Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

11 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

When is NYTF? We won't have to wait too much longer to have in-person images of the IW sets if it's coming up soon

Here is a summary timeline;

On 1/21/2018 at 5:03 PM, Scarilian said:
  • Severe reporting and photography restrictions will be in place at Nuremberg (31 Jan – 4 Feb)
  • LEGO will not be exhibiting the summer releases at the New York toy fair (17-20 Feb) Only products launching the first half of 2018 will be in the LEGO booth this year at Toy Fair. They will not be showing any products launching June or later.

Source

So to summarize a timeline of when to expect things

Around the end of Jan/start of Feb

• More news/details of the D2C set will appear
  • A calendar image for March will appear potentially revealing the D2C Infinity War set
  • If the D2C itself is important enough we may get a press release similar to the AoU Helicarrier (Though notably that had a VIP release which may push the reveal earlier than the Infinity War D2C)

31 - 4th Feb; Toy Fair Nuremberg

17 - 20th Feb; Toy Fair New York

• This will provide more images of the six main Infinity War sets likely from various angles in person
  • The D2C itself may be on display

Around the 14th May

• The exclusive Infinity War set will be revealed, due to spoilers it will likely not be revealed until after the movie
  • It will likely be revealed around the 14th similar to the Spider-man Civil War set

Edited by Scarilian

31 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Here is a summary timeline;

okay sweet, I do hope the d2c is something iron man related like the hall of armors or the hulkbuster

I don't understand why there is hope for a hulkbuster in the d2c. It's a bland build, nothing new. It's a waste of a d2c. Probably no good figures also. I want a d2c like the diagon ally, cool play set with exlucive minifigures.

43 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

I don't understand why there is hope for a hulkbuster in the d2c. It's a bland build, nothing new. It's a waste of a d2c. Probably no good figures also. I want a d2c like the diagon ally, cool play set with exclusive mini-figures.

Actually, speculation at the moment is that the Hulkbuster is the D2C - a main build rather than a side build. Think something in terms of Ninjago Kai's Fire Mech regarding scale if the helmet is legitimate. Granted it would be something we have gotten in set form before, and it would serve simply as a display due to scale issues - but it could potentially have some nice figures. In addition to the Mk43 variant i could see Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Quick Silver and Ultron all being viable if it is based on AoU OR perhaps a selection of the more iconic Iron Man suits to help fill out the selection we have.

Though admittedly, i would also prefer getting a ton of exclusive figures instead with some kind of Avengers base - after collecting all the heroes for ages i'd kind of hoped we'd have somewhere to display them. Only a few days now though, the 1st should reveal the calendar and hopefully the set.

Edited by Scarilian

Altough I do not want the d2c to be a hulkbuster, I think it is that.

One other clue is the latest ideas clip. In this clip, no project was chosen but he did say what could be some of the reasons for it. One of the reasons is that an idea project that got 10,000 votes is already a developing set whitin the lego group. Thus, they can't choose it.

Some timr ago there was an idea project of a d2c hulkbuster, that was not accepted. I think that the two of those facts connected heavially link us to a hulkbuster d2c.

3 hours ago, Chookdude said:

A long shot but imagine if the Hulkbuster opened up to reveal a hall of Armour inside.

This would be incredible, and if enough armors were included, definitely, worth $160.

5 hours ago, Chookdude said:

A long shot but imagine if the Hulkbuster opened up to reveal a hall of Armour inside.

How would that work? That's not canon to the movies or the comics (I mean literally having the hall of armors in one mech)

Edited by TurnOffTheDark

46 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

How would that work? That's not canon to the movies or the comics (I mean literally having the hall of armors in one mech)

If it were the Hulkbuster, and not a playset, it’d be a display piece anyways. They’re just proposing a cool feature that could be included as fan-service. Doesn’t have to be canon. 

Just now, InnerRayg said:

I don't think there will be a lot of exclusives in the D2C, I wouldn't be surprised if there's only one or two figures in it

True. The Tumbler from 2014 was $200 and came with a large-scale model and all of two minifigures (though both were exclusive).

58 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

If it were the Hulkbuster, and not a playset, it’d be a display piece anyways. They’re just proposing a cool feature that could be included as fan-service. Doesn’t have to be canon. 

True. The Tumbler from 2014 was $200 and came with a large-scale model and all of two minifigures (though both were exclusive).

Lego likes to be accurate (or at least tends to be) with more expensive sets like the d2c sets, so I don't think that they would put something as misplaced as a hall of armors within the hulkbuster, at least in my opinion, I could be wrong of course as Lego does take creative liberties A LOT

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Here we go the first official trailer for antman and the wasp!

I hope we get at least one set for this movie! It would have to come out around May or June though...

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Here we go the first official trailer for antman and the wasp!

I'd rather not speculate on this thread, but I do hope that if they make a set they include that suitcase building in some form.

19 hours ago, ood0 said:

I'd rather not speculate on this thread, but I do hope that if they make a set they include that suitcase building in some form.

Official Wasp figure please! 

Looking at the infinity war sets I got to wondering, does anyone know if you can connect the ship