Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

27 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

After the first wave of sets were revealed i was interested to see that the Vision mini figure had the same face as the 2016 tanker truck takedown set. A while ago i saw a leaked image of a Vision mini figure with his teeth visible as if he was nervous (you know that classic nervous lego mouth they use)

So i think there would be more sets coming later in the year when all the spoiler dust has settled, just like when the tanker truck set was released way after captain america civil war.

It could be called "Captain America's big reveal" ;)

The vision that you saw is fake

3 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

After the first wave of sets were revealed i was interested to see that the Vision mini figure had the same face as the 2016 tanker truck takedown set. A while ago i saw a leaked image of a Vision mini figure with his teeth visible as if he was nervous (you know that classic nervous lego mouth they use)

So i think there would be more sets coming later in the year when all the spoiler dust has settled, just like when the tanker truck set was released way after captain america civil war.

It could be called "Captain America's big reveal" ;)

I think that was confirmed to be fake. 

8 hours ago, StarLord said:

Hello, new to the forum but long time lurker. Great place you guys have here.

I have a request, does anyway who has both Black Panther civil war version and Royal Talon minifigs can put the head piece on the Royal Talon one and post or send me a picture? 
I'm thinking of updating my colletion if that combination works.

I added that headpiece and Zod’s legs to both of the new figures, and they look great. It looks much better than I expected even though the printing doesn’t line up perfectly.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think that was confirmed to be fake. 

I added that headpiece and Zod’s legs to both of the new figures, and they look great. It looks much better than I expected even though the printing doesn’t line up perfectly.

Can you upload or send me a picture please? I'm very curious 

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

@GoldenNinja3000 Walmart via Google Express. They’re 20% off respectively, plus another 20% off your order until March 2 (I can DM you the promo code if you’d like).

Never used the Walmart website before--I'm not seeing the IW sets up on there? Where are you finding them?

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

@GoldenNinja3000 Walmart via Google Express. They’re 20% off respectively, plus another 20% off your order until March 2 (I can DM you the promo code if you’d like).

It’s okay, I’m going to be getting all the sets on Saturday from my local Lego Store, but thank you! I’m really hoping that this Amazon/Walmart immediate 20% off trend will continue for the Fallen Kingdom sets! 

1 hour ago, StarLord said:

Can you upload or send me a picture please? I'm very curious 

https://imgur.com/a/Gx8eN?s=sms

Here you go! 

2 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Walmart via Google Express. They’re 20% off respectively, plus another 20% off your order until March 2 (I can DM you the promo code if you’d like).

Thank you so much for sharing this! I just placed my order for 76107 for $48! I'm so excited! :laugh:

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

3 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Would you mind providing me with the promo code as well? Thanks

Marvel The Universe Unites Offers;

• Regular color Marvel art print (5005573) with a LEGO Marvel Super Heroes purchase of $25 or more
  • Limited edition art print sketch (5005574) of the Hulkbuster by Marvel illustrator Ron Lim when you purchase The Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition (76105). This offer is only available for LEGO VIP members.
  • Free LEGO Marvel Super Heroes The Guardians’ Ship (30525) with a Marvel purchase of $75 or more.

5005574?$main$

So buy the Hulkbuster and you get all three of these offers - which is better than it was previously phrased where it sounded like you would only get one version of the Marvel Art Print. The art print itself looks better than i expected, but does display The Hulkbuster; Ultron Edition in a pose that is not obtainable with the sets current design. Luckily this can be fixed fairly easily with modding.

If you want The Hulkbuster; Ultron Edition then it's probably best getting it with these three offers - personally going to drop it down with VIP points so it just about qualifies for the Guardian's Ship polybag. With that said we'll probably see other offers later in the month as all these end on March 4th and many are limited to a set amount - so would personally hold off buying any other sets until after the 4th. The 'Groot figure' Polybag for instance is not mentioned and March normally gives double VIP points for specific sets - put simply, these may not be the only offers so you may benefit from waiting with the other sets.

Edited by Scarilian

The art print looks better than I expected. I might try to get a few of the regular colored ones. The Guardians polybag is nice although a character one would have been better. I’m still going to get all the sets this weekend but I am disappointed that there’s no double points. 

6 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The art print looks better than I expected. I might try to get a few of the regular colored ones. The Guardians polybag is nice although a character one would have been better. I’m still going to get all the sets this weekend but I am disappointed that there’s no double points. 

As mentioned, you may be best waiting till Monday. Could easily be double VIP points from then, we dont know for sure

32 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

As mentioned, you may be best waiting till Monday. Could easily be double VIP points from then, we dont know for sure

There’s nothing on the March calendar about double points, though. I’m assuming that we might just see double points on some specific sets.

39 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There’s nothing on the March calendar about double points, though. I’m assuming that we might just see double points on some specific sets.

Yep. I think I’ll just take The Guardians’ Ship polybag and buy the Sanctum on Saturday morning. 

6 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Yep. I think I’ll just take The Guardians’ Ship polybag and buy the Sanctum on Saturday morning. 

the polybag does nothing for me since im getting the big one also...

dammit lego...i was really hoping to give u some big chunck of money...but since u dont want its your loss lol

Edited by just_one

10 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s okay, I’m going to be getting all the sets on Saturday from my local Lego Store, but thank you! I’m really hoping that this Amazon/Walmart immediate 20% off trend will continue for the Fallen Kingdom sets! 

https://imgur.com/a/Gx8eN?s=sms

Here you go! 

Hey thanks!

Really sold me on that.

Does anyone knows if this hair piece is real of just videogame made?

My next goal is to make the killmonger fig more accurate. I tried to find it on brink link hairs but some of them are so lookalike that I dont know if i missed it

Just now, Bricky Kai Yay said:

Really sorry guys - does anyone have the US price list to hand for the IW sets? Thanks.

Outrider Dropship Attack- $15

Thor’s Weapon Quest- $20

The Hulkbuster Smash-Up- $30

Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack- $40

Thanos: Ultimate Battle- $70

Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown- $100

The Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition- $120

11 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

May I know the code too?

Shop2018. The code is on the front page of google express

1 hour ago, namioik said:

Shop2018. The code is on the front page of google express

Hmm, the one I used and distributed was GOSHOP20

Either one works, I’m sure. I wasn’t aware of the front page offer!

On 2/27/2018 at 10:53 AM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s an interesting idea, but the calendar said “offers” plural so I’m hoping we see something else as well. If this is the only promotion for the biggest Lego Marvel release ever then that’s super disappointing. 

Just got a Lego Store email where they're calling it UNITE THE UNIVERSE, which is a pretty grand name for such a bland promotion. Would hope there's more to it then art prints and a mini build, but even the rumored minifig polybag is super underwhelming...