Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

Like in the corner?

Yeap he is in the corner, not the Avengers. Him alone hahaha it's like it's his movie and set are based of him.

Quick note: Without his helm.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Yeap he is in the corner, not the Avengers. Him alone hahaha it's like it's his movie and set are based of him.

Quick note: Without his helm.

SpiderJazz, do you have any insight as to whether we can expect to see that D2C announcement tomorrow?  Thanks in advance!

Just now, Resurgam said:

SpiderJazz, do you have any insight as to whether we can expect to see that D2C announcement tomorrow?  Thanks in advance!

I just said it on the last page. I really dunno where the info came from. 

If it's scheduled to be released on March 1st with the retail sets then it could be. There's a chance but I'm not the person who can confirms it.

So if it shows up tmrw then good, but if not then we will just have to wait. 

Just appreciate things that we currently have. Are you not fan of those retail sets?

Too much of anything is bad. 

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I just said it on the last page. I really dunno where the info came from. 

If it's scheduled to be released on March 1st with the retail sets then it could be. There's a chance but I'm not the person who can confirms it.

So if it shows up tmrw then good, but if not then we will just have to wait. 

Just appreciate things that we currently have. Are you not fan of those retail sets?

Too much of anything is bad. 

No, I'm excited for the retail sets too for sure.  Also didn't know they were due March 1 so that's cool news as well.  I was just curious!  My wallet agrees with your last sentence. :)

Just now, Resurgam said:

No, I'm excited for the retail sets too for sure.  Also didn't know they were due March 1 so that's cool news as well.  I was just curious!  My wallet agrees with your last sentence. :)

So just to answer your question, my source confirms it.

YES we will see the D2C in March calendar.

Real question here is, are we expecting the calendar tmrw? 

I hope I made myself clear with this one. 

Thanos being in the corner for box art really reinforces how the Russos said that he’s the main character of Infinity War for me. I’m starting to think more and more that Lego knew he wouldn’t have his helmet but just couldn’t/wouldn’t make a new mold for his figure. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

So just to answer your question, my source confirms it.

YES we will see the D2C in March calendar.

Real question here is, are we expecting the calendar tmrw? 

I hope I made myself clear with this one. 

I think the standard is that we see the store calendar two months out, but that is an excellent point on whether that's a consistent trend or what.  I too am hoping for an Avengers compound set or something similar.  Unlike the Star Wars sets where I normally like to see the more detailed, large-scale models for D2C sets, I think the MCU gives some interesting subject matter for a cool large playset.  We'll see!

If the $160 price point is true, I don't really see myself having much of a problem picking up whatever it ends up being.

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Thanos being in the corner for box art really reinforces how the Russos said that he’s the main character of Infinity War for me. I’m starting to think more and more that Lego knew he wouldn’t have his helmet but just couldn’t/wouldn’t make a new mold for his figure. 

Always the D2C or the exclusive set i guess - probably the exclusive set if we were to get it this wave.

12 hours ago, Scarilian said:

True, translations are often a pain. Good guy ship could easily mean 'Good Guy Vehicle' or 'Good Guy Transport'.

I'm leaning towards the Hulkbuster with Veronica side-build, with Mk43 variant, Hulk and Scarlet Witch as my last speculation on the topic before potential images appear.

Veronica is the nickname for the hulkbuster....it's not a separate vessel. Stark told "Friday" to send in Veronica in AOU, meaning the hulkbuster.

18 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Veronica is the nickname for the hulkbuster....it's not a separate vessel. Stark told "Friday" to send in Veronica in AOU, meaning the hulkbuster.

Friday is the A.I. while Veronica is the deployment module, launched from a Stark Industries Satellite. Veronica contains varying amours for deployment including the MK XLIV suit which is the Hulkbuster.

16 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Still no calendar. I hope we’ll see it today but it might take until tomorrow or the day after...

The October, November and December calendar came out on the 2nd... so it's possible. We'll have to wait and see. Brickset has potential to report on the D2C if it's on the Calendar while TheBrickFan should show the calendar as soon as it appears - so would check those every now and again.

Edited by Scarilian

2 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Friday is the A.I. while Veronica is the deployment module, launched from a Stark Industries Satellite. Veronica contains varying amours for deployment including the MK XLIV suit which is the Hulkbuster.

The October, November and December calendar came out on the 2nd... so it's possible. We'll have to wait and see. Brickset has potential to report on the D2C if it's on the Calendar while TheBrickFan should show the calendar as soon as it appears - so would check those every now and again.

It's still early in the day, we shouldn't give up until thr end of the day atleast 

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

It's still early in the day, we shouldn't give up until the end of the day atleast 

True, plus not sure what timezone the calendar release is based on or even if it has a schedule

18 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The image is fake. Two reasons why, number 1 the antman and the wasp logo shouldn't be there for both the infinity war and black panther sets the blacked out box images didnt have the logo for the movie. The other reason is the picture of the blacked out box is really in hd.

Fun fact, lego had planned to do a set based on the original deadpool movie but they canceled it because they found out it was going to be rated  R. So we are not getting deadpool 2 sets

not cool.I like sets based on movies, especially good one.I do no get this “children oriented idea” i think it is an atavism in modern world 

14 minutes ago, Lego Petman said:

not cool.I like sets based on movies, especially good one.I do no get this “children oriented idea” i think it is an atavism in modern world 

It's a toy ideally targeted towards a younger demographic, it's the minimum regulations that we should all expect

57 minutes ago, Lego Petman said:

Lego is a toy company making products marketed towards children. Very few sets are made for adults since children are the target audience. It makes perfect sense. 

I think the fact that Thanos without helm in the corner of the boxes (which I have seen) reinforces the rumor that we will be getting a Thanos Big Fig sans helm at some point. 

Perhaps in the exclusive set. It won't be in the DTC, which I have also seen. 

3 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

I think the fact that Thanos without helm in the corner of the boxes (which I have seen) reinforces the rumor that we will be getting a Thanos Big Fig sans helm at some point. 

Perhaps in the exclusive set. It won't be in the DTC, which I have also seen. 

I was thinking the same thing.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Friday is the A.I. while Veronica is the deployment module, launched from a Stark Industries Satellite.

Yeah, I suspect it's a joke on Stark or Banner's part. Betty is Bruce's predominant love interest, calling it Veronica creates a Betty and Veronica parallel like the characters in the Archie comics.

We've seen what appears to be Captain America's shield - wonder if we'll see a new mold for it in the Exclusive set...?

Spoiler

DU84tkwUMAAktaf.jpg

According to this figure Cap will tear Thanos head off. How we need new mold for exclusive set! 

23 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

We've seen what appears to be Captain America's shield - wonder if we'll see a new mold for it in the Exclusive set...?

Hide contents

DU84tkwUMAAktaf.jpg

9 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

According to this figure Cap will tear Thanos head off. How we need new mold for exclusive set! 

I know you are of course kidding, but to enlighten others, the way these figures work is that each figure includes part of one who you can’t by individually. So you buy all of them to eventually piece together Thanos.

However, all of the consistently accurate reveals of Thanos merchandise, along with the reveal of box art information, makes me believe Lego will make an accurate one sooner than later, possibly even in the seventh, spoilerific set.

Oh no that’s not good...I was told the d2c was going to be front and center in the calendar, they are not even showing official pictures on the cateloge either. Wow