Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

19 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

Well I guess I can talk about this now that the cat is out of the bag!

Yeah, I knew it would get a mixed reception but I like it 1,000 times better than the one in the IW Set.

Can also confirm that the minifigure is the Mark 43 (with exposed chest and leg parts) that others were speculating. It's set in Tony Stark's Workshop.

I quite like it. Not sure if its worth $160, but I'll probably get it.

Bingo! :grin: It's nice that there is a workshop around. It will probably be a good display piece. Thank you Risgrynsgrot and Agoodfella for the confirmation!

7 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Bingo! :grin: It's nice that there is a workshop around. It will probably be a good display piece. Thank you Risgrynsgrot and Agoodfella for the confirmation!

Correct. The workshop area is circular and doubles as a display stand. Interestingly the back of the box shows that the right hand is either interchangeable or the hand comes off to reveal the "Go to Sleep" hammer "fist"? 

EDIT: Some pics are showing up on Insta. 

Edited by agoodfella77

Well; For the age of ultron sets we got an avengers D2C and for infinity war, we got an age of ultorn. With that pattern we can expect a D2C of infinity war next year with the avengers 4 wave.

I wasn’t expecting a retrospective set, I must say. Can’t say that I’m particularly whelmed by it though.

24 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

EDIT: Some pics are showing up on Insta. 

Seeing it now, thanks. It looks....strange? The legs are definitely undersized. But it has a fire extinguisher :tongue:

8 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Well; For the age of ultron sets we got an avengers D2C and for infinity war, we got an age of ultorn. With that pattern we can expect a D2C of infinity war next year with the avengers 4 wave.

Good! In 2021 an updated Thanos arrives ?

Congrats to those peeps who got it correctly, you guys are awesome. 

I know there would be alot of dissapointments that's why you can't have it all. As I've said before too much of anything is bad.

And for those who are happy congrats with what we are getting.

Personally, this is an easy pass for me. but I'm happy because it's a nice build. :sweet:

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I know there would be alot of dissapointments that's why you can't have it all. As I've said before too much of anything is bad.

Personally, this is an easy pass for me. but I'm happy because it's a nice build. :sweet:

I'm definitely getting it! At least if I can get my hands on one! ?

2 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

I'm definitely getting it! At least if I can get my hands on one! ?

You can have one buddy, I know you can. Probably it will be hard for a couple of weeks but eventually.

I love the design, it's a must for Ironman collectors. Imagine it standing with your other ironman collection. Epic.

14 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

This I actually like a lot. Is it close to minifig scale? 

The regular Hulkbusters in the $30 sets are already out of minifigure scale since they’re too big, so definitely not. 

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Thanks man! 

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Imagine it standing with your other ironman collection. Epic.

Looking that way, you may be right!

So was this the Hulkbuster with the 'Go To Sleep' function? Cos I've been staring at the Infinity War variant trying to figure out how the hell it has a 'Go To Sleep' function.

It actually looks really nice. Really not sure if I'm gonna get it though. It's bad enough the other two Hulkbusters aren't Hulk scale

I mean it looks well put together and cool but it's like that giant tumbler set that no one really asked for except at least that set had two entirely new minifigures. They should've at least added a a second figure.

Well one less set to buy this year for me, knowing that the D2C is AOU based makes me really wish it was Avengers Tower since we haven't had one since AOU. Interesting to see lego releasing two hulkbuster sets at the same time, can't see this being the best thing for sales either

I’m definitely getting this, but I have super mixed feelings about this set. I agree that the legs are undersized but the base is very nice and the set looks very well detailed. My main fear still persists, though- it just doesn’t look like a $160 set. Maybe I need to wait for official pictures but if I didn’t have so much VIP money saved up I wouldn’t be buying this at full price. The robotic arms and extra Hulkbuster arm is cool and the go to sleep function looks like it’ll be fun, but I think the Hulk should have been in this set too. Only one figure is kind of ridiculous especially when they could’ve filled the set with 4 or 5 new armors that we haven’t gotten. 

Edit: And I still can’t get over what a strange choice this set was. I didn’t think anyone was clamoring for a UCS Hulkbuster, yet they made one and from Age of Ultron no less and not the movie coming soon. I would’ve preferred a UCS Quinjet over this since at least we’d have more than 1 figure and we’d get interior space for minifigures.

Second edit: I was just looking closer at the legs, and it looks like they use 2 or 3 of the regular ratcheting joints on the new figure scale Hulkbuster, which means that the legs wouldn’t be able to move forwards and backwards and can only splay out to the sides. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

32 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I didn’t think anyone was clamoring for a UCS Hulkbuster. 

Well there was a UCS-styled Hulkbuster that reached 10000 supporters on Lego Ideas, which I don’t doubt is why this set exists, much like the Helicarrier and Ghostbuster HQ.

5 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Well there was a UCS-styled Hulkbuster that reached 10000 supporters on Lego Ideas, which I don’t doubt is why this set exists, much like the Helicarrier and Ghostbuster HQ.

Oh, right! I forgot about that for a minute there. I guess there is a market for it, but I feel like a mass appeal set like a UCS Quinjet would work better since it appears across so many movies and the Ultron Hulkbuster was only in that single movie. I was really hoping to see some of the Infinity War figures we were missing in this set. 

Can somebody who got a well defined image of it can tell me if this is the Iron Man figure that will come with it?

sh167.png

I don’t know if it would make me sad or relieved...