Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

19 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

...how? It was exactly what she was wearing at the start and end of the movie. Maybe it’s not accurate for the casual scenes in the movie but it’s still plenty accurate to outfits she wore. 

That version is supposed to be Gamora from opening sequence of GoTG 2. She wears different clothes with that jetpack. 

13 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

That version is supposed to be Gamora from opening sequence of GoTG 2. She wears different clothes with that jetpack. 

Or it could be Gamora from the end sequence of Guardians 2. When her torso is dominated by a metallic gray jet pack contraption I think it’s perfectly accurate to have an all gray torso. 

6 hours ago, Wotan135 said:

Whait..where we get the price 160,- for Hulkbuster? On that page (do not remember which was it) was 160,- for 76106 set and for 76105 was only 50,- which has Hulkbuster on his box...

On 1/29/2018 at 3:08 AM, Scarilian said:

As a side-note, a foreign Lego price comparison website known as brickmerge has the following;

Lego Marvel Avengers: Infinity War 76105 €49,99
Lego Marvel Avengers: Infinity War 76106 €159.99

Given it is a price comparison website it has no reason to falsify the pricing, as doing so would turn away users as they come for accurate comparisons - even though it unfortunately does not seem to show a source. It may admittedly be old news, but i know there was confusion about the D2C pricing.

I expect this could simply be a case of the website mixing the numbers around, at the time there was confusion as to what the number for the D2C would be. We've had various sites reporting prices but our two reports on the price for the D2C UCS set are $160 (from a price comparison website relaying an apparent leak) and $125 (from a EB user recently). I've tried to clarify what the price is with customer services, but they are unable to give details on the set until an official reveal occurs.

Though in terms of the Hulkbuster potentially being $49.99... While the UCS Hulkbuster has a slightly smaller size than Garma Mecha Man ($59.99) it arguably appears to have more pieces (when factoring in all the additions to the main build and the accessories) As such i doubt $49.99 is accurate for the UCS Hulkbuster and is instead the potential price of the exclusive set, which may or may not be Infinity War related given how the D2C UCS Hulkbuster turned out.

Edited by Scarilian

On 2/7/2018 at 6:13 PM, saysonder said:

Unless I’m mistaken, Star Lord has a new outfit too, but from a glance it isn’t that different. It’s still a red coat, so I can excuse reusing his old design. 

I just really wish TLG would update Gamora’s hair. The Aquaman/Lobo hairpiece would be 100x better than the boring one she has now.

Related imageRelated image

Its the same jacket and pants, just a different shirt (Left is infinity war promo art)

Edited by jtslimshady
Wrong image

Best part about the UCS set is that when you display the minifig sized Iron Man it appears to have its own minature UCS styled plaque on a 1x2 cheese slope.

Boy, is that sentence sad when THAT is the best part of a UCS set!

Edited by Legocity2713

52 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Box images for hulk buster and the drop ship are out. They are the European boxes and they appear to be out in a store on shelves 

I think it was found in Singapore.

Prices are a bit high if it's USD, it's singaporean dollars .

I think they look really good, the hulkbuster especially! The box art that is, though I have to say the Dropship set looks very bare. So much space between figures, it looks like a Lego Club advert.

And don’t you just hate it when you leave your infinity stones lying round? :laugh:

7 minutes ago, ReZourceman said:

Surely okay to post photos if they've been spotted in the wild?

Great question, It's already out. Peeps will buy it soon.

But I think EB is following TLG guidelines, I remember about TLBM sets/CMS not allowing peeps to review or post it early. 

Wow, the box art for the dropship set is one of the most awkward looking things I’ve ever seen. It’s so ridiculously empty! The Hulkbuster box looks awesome, but it still has the empty background problem. These sets take place in the middle of a huge battle, so I don’t see why they couldn’t have added armies clashing in the background or something. I still love the new Hulkbuster and Proxima Midnight’s side build looks great, but Falcon looks even worse on this box. Why didn’t they just reuse the wing mold? The new build looks super bulky and stickers are never fun to apply. I also don’t love the way Thanos looks in the corner of the box, but it’s cool that he’s there instead of the Avengers. 

The character lineups are more like the 2013/2014 ones now where they show the figures flat and head on rather than angled or in action poses, which is interesting. I wonder why the dropship set doesn’t have the character lineup? It’s a bit weird. 

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

I also realize now that Falcon comes with no accessories (guns, additional weapons). The wings are a shame, this is insult to injury.

If you needed proof Lego is just getting lazy, here it is.

15 minutes ago, Ultron said:

If you needed proof Lego is just getting lazy, here it is.

With this set it could easily be a matter of budget. We’re getting a better and more detailed Hulkbuster with a bigger side build for the same price as the last one. I don’t really care if Falcon doesn’t have guns because Lego guns are dime a dozen and not hard to get ahold of. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

With this set it could easily be a matter of budget. We’re getting a better and more detailed Hulkbuster with a bigger side build for the same price as the last one. I don’t really care if Falcon doesn’t have guns because Lego guns are dime a dozen and not hard to get ahold of. 

I just don’t see how two small essential pieces could affect the budget in such a way. Surely if they’re so easy for us to acquire it should be infinitely easier for Lego to put them in. 

2 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Has Iron Man the same suit in the Sanctorum set as in the 'Milano' set (except for the added 'wings' of course)? 

Indeed. It's the same MK50 

50 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Indeed. It's the same MK50 

Yeah, its the same figure but are we sure in the movie its the same mark? Last one we got was mark 47, i believe the new hulkbuster is either 48 or 49, the sanctum set has either mark 48 or 49, which then gets modified into mark 50, in order to travel to another world, i mean, it doesn't make sense that they would start the movie with a space suit ready, d'you think? I may be wrong

34 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Yeah, its the same figure but are we sure in the movie its the same mark? Last one we got was mark 47, i believe the new hulkbuster is either 48 or 49, the sanctum set has either mark 48 or 49, which then gets modified into mark 50, in order to travel to another world, i mean, it doesn't make sense that they would start the movie with a space suit ready, d'you think? I may be wrong

The BrickHeadz calls it Mark 50.

34 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

I like the idea but for me, it's just plain MK50 being able to configure anything he needs such as wings/sword/blaster

In addition with every "Avengers" movie sets, we always get 2 different Ironman figs.

Mark 6 and 7 - The Avengers

Mark 43 and 45 - AoU

As for Infinity War, maybe we could get another suit in the store exclusive?

50 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I like the idea but for me, it's just plain MK50 being able to configure anything he needs such as wings/sword/blaster

In addition with every "Avengers" movie sets, we always get 2 different Ironman figs.

Mark 6 and 7 - The Avengers

Mark 43 and 45 - AoU

As for Infinity War, maybe we could get another suit in the store exclusive?

Original hulkbuster was mark 44 for AOU

51 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The BrickHeadz calls it Mark 50.

Oh i know, the version with wings is mark 50, but the non decked out version might be mark 49