Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

On 2/17/2018 at 10:11 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

A new polybag of the ship from the Thanos set has been leaked! It isn’t called the Milano- the name of the polybag is just “The Guardians’ Ship”. 

It was really starting to bug me that people kept referring to that ship as the Milano.

Edited by bobasdad

44 minutes ago, bobasdad said:

It was really starting to bug me that people kept referring to that ship as the Milano.

It is very likely still the Milano - polybags often lack detailed names in order to be easily sold. Most kids will buy 'The Guardians Ship' from Infinity War while having no clue what The Milano is.

1 hour ago, bobasdad said:

Maybe it is still Milano.

33 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

It is very likely still the Milano - polybags often lack detailed names in order to be easily sold. Most kids will buy 'The Guardians Ship' from Infinity War while having no clue what The Milano is.

The fact that a previous polybag (30449) is named "The Milano" seems--to me, at least--to indicate otherwise.

4 hours ago, bobasdad said:

The fact that a previous polybag (30449) is named "The Milano" seems--to me, at least--to indicate otherwise.

Possibly, my theory on that, is that it is the same as the Avengers polybag;

• Avengers had 30612 'Quinjet', followed by 30304 'The Avengers Quinjet'.
  • Guardians had 30449 'The Milano', followed by 30525 'The Guardian's Ship'

'Quinjet' for example at least had the term 'jet' in the name - but 'Milano' is not really associated with being a spaceship unless you are familiar with the series.

Edited by Scarilian

I don’t even know why there’s a new ship design. In the leaked SDCC trailer they’re clearly in the normal Milano. I wonder if it gets destroyed yet again and they pull out this backup one. 

9 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Disney doesn’t own Fox yet. In this case it definitely has to do with the nature of the film. It’s like with Suicide Squad- Lego didn’t make sets for the movie, but released comic book sets when the movie came out that had lots of characters from it (Killer Croc, Katana, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Captain Boomerang). They could theoretically do the same with Deadpool if they wanted to. 

I think the only properties Disney didn't get from fox is fox sports and fox news.  I think it may be possible to get deadpool again.  Disney is just trying to gain control of the whole marvel universe that's just my opinion though.  

13 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Weird that there was nothing about it on the calendar, are you sure it isn’t a May promo? I know for the first Avengers movie, the Hulk promo was the month of May when the film released.

Not doubting your info, I just find it odd that neither the promo nor the Hulkbuster were made mentioned on the calendar. Weird marketing from Lego.

To be honest, I'm not that sure. Only thing I know is it is coming. 

22 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Not doubting your info, I just find it odd that neither the promo nor the Hulkbuster were made mentioned on the calendar. Weird marketing from Lego.

This may have something to do with it;
http://bricksfanz.com/lego-appoints-new-uk-pr-agency-for-2018/

I'm fairly sure they have had several management changes also - so perhaps they are trialing a new method. For example, in three days i managed to replicate the Hulkbuster design. If it had been on the calendar then knock-off companies would have had it replicated and likely managed to pump out a cheaper knock-off version that would have affected sales.
are

11 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don’t even know why there’s a new ship design. In the leaked SDCC trailer they’re clearly in the normal Milano. I wonder if it gets destroyed yet again and they pull out this backup one. 

It's going to become a running gag at this stage, each vehicle they have gets destroyed xD

It appears that some news got switched up. The hulkbuster is a store exclusive not a d2c and 76106 is a d2c with the price of 170$ and 160 euros and the best part it’s going to be spoilerley set

Edited by Falconfan1414

12 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It appears that some news got switched up. The hulkbuster is a store exclusive not a d2c and 76106 is a d2c with the price of 170$ and 160 euros and the best part it’s going to be spoilerley set

So i assume possibly a large number of minifigs hopefully almost completing the infinity war roster and fixing the two biggest figure problems in the current wave

Just now, legosamsonite said:

So i assume possibly a large number of minifigs hopefully almost completing the infinity war roster and fixing the two biggest figure problems in the current wave

Here's hoping for Wong, and updated winter soldier and scarlet witch

39 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

I’m hoping for a ton of new figures but we will definetley get repeats. I’m very excited as this is set as it’s going to be spoilery 160$ Set so you can only imagen what Lego has planned

My best guess for the unrevealed set is that it's full of spoilers. Something that sort of price (£150ish in UK) would either be a huge ship or some sort of modular/building.

I think the three most likely options are either Thanos' ship, the Avengers facility, or something unknown that will be revealed in the movie.

If it's Thanos' ship I'd love if we got a bald version of Thanos (highly unlikely but I can hope), maybe a Captain Marvel fig? Possibly Ant Man and Wong and just other general figures

If it's the Avengers facility I think We'll probably get the rest of the confirmed lineup, a few outriders, and maybe a couple of exclusive figs (Captain Marvel and Ant Man). Plus Thanos could still be included. Even more unlikely but could be cool would be Daredevil.

It could be anything at this point, and maybe something that no one can guess if it is a total spoiler.

I hope the set it worth the secrecy and the price.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

76106 is a d2c with the price of 170$ and 160 euros

Oof, looks like I won't be getting Lockwood manor and will hold off on getting all the other IW sets. 

Imagine if the set is just Thanos, some superheroes and the moon he throws at them, that would be funny.

Edited by ood0

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Is the D2C releasing in March with the rest?

14 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Oh my goodness I completely misread that! This is so exciting!

Sorry @doclord! If it’s “spoilery” I reckon we won’t see it until summer.

I’m afraid it won’t release until August, like the 4th CACW set. That’s worrying because August is already expensive for me given the return of the Wizarding World. 

Just now, namioik said:

In light of the recent news, are we still getting the store exclusive set as well?

There are 6 Infinity War sets, 1 store exclusive Hulbuster and 1 D2C Infinity War spoilery set.

It's so great that we are getting D2C Infinity War set! Hope it includes a great build and Thanos without his armour. We can get so many new characters in this set!

28 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m afraid it won’t release until August, like the 4th CACW set. That’s worrying because August is already expensive for me given the return of the Wizarding World. 

Well, unlike any other summer wave sets, the D2C is guaranteed to release on the same day worldwide (which means us Americans won’t had to wait two months after everybody else!).

I have a feeling we’ll get the Infinity Gauntlet in the D2C set as well.