Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Wait is it guaranteed that the prices will be 20% off?

The prices of stock right now (with the exclusion of 76108) are 20% off, I don’t know if this will continue into release.

On 2/24/2018 at 2:11 AM, Scarilian said:

It's possible that Just2Good was mistaken on the exclusive set, but given the secrecy behind Infinity War and the missing characters including Drax (and to a lesser extent, Mantis), who is/are arguably needed for the Guardians team, i think chances are high that we are getting a spoiler-filled exclusive set.

Moving back to this discussion for a second, it's worth noting that the guy who initially leaked the official images of the Infinity War sets also believes it exists, but will be revealed at a later date. We'll just have to wait it out for now. 

Edited by Bobathan Buan

3 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

I just picked up Thor's Weapon Quest from my local Walmart for $16.44! They also had the Outrider Dropship, but I'm gonna wait to buy it directly through Lego.

Lucky! I’m looking frantically for the Hulkbuster and Ultimate Battle at Walmart, but all of mine are sticking to street dates.

Sorry if this is off topic, but is there some kind of superhero MOC thread? I’m working on a custom vibranium mine/Shuri’s lab from Black Panther and was wondering where I can share some WIP pics. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Sorry if this is off topic, but is there some kind of superhero MOC thread? I’m working on a custom vibranium mine/Shuri’s lab from Black Panther and was wondering where I can share some WIP pics. 

Not sure, but I think you can just create your own post here in the Licensed forum. That’s awesome though, I’m looking forward to seeing what you’re working on. 

5 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Not sure, but I think you can just create your own post here in the Licensed forum. That’s awesome though, I’m looking forward to seeing what you’re working on. 

Thank you!

It appears the Outrider may be movie accurate. A six-armed Outrider, dubbed a “strong Outrider,” has been revealed in leaked toy merchandise (appears to be a Funko product lineup).

Edited by Aegis2000

2 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

It appears the Outrider may be movie accurate. A six-armed Outrider, dubbed a “strong Outrider,” has been revealed in leaked toy merchandise (appears to be a Funko product lineup).

The Six-Armed Outrider is apparently the leader of the Outriders, the character appears to feature horns. So the situation appears now that Lego got concept art of the Leader of the Outriders and instead thought that it was a generic Outrider - and they still did not give us the horns.

16 hours ago, Bobathan Buan said:

Moving back to this discussion for a second, it's worth noting that the guy who initially leaked the official images of the Infinity War sets also believes it exists, but will be revealed at a later date. We'll just have to wait it out for now. 

Yeah, chances are it does exist. We'll just have to wait till much later to see it though.

lego shop promotion

Only from 03/03 to 04/03, only for VIP members: a limited edition Marvel art print.

Get this exclusive print sketched by Marvel illustrator Ron Lim when you purchase the Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition

- Comic Art rendition of LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition
- Artwork by Marvel artist Ron Lim, penciller of the 1992 comic book limited series: Infinity War
- 254 x 330 cm lithograph print on high quality card stock paper
- Colour version limited to 40,000 copies globally
- VIP Limited Edition black & white variant limited to 13,000 copies globally

Spoiler

Edited by legostark

Welp...only for the Hulkbuster too? So there’s basically nothing for the big release of the Infinity War sets? No incentive to buy from Lego, other than about $14 in VIP points? Not even double? Wow.

It’s an interesting idea, but the calendar said “offers” plural so I’m hoping we see something else as well. If this is the only promotion for the biggest Lego Marvel release ever then that’s super disappointing. 

What a terrible promotion.

• The art is based off the inaccurate Lego Hulkbuster; Ultron Edition rather than being directly based on the movie version and/or the Infinity War version - so chances are you wont be displaying it.
  • The art is also a lithograph print and even with the limited quantity - wont be worth much on the secondary market for those planning on selling it to knock some of the price off the Hulkbuster.
  • It also sounds like you cannot get both variants of the artwork - which you honestly should considering these are just copies.

This better not be the only promotion. We have heard of the Groot Polybag so hopefully double VIP points are also occurring or at least something else to justify this. What a disappointment.

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s an interesting idea, but the calendar said “offers” plural so I’m hoping we see something else as well. If this is the only promotion for the biggest Lego Marvel release ever then that’s super disappointing. 

Hopefully the case. Also hope it is not a series of staggered promotions throughout the month - i could see them doing that, having a promotion for the 03/03 to 04/03 then having Double VIP points followed by the Groot Polybag.

Edited by Scarilian

I've now built all the (available) sets. Really happy.

Completed Infinity Gauntlet, here;

and creating the fully formed Guardian's vehicle here;

Hello, new to the forum but long time lurker. Great place you guys have here.

I have a request, does anyway who has both Black Panther civil war version and Royal Talon minifigs can put the head piece on the Royal Talon one and post or send me a picture? 
I'm thinking of updating my colletion if that combination works.

6 minutes ago, StarLord said:

Hello, new to the forum but long time lurker. Great place you guys have here.

I have a request, does anyway who has both Black Panther civil war version and Royal Talon minifigs can put the head piece on the Royal Talon one and post or send me a picture? 
I'm thinking of updating my colletion if that combination works.

I am away from my collection at the moment but I can say the combination does work that well. It’s better than the no printing but the printing is offline with the civil war head peice on either of the black panthers from the movie sets  

i really hope there is something more... i was SO looking forward to buy the sactrum Day 1 now i think i will just wait for double points...

Has anyone who doesn't have special lego connections been able to purchase the IW sets early? I've been hearing of early releases at Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us. Also will they immediately be up for sale online this Saturday?

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Has anyone who doesn't have special lego connections been able to purchase the IW sets early? I've been hearing of early releases at Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us. Also will they immediately be up for sale online this Saturday?

I've been looking. Nothing in NE Ohio so far

1 hour ago, Johnjacob said:

I've been looking. Nothing in NE Ohio so far

I've heard that more people have found them early in Walmart than in any other store, and that's only going off of the majority of people I see on instagram who got them early

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:
The Six-Armed Outrider is apparently the leader of the Outriders, the character appears to feature horns. So the situation appears now that Lego got concept art of the Leader of the Outriders and instead thought that it was a generic Outrider - and they still did not give us the horns.

Or they just received a concept art of normal Outriders, and they looked just like The Leader but smaller and without horns. They still look very accurate to this concept art.

23 hours ago, Bobathan Buan said:

After the first wave of sets were revealed i was interested to see that the Vision mini figure had the same face as the 2016 tanker truck takedown set. A while ago i saw a leaked image of a Vision mini figure with his teeth visible as if he was nervous (you know that classic nervous lego mouth they use)

So i think there would be more sets coming later in the year when all the spoiler dust has settled, just like when the tanker truck set was released way after captain america civil war.

It could be called "Captain America's big reveal" ;)