Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Quick question, with the Hulkbuster D2C set already up on the LEGO website, any idea how soon we will see official pictures for the other sets??

Just now, grimmfreak said:

Quick question, with the Hulkbuster D2C set already up on the LEGO website, any idea how soon we will see official pictures for the other sets??

probably next week.

They will be out on March 3rd

1 minute ago, grimmfreak said:

The official pictures are out, Brickset has them up. Various reviews are out for almost all of the sets. Lego Shop@Home doesn’t have them posted yet, but they are virtually everywhere else.

1 minute ago, Aegis2000 said:

The official pictures are out, Brickset has them up. Various reviews are out for almost all of the sets. Lego Shop@Home doesn’t have them posted yet, but they are virtually everywhere else.

Ah, boy do I feel silly.

2 hours ago, grimmfreak said:

We have official pictures.

21 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

NinjaWhip has 76107, but only posted a box review. He reviewed Thanos and the Gauntlet, and the Guardians’ ship is visible in the background, but he didn’t review that.

He did review the whole ship.

Here is a review of the Ultimate Battle set (from minute 17:00 the 'Milano' is connected to the Pod). It looks great, better than I would have ever thought.. Now let's hope it's movie accurate. 

The guardian's ships looks so much better there, (thought I put the video on x2 speed) but I love all the interior space especially with the pod attached which does'nt eat up any int space, and the gauntlet hold can hold more passenger if the tiles are removed.

Definitely sold on the Guardian's ship set. The official renders didn't do it justice and it looks fantastic with the pod attached. Plenty of room inside with a sleek design, I dig it. 

24 minutes ago, Cedric the Brick said:

Anyone knows if we will see any Deadpool set(s) in the near future? Not necessary movie releated, but also comic based, like the first one was in 2012?

Unfortunately, I doubt it - Lego wouldn’t want to make a set even remotely associated with an R-rated film, and the only reason we got him in 2012 is because the movie wasn’t out yet.

37 minutes ago, Cedric the Brick said:

Anyone knows if we will see any Deadpool set(s) in the near future? Not necessary movie releated, but also comic based, like the first one was in 2012?

Fun fact I posted this once but Lego had plans to do a Deadpool set based on the movie but once they found out it was rated r they canceled the set completely. So I doubt we will ever see any other Deadpool figure in lego

Sorry I haven’t put pictures up yet. I saw that a few people requested some pictures of the sets but now there are reviews up that beat me to it! I will keep posting some pictures of the minifigures on my instagram with some pieces that make them look better. 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Fun fact I posted this once but Lego had plans to do a Deadpool set based on the movie but once they found out it was rated r they canceled the set completely. So I doubt we will ever see any other Deadpool figure in lego

I wouldn’t put it out of the question. We got Ghost Rider in a Spider-Man set, and Lobo over on the DC side of things. Deadpool has appeared in the Ultimate Spider-Man series...I’m sure you’ve heard the argument before, but nothing is out of the question.

Except for movie sets.

No way we get those.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Anything is possible, and with Disney buying Fox they could always push for Lego to make Deadpool sets since Deadpool prints money so why not make comic based Deadpool and X-Force sets since movie sets are out of the question

There is a polybag to go with the release, and I believe J2G kinda hinted it as Groot with new facial expression.

Tho it's a misopppurtinity with alot of missing characters, I kinda like it, just like the GoTG2 we had 2 versions of Groot.

10 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

I wouldn’t put it out of the question. We got Ghost Rider in a Spider-Man set, and Lobo over on the DC side of things. Deadpool has appeared in the Ultimate Spider-Man series...I’m sure you’ve heard the argument before, but nothing is out of the question.

Except for movie sets.

No way we get those.

12 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

13 hours ago, legozebra said:

Unfortunately, I doubt it - Lego wouldn’t want to make a set even remotely associated with an R-rated film, and the only reason we got him in 2012 is because the movie wasn’t out yet.

Thanks, I kinda expected LEGO wont do movie based set, its obvious, but generaly they could make comic based one. Althrough at the moment I guess any kind of reference to Deadpool set would automaticaly connect it to the movie, regarldess if its not based on it.

After checking abit, its not realy about the movie being r-rated, but rights. Disney owns Marvel and Fox (Deadpool), but Marvel doesnt own Fox (Deadpool), thats why they are trying to push on LEGO to release more of their owned heroes and ditch Pool. Same with other toy designers. Their idea is to force kids into buying Marvel owned heroes, Deadpool stuff wouldnt even be on shelves and people would have no other choice.

As far I know  Disney owns Marvel and Fox, and Lego having licence with Disney, but this doesnt mean they can use the rights for everything. Fox and Marvel might be owned by disney, but they have their own board decisions and if Fox decide to keep Deadpool out of Disney movies, he will be out. Disney might own Fox, but they still cant use the rights without consent. However it makes compromises much easier still. Same with Sony and Spiderman. Sony gave some rights to Marvel to use Spiderman in MCU, but all approvals, production control,...still go through Sony.

That is, I would love to see another Deadpool set in the future, but as long these R-rated movies getting so much attention and hype, Lego just wont do it. Even the comic version.

Edited by Cedric the Brick

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

There is a polybag to go with the release, and I believe J2G kinda hinted it as Groot with new facial expression.

Weird that there was nothing about it on the calendar, are you sure it isn’t a May promo? I know for the first Avengers movie, the Hulk promo was the month of May when the film released.

Not doubting your info, I just find it odd that neither the promo nor the Hulkbuster were made mentioned on the calendar. Weird marketing from Lego.

Quick question: Does anyone know the Euro-prices for the Infinity War sets? Much appreciated.

Just now, TAFOL said:

Quick question: Does anyone know the Euro-prices for the Infinity War sets? Much appreciated.

Portugal prices will be around more 20€ , meaning the Sactrum for example will be around 120€ unfortunally.

3 hours ago, Cedric the Brick said:

Thanks, I kinda expected LEGO wont do movie based set, its obvious, but generaly they could make comic based one. Althrough at the moment I guess any kind of reference to Deadpool set would automaticaly connect it to the movie, regarldess if its not based on it.

After checking abit, its not realy about the movie being r-rated, but rights. Disney owns Marvel and Fox (Deadpool), but Marvel doesnt own Fox (Deadpool), thats why they are trying to push on LEGO to release more of their owned heroes and ditch Pool. Same with other toy designers. Their idea is to force kids into buying Marvel owned heroes, Deadpool stuff wouldnt even be on shelves and people would have no other choice.

As far I know  Disney owns Marvel and Fox, and Lego having licence with Disney, but this doesnt mean they can use the rights for everything. Fox and Marvel might be owned by disney, but they have their own board decisions and if Fox decide to keep Deadpool out of Disney movies, he will be out. Disney might own Fox, but they still cant use the rights without consent. However it makes compromises much easier still. Same with Sony and Spiderman. Sony gave some rights to Marvel to use Spiderman in MCU, but all approvals, production control,...still go through Sony.

That is, I would love to see another Deadpool set in the future, but as long these R-rated movies getting so much attention and hype, Lego just wont do it. Even the comic version.

Disney doesn’t own Fox yet. In this case it definitely has to do with the nature of the film. It’s like with Suicide Squad- Lego didn’t make sets for the movie, but released comic book sets when the movie came out that had lots of characters from it (Killer Croc, Katana, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Captain Boomerang). They could theoretically do the same with Deadpool if they wanted to.