Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Not bad! It's a pretty clean and near studless build, and from what I can see, it looks like there are a lot of those new 2×2 tiles with a cut out corner utilized on the build's exterior in various places (the ones first seen in some of this year's Speed Champions sets).

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

Thought so, still a great collectors item. How many times have we seen a set of a rejected Ideas set already :p 

Just goes to show, if one is hesitant to submit a project on the grounds that they believe it will clash with a preexisting license or it's too redundant, they should just go ahead anyway.

19 minutes ago, Mat099 said:

Can somebody who got a well defined image of it can tell me if this is the Iron Man figure that will come with it?

I don’t know if it would make me sad or relieved...

The minifigure that comes in this set is the Mark 43 leaked at the start of December. The one with a clear head and missing pieces from the chest and legs. 

I love the build for the hulkbuster though interestingly they are marketing it as the age of ultron. It seems to use 3 light up bricks, two in the hands and one in the chest region. It’s about 10.43 inches or 26.5 cm. Now that it is revealed people can see why I called it a safe risk. It is a risk people it isn’t like a normal d2c set because they usually don’t do giant mechs for the d2c but it’s a safe choice because the hulkbuster set from age of ultron sold very well/ if not the best from the age of ultron line so they know people will buy it

Wait what does it say in the top right corner, something like, “Marvel: The first ten” and then in the image I saw it cuts off. Could it be, “The first ten years”? It is 2018 after all, ten years of the MCU

On another note, what do we know about the 7th IW set? Where did these rumors come from? I thought the UCS set was the 7th set. 

Well, I'm glad it's something like this, for the most part.
Too bad it's not an Avengers Facility/Mansion or a Sanctum Sanctorum or anything, but still. This way helps me save a lot of money, once again :innocent2:

Regards,
Mitch

14 minutes ago, KingSpoozle said:

Wait what does it say in the top right corner, something like, “Marvel: The first ten” and then in the image I saw it cuts off. Could it be, “The first ten years”? It is 2018 after all, ten years of the MCU. 

It the MARVEL STUDIOS logo 

underneath it says THE FIRST TEN YEARS -- what's cool about it is that the MARVEL STUDIOS logo is stylized to highlight a 10 in studios.

I’m interested to see the piece count and see if it actually does have light bricks. There’s no marking on the box exclaiming “Light Brick Included!” like sets with those bricks usually have. I’d also like to see it next to a set like the Helicarrier for a size comparison. 11 inches isn’t very tall and if the legs can’t move forwards and backwards either then I’m going to be even more disappointed. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m interested to see the piece count and see if it actually does have light bricks. There’s no marking on the box exclaiming “Light Brick Included!” like sets with those bricks usually have. I’d also like to see it next to a set like the Helicarrier for a size comparison. 11 inches isn’t very tall and if the legs can’t move forwards and backwards either then I’m going to be even more disappointed. 

The picture clearly shows the arc reactor and hand repulsors lighting up. But if that doesn't convince you in the bottom left corner there is a BATTERY symbol which states that batteries are included! 

I think it looks good, though the lower torso shaping looks a little off. I really like it overall, especially the workshop included. It won’t be a soon-after-release purchase for me, but I’m sure I’ll get it in time. Even at $160.

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

I think it looks good, though the lower torso shaping looks a little off. I really like it overall, especially the workshop included. It won’t be a soon-after-release purchase for me, but I’m sure I’ll get it in time. Even at $160.

Agree. I don't know about you guys but the Helicarrier took up way too much space for me. The Hulkbuster keeps growing on me and is far superior, more sturdier build, better scale and just overall pretty badass -- esp. vs. either the first one or the IW set one. I'm getting it for sure.

1 minute ago, agoodfella77 said:

The picture clearly shows the arc reactor and hand repulsors lighting up. But if that doesn't convince you in the bottom left corner there is a BATTERY symbol which states that batteries are included! 

Thank you, I didn’t notice that! I didn’t think the hands had enough room for light bricks and I assumed it was just artistic license and the pieces would be transparent to represent light. I’m glad that it lights up, that makes it a lot more interesting. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Thank you, I didn’t notice that! I didn’t think the hands had enough room for light bricks and I assumed it was just artistic license and the pieces would be transparent to represent light. I’m glad that it lights up, that makes it a lot more interesting. 

