Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

3 hours ago, Azani said:

I believe that it's actually the store exclusive; off of that, either 76106 or 76109 would be the D2C.

This would be an excellent time to stop calling it the UCS Hulkbuster.

I thought this as well: if it isn’t the D2C, it may just be a large scale model like BB-8 for the wave. Not necessarily an exclusive. 

57 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I thought this as well: if it isn’t the D2C, it may just be a large scale model like BB-8 for the wave. Not necessarily an exclusive. 

No, it's only being sold at Walmart (at least over in the states).

As a supplementary note, we would have heard everything about it much earlier if it were simply an additional mainline set.

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Is this true? Now I'm confused. 

I'm not 100% sure, but all the evidence seems to point toward that right now.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not totally sure as to what's going on here as well.

4 hours ago, Azani said:

I believe that it's actually the store exclusive; off of that, either 76106 or 76109 would be the D2C.

If it has a UCS plaque, I’m calling it UCS. It’s not the first time a UCS has been exclusives to some retail stores as well.

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

If it has a UCS plaque, I’m calling it UCS. It’s not the first time a UCS has been exclusives to some retail stores as well.

IIRC it would be the first time that a "UCS" kit had been exclusive to retailers from the time of release - but it's not a UCS set, so it's all hypothetical, right?

Anyone can call it whatever they'd like, of course; I thought that I'd toss my two cents in. :)

Edited by Azani

15 minutes ago, Azani said:

No, it's only being sold at Walmart (at least over in the states).

I hadn’t picked up on that. That’s cool, it’s such a large set. I’m sure it’d be going to ToysRUs under different circumstances.

49 minutes ago, Alberto Brick said:

I did not understand what the problem is ? and the google translator does not help. The Avengers sets are always 8, right? 6 + Hulkbuster + 1

Nope, the first film had 4 and the second had 6. Well technically the second film had 7, as the Hulkbuster is the AoU variant

58 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm also confused with what I'm reading now. Lol. 

From what I’ve read, I think Azani is saying that the Hulkbuster is not at D2C, but in fact a Walmart exclusive. There was only a UPC assigned to the set number in the list I found. 

A page from an instruction Manuel for the infinity war sets has leaked and it has Thanos with a completed ganulet and my god it looks incredible. Something about the ganulet with all the stones in Lego form is just incredible 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

A page from an instruction Manuel for the infinity war sets has leaked and it has Thanos with a completed ganulet and my god it looks incredible. Something about the ganulet with all the stones in Lego form is just incredible 

I’ve been waiting to see this besides the cartoon on the box art. Where’d you see the manual image?

26 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I’ve been waiting to see this besides the cartoon on the box art. Where’d you see the manual image?

Edditray/ray/egolay :wink:

That Thanos picture makes me wonder if the Aether (red infinity stone) is transparent after all... it's sort of hard to tell from the set pictures :sceptic: I hope so, it'd be really inconsistent if all of the stones were transparent apart from that one.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Wow that does look incredible!

39 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

naomasali on Instagram

I like the image, but it looks like the gems are supposed to be pushed in slightly further, they stick out a bit and it looks a bit odd. Image is clearly edited a lot - interested to see how the gems look on the completed Gauntlet, hopefully they can go in slightly more.

On 13/02/2018 at 10:14 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It doesn't look so messy like it should be. It is really straight and like a bucket.

Personally, I think his hair looked more similar to Zane's hair than LBM Bruce Wayne's hair. That hair is too long and doesn't leave much of the back of the head exposed, whereas Zane's does.

d2deaba0927583d70fe10a9d33ce2d2211f1ef18

Just now, ood0 said:

Personally, I think his hair looked more similar to Zane's hair than LBM Bruce Wayne's hair. That hair is too long and doesn't leave much of the back of the head exposed, whereas Zane's does.

The best would be a new hairpiece, but we have to live with what we have.

15 hours ago, Azani said:

Now I am really confused. What!?

10 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Much like last year's BB8, which also came with a plaque.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don’t think the Aether is transparent. Wasn’t it opaque in leaked images? And it looks opaque in the set pictures as well. 

Right, I mean the in the advert. It’s clearly as transparent as the rest.

My local Target had the infinity war sets in stock, but they were street dated for March 3rd, so i wasn't able to get any of them.

2 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Right, I mean the in the advert. It’s clearly as transparent as the rest.

I feel like that’s artistic license, or it just isn’t as transparent as the others so it appears opaque in images. We’ll see, though. I hope it isn’t solid red. 

1 minute ago, PickleManDan said:

My local Target had the infinity war sets in stock, but they were street dated for March 3rd, so i wasn't able to get any of them.

The March 3rd release date is so odd. I wonder why it isn’t March 1st like usual...