Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

March 3rd is an odd release date, I won't lie. However it is only two days later compared to what everyone speculated so it's completely bearable. These sets are going to sell like hot cakes, I can already see it.

Bought the two Black Panther sets today.

The Rhino set felt a bit light for it's pricepoint, but was cool.

The Fighter is by far one of my favourite sets at £30. It's such a sleek, well-detailed and yet functional model, and I am super impressed at all they packed in for £30.

My only gripe is Black Panther does look kinda super plain. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the Rhino build too, passed on the Talon fighter though, just seemed lacking somehow, all those wing pieces. Might have to get it now after your glowing recommendation, thanks LegoFan117.

8 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the Rhino build too, passed on the Talon fighter though, just seemed lacking somehow, all those wing pieces. Might have to get it now after your glowing recommendation, thanks LegoFan117.

The Talon Fighter is an amazing design and a great set. It’s one of my favorite Lego Marvel vehicles, right up there with the original Milano and second Quinjet. 

The Black Panther builds are really nice, but it's a shame Lego really messed up the minifigs. Nakia and Okoye have such beautiful costumes that no leg/arm printing is pretty revolting to me. And then Black Panther himself and Killmonger are poor as well. Didn't even get ear printing. It ruins the figs for me. Klaw is good, but they printed it on a white torso instead of white onto a blue torso. 

Edited by Ultron

14 minutes ago, Ultron said:

The Black Panther builds are really nice, but it's a shame Lego really messed up the minifigs. Nakia and Okoye have such beautiful costumes that no leg/arm printing is pretty revolting to me. And then Black Panther himself and Killmonger are poor as well. Didn't even get ear printing. It ruins the figs for me. Klaw is good, but they printed it on a white torso instead of white onto a blue torso. 

I know I am in the minority here but the minifigs aren't that important to me. I actually don't care much for the sets that have a bunch of them, then have some small cheesy build. So I am rather satisfied with these two sets. Of course it is great when you get both, excellent minifigs and build. I would gladly trade all of my figures for bricks though. 

52 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I wonder what the special offers that the calendar promises are...

Have we heard any news of a polybag promotional item? Would lean towards that... maybe double VIP points given they have a Star Wars double VIP points running exclusive to those with the card - makes sense to have double VIP running on another product so people dont feel left out.

Not at all doubting you @SpiderJazz, but I find it odd that the actual March 3 & 4 spots are left blank on the calendar layout itself. Usually there would be a box silhouette and the ad for a new and exclusive set coming. Even with the large banner above it, I’m surprised they didn’t specifically market a new D2C.

Edited by Aegis2000

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Have we heard any news of a polybag promotional item? Would lean towards that... maybe double VIP points given they have a Star Wars double VIP points running exclusive to those with the card - makes sense to have double VIP running on another product so people dont feel left out.

We’re getting double points just two weeks later so it would be a bit odd to do only double points on Marvel sets. A polybag would be great, but I doubt it would happen since we haven’t heard anything. 

32 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Not at all doubting you @SpiderJazz, but I find it odd that the actual March 3 & 4 spots are left blank on the calendar layout itself. Usually there would be a box silhouette and the ad for a new and exclusive set coming. Even with the large banner above it, I’m surprised they didn’t specifically market a new D2C.

That I really dunno, those sets are scheduled to be released on March 1st and also the D2C. I'm thinking that they decided to push back the release date to keep in under the wraps. Well, it's just 2-3 days of the normal release so it doesn't bother me at all. And I'm pretty sure it will be available in some countries soon. It happens. ALWAYS.

14 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

We’re getting double points just two weeks later so it would be a bit odd to do only double points on Marvel sets. A polybag would be great, but I doubt it would happen since we haven’t heard anything. 

i heard something about it, but I'm not sure if that is indeed the special offer in March Calendar. 

What if the D2C is a 10 years of the MCU retrospective set with things like the cave from Iron Man, Bifrost from Thor and other small builds from the movies, it could give a great selection of minifigures.

8 minutes ago, Alberto Brick said:

?

Could you give more information?

Set is called Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition, so its based on Age of Ultron.

Comes with a black base and yellow assembly arms. Swapable arm, 26 cm tall, comes with an exclusive Iron Man Minifigure.

42 minutes ago, Risgrynsgrot said:

Just seen the UCS Hulkbuster, not really liking it. The legs look really small.

Well I guess I can talk about this now that the cat is out of the bag!

Yeah, I knew it would get a mixed reception but I like it 1,000 times better than the one in the IW Set.

Can also confirm that the minifigure is the Mark 43 (with exposed chest and leg parts) that others were speculating. It's set in Tony Stark's Workshop.

I quite like it. Not sure if its worth $160, but I'll probably get it.

Edited by agoodfella77

8 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

Well I guess I can talk about this now that the cat is out of the bag!

Yeah, I knew it would get a mixed reception but I like it 1,000 times better than the one in the IW Set.

Can also confirm that the minifigure is the Mark 43 (with exposed chest and leg parts) that others were speculating. It's set in Tony Stark's Workshop.

I quite like it. Not sure if its worth $160, but I'll probably get it.

Do you know where perhaps we can see the pictures to it?

55 minutes ago, Risgrynsgrot said:

Just seen the UCS Hulkbuster, not really liking it. The legs look really small.

That sucks. I realy hoped the rumors would turn out fake, and we would get a large play set. This is a disapointment, I will not be getting it.