarLord said:

Hey thanks!

Really sold me on that.

Does anyone knows if this hair piece is real of just videogame made?

My next goal is to make the killmonger fig more accurate. I tried to find it on brink link hairs but some of them are so lookalike that I dont know if i missed it

A physical version of that hairpiece does not exist. 

I recommend using Falcon's (IW) head for his face.

The promotions suck, bar the mediocre "Guardians Ship". I hope Lego isn't as lazy with the Avengers 4 sets and promotions (or the rumoured Ant-Man set).

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

A physical version of that hairpiece does not exist. 

I recommend using Falcon's (IW) head for his face.

The promotions suck, bar the mediocre "Guardians Ship". I hope Lego isn't as lazy with the Avengers 4 sets and promotions (or the rumoured Ant-Man set).

What are the rumors for Antman?

2 hours ago, HyperOnion said:

Just got a Lego Store email where they're calling it UNITE THE UNIVERSE, which is a pretty grand name for such a bland promotion. Would hope there's more to it then art prints and a mini build, but even the rumored minifig polybag is super underwhelming...

I imagine, if anything, Unite the Universe is probably a Marvel marketing thing, not specific to Lego.

32 minutes ago, Alberto Brick said:

The official release date of the new sets be tomorrow? Or 3, like the Hulkbuster? ?

The belief is that everything is out on the 3rd.

1 hour ago, Chill said:

What are the rumors for Antman?

The only rumor is that we may get a set/sets. We've heard nothing.

29 minutes ago, scoiltreasa said:

Brickset has listed the groot polybag as a key chain. 

https://brickset.com/sets/5005244-1/Teen-Groot

Presumably similar to kiss kiss batman and sensei wu key chain polybags. 

Welp, disappointment after disappointment xD

35 minutes ago, Alberto Brick said:

The official release date of the new sets be tomorrow? Or 3, like the Hulkbuster? ?

They’re all coming out on March 3rd. 

37 minutes ago, scoiltreasa said:

Brickset has listed the groot polybag as a key chain. 

https://brickset.com/sets/5005244-1/Teen-Groot

Presumably similar to kiss kiss batman and sensei wu key chain polybags. 

That’s infuriating, especially if it has a new expression. Sensei worked fine because there was nothing exclusive about him but is annoying to get an exclusive Batman suit as only a keychain. 

31 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Will amazon have the IW sets on the 3rd immediately?

Very possibly. They had the Black Panther sets for pre-order in December. 

As a major toy competitor to ToysRUs and Target, I can’t see them passing it up.

8 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Hmm, the one I used and distributed was GOSHOP20

Either one works, I’m sure. I wasn’t aware of the front page offer!

Thank you for sharing about the google express deal though. I immediately hopped on it. Mathematically speaking, I got 36% off retail for the Guardians ship :) Not bad for an initial release

9 minutes ago, namioik said:

Thank you for sharing about the google express deal though. I immediately hopped on it. Mathematically speaking, I got 36% off retail for the Guardians ship :) Not bad for an initial release

I went on to pick up the Guardian’s Ship and it was sold out. Is it possible more will be in stock before the promo ends?

13 minutes ago, namioik said:

Where did you find them at? I can only find the Thresher attack set.

22 minutes ago, PickleManDan said:

Where did you find them at? I can only find the Thresher attack set.

I checked again this morning. Unfortunately only 76103 is the only set still available.

27 minutes ago, AmericaLego said:

I went on to pick up the Guardian’s Ship and it was sold out. Is it possible more will be in stock before the promo ends?

I have no idea. It’s obviously in high demand, I’m sorry.

@namioik You’re welcome, I’m happy to share the savings! I know that was to be my first buy so I could open the sets and enjoy collecting the Infinity Stones in the Gauntlet.

Edited by Aegis2000

1 hour ago, AmericaLego said:

Not looking good lol but check your local Walmart(s), the 20% off retail is still going on I believe

Update: some sellers on ebay have the IW sets for a semi reasonable price up for preorder, if you order before tomorrow, they will ship them tomorrow. I just got a good deal for the hulkbuster smash up set (I paid $32)

A new march calander popped up on instagram. There's a mention for the infinity war sets (with no minifigures from the actual sets though) and the teen groot keychain. Really weird. I don't know what they're doing with the infinity war wave.

Someone commented on one of mariopower’s Instagram pictures and said that the 7th set may feature a bigfig. His brother apparently works in a Lego store and has seen the size of the box (blacked out) and said that it’s more expensive than it should be. Hopefully that means we get a proper Thanos!

43 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

A new march calander popped up on instagram. There's a mention for the infinity war sets (with no minifigures from the actual sets though) and the teen groot keychain. Really weird. I don't know what they're doing with the infinity war wave.

where can i see the new calendar?

4 minutes ago, just_one said:

where can i see the new calendar?

Mario

I love how the minifigures shown include AoU Hulk and Hawkeye, characters we aren’t even getting in this wave. No mention of the Guardians’ Shio polybag though, just “exclusive offers.”

5 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Mario

I love how the minifigures shown include AoU Hulk and Hawkeye, characters we aren’t even getting in this wave. No mention of the Guardians’ Shio polybag though, just “exclusive offers.”

im just hoping for double points since they changed the calendar...

12 minutes ago, just_one said:

im just hoping for double points since they changed the calendar...

No double points, sadly. I don’t understand why they put out two separate March calendars and why they’re trying to be so secretive about everything they’re doing for Infinity War. 

41 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Someone commented on one of mariopower’s Instagram pictures and said that the 7th set may feature a bigfig. His brother apparently works in a Lego store and has seen the size of the box (blacked out) and said that it’s more expensive than it should be. Hopefully that means we get a proper Thanos!

I saw those comments too... I would believe thoughts. Unless the set is more expensive then the guardians ship we won’t be getting a new thanos. Lego is a business and it would be a bad business decision for Lego to release a another thanos in a cheaper set. Most people would end up buying the cheaper set and it wouldnt help legos profits

26 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I saw those comments too... I would believe thoughts. Unless the set is more expensive then the guardians ship we won’t be getting a new thanos. Lego is a business and it would be a bad business decision for Lego to release a another thanos in a cheaper set. Most people would end up buying the cheaper set and it wouldnt help legos profits

Maybe so... But only the Guardian Ship should have the Gauntlet. Should another Thanos appear, no way another gauntlet will appear too