Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, mrcngrck said:

I wouldn't be so sure

I may like how this Hulkbuster set turned out, but ironically, it's too clean looking compared to the actual thing as seen in that picture you posted. I mean, how often does a Lego set turn out to be less greebly than the object it's depicting, given how studded Lego bricks are? It's like the designers did too good of a job. :wacko:

It will cost 140€ in France. Yay. :hmpf_bad: 

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

In particular Quake Mech has a better arm connection method and Fire Mech has a better leg connection method enabling forward/backward articulation. I will be attempting this when i eventually get the set

I think the Hulkbuster will look awful if you try to give it the same leg articulation as the Fire Mech. I've already thought of something to improve the hips while keeping the dimensions of the set :

40322166691_76580473ec_z.jpg

(back view)

Some changes to the plating will certainly be necessary though.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

In peters room, there is a sketch of his homemade spider suit 

Awesome!! Admittedly for me the Spider-Man/Peter Parker elements are the only reason I care for this set lol

The Milano has 2 seats next to the Infinity Gauntlet storage area in the back. By default this means it has 7 seats when combined with the pod. With a little bit of modding, it could probably fit around 10 figs. Definitely gonna have to get this set.

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

The Milano has 2 seats next to the Infinity Gauntlet storage area in the back. By default this means it has 7 seats when combined with the pod. With a little bit of modding, it could probably fit around 10 figs. Definitely gonna have to get this set.

Awesome! No more complaints, then. I don’t need the storage space so I’ll just add more seats but it’s nice that it fits 4 in the first place. 

19 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

A new polybag of the ship from the Thanos set has been leaked! It isn’t called the Milano- the name of the polybag is just “The Guardians’ Ship”. 

Whats that side build behind the ship? The space bike? The Thor/Rocket/Groot pod?

Edited by Legocity2713

15 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Whats that side build behind the ship? The space bike? The Thor/Rocket/Groot pod?

The pod is flying behind them

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

Are there pictures or a video review somewhere? I’m very interested in seeing the interior, I was buying this set first for the Gauntlet as it was.

42 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

A new polybag of the ship from the Thanos set has been leaked! It isn’t called the Milano- the name of the polybag is just “The Guardians’ Ship”. 

As i thought, it is not the original milano, it may be a new ship renamed the milano, but it is not the same design

10 hours ago, Leewan said:

It will cost 140€ in France. Yay. :hmpf_bad: 

I think the Hulkbuster will look awful if you try to give it the same leg articulation as the Fire Mech. I've already thought of something to improve the hips while keeping the dimensions of the set :

40322166691_76580473ec_z.jpg

(back view)

Interesting. I’ve also been thinking of ways to give it much-needed articulation while keeping it stable, and I think this hits the sweet spot (hopefully)

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Where can I find it?

I don't see it on instagram.

2 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Where can I find it?

Nevermind. Found it now on reddit. Kind of disapointing. I hope it isn't inplace of a minifigure polybag.

16 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Where can I find it?

Nevermind. Found it now on reddit. Kind of disapointing. I hope it isn't inplace of a minifigure polybag.

It’s not replacing a minifigure polybag. It’s replacing the quinjet polybag we have gotten for the last 2 avengers films. There will be a polybag with a figure in it

Edited by Falconfan1414

15 hours ago, Leewan said:

Yeah, original idea of mine was going to be just using the Fire Mech as a basis and perhaps covering up the additional joint piece. Your workaround is definitely an improvement though and i have followed your design to incorporate something similar into the WIP revamp.

15 hours ago, Leewan said:

Altered the design a bit and managed to incorporate the plating - it's turning out good so far, going for similar visuals at the moment but adding the articulation where i can. Arms are complete at this stage though currently based off the official design will be updating soon to improve the joints and potentially incorporate the Quake Mech style of arm connection. Crotch and most the legs is complete - already managed to include articulation to an extent of the knee's and hips (thanks to your help) Looking into the waist articulation next.

Part of me is kinda glad the D2C Marvel set is boring because there is too many other sets from this theme and others I want to get.:laugh:  At least with this I can categorically say no. :sceptic:

9 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Part of me is kinda glad the D2C Marvel set is boring because there is too many other sets from this theme and others I want to get.:laugh:  At least with this I can categorically say no. :sceptic:

I feel the exact same. Too many other good sets and D2Cs coming out this year. 

There are reviews of these sets on Youtube:

76101 Outrider Dropship Attack

76102 Thor's Weapon Quest

76104 Hulkbster Smash-Up

76108 Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown

There are still no reviews of Wakandan Wall and Thanos Showdown, but you can find pictures of someone who owns Thanos Battle. Like a multiple-picture review.

37 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There are reviews of these sets on Youtube:

76101 Outrider Dropship Attack

76102 Thor's Weapon Quest

76104 Hulkbster Smash-Up

76108 Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown

There are still no reviews of Wakandan Wall and Thanos Showdown, but you can find pictures of someone who owns Thanos Battle. Like a multiple-picture review.

NinjaWhip has 76107, but only posted a box review. He reviewed Thanos and the Gauntlet, and the Guardians’ ship is visible in the background, but he didn’t review that.

was thinking of buying the sanctrum day 1 to add in my modaular street but now im not so sure...

do you guys think it would fit good? need some opinions. love strange , spidey and iron man minifigs though