I'm pretty excited for it. Since I don't follow any of the other themes, I don't know how the effect is on other builds, can't wait to see some actual reviews of it.

52 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Now that it is revealed people can see why I called it a safe risk. It is a risk people it isn’t like a normal d2c set because they usually don’t do giant mechs for the d2c but it’s a safe choice because the hulkbuster set from age of ultron sold very well/ if not the best from the age of ultron line so they know people will buy it

I think the original Hulkbuster set sold well because it was a cheap way to get an Ironman, Big Hulk, and Scarlet Witch, in combination with a fun build.  I'll be interested to see what kind of demand is actually out there for this kind of set.

I love the d2c set! The hulkbuster has never looked better in minifig form, and I absolutely love the work station/base and the interchangeable arms. This is a must buy for me!

15 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

I don’t know which bottom left you’re looking at, but in the pictures I see the corner is either cut off or just has a hologram of the figure...

also the leg arc reactors are lighting up in the same way as the hands, so I’m fairly certain it will just be the chest with a light brick.

Edited by Whovastron

5 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I don’t know which bottom left you’re looking at, but in the pictures I see the corner is either cut off or just has a hologram of the figure...

also the leg arc reactors are lighting up in the same way as the hands, so I’m fairly certain it will just be the chest with a light brick.

I have very clear pictures of the Box front and back.

30 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

Agree. I don't know about you guys but the Helicarrier took up way too much space for me. The Hulkbuster keeps growing on me and is far superior, more sturdier build, better scale and just overall pretty badass -- esp. vs. either the first one or the IW set one. I'm getting it for sure.

I didn’t pick up the Helicarrier because it took up so much space but I’ll pick up the Hulkbuster since it looks great and won’t take up much space.

Also the box having unhelmeted Thanos is very perplexing now since we don’t have an actual figure of him without the helmet. That would be the first time LEGO ever shown box art of a figure we didn’t get. This leads me to believe he will be in the 7th retail exclusive set. The $50/60 price point matches up with having a big fig in it.

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN

I'm a bit concerned. Does this mean we probably won't get all of the IW figures, because I was expecting most of them to come in the D2C. But at least I won't have to spend another £160

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

I'm a bit concerned. Does this mean we probably won't get all of the IW figures, because I was expecting most of them to come in the D2C. But at least I won't have to spend another £160

Definetly, im dissapointed as well, im not exicted about this set to be honest

6 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

There's still one set left, but we still don't really know the size of roles for certain characters. Hawkeye might not show up, Nebula might just appear in the next one, Drax, Mantis, Valkyrie, Loki, War Machine, they could all be in such minor roles that a figure wouldn't really be justifiable. I'm at least hoping for Scarlet Witch and Winter Soldier, the others I can do without (seeing as Drax, Mantis, Nebula and Valkyrie only just appeared a year ago)

10 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

8 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Definetly, im dissapointed as well, im not exicted about this set to be honest

Don't hate, just appreciate. We won't be getting all of them. This is not the first time it happened, so it's acceptable.

I mean, there's alot of characters in this film. Definitely we can't guarantee all of them. 

2 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

There's still one set left, but we still don't really know the size of roles for certain characters. Hawkeye might not show up, Nebula might just appear in the next one, Drax, Mantis, Valkyrie, Loki, War Machine, they could all be in such minor roles that a figure wouldn't really be justifiable. I'm at least hoping for Scarlet Witch and Winter Soldier, the others I can do without (seeing as Drax, Mantis, Nebula and Valkyrie only just appeared a year ago)

I wanna believe there would be a polybag that will have an exclusive minifigure. 

Same here, I want an updated Scarlet Witch and Bucky other can pass but this two would be really dissapointing if they won't be having new variants. 

The brick fan reported that the March calendar listed special marvel offers on March 3rd and 4th, which I'm guessing will be a winter soldier style polybag - exclusive for those that get the D2C set and then available later for a smaller spend threshold. 

The way I see it the 7th set could either be a space set with Thor, Loki, some Guardians and maybe Thanos, or another Wakanda set with the remaining Avengers. Either way, there's going to be missing characters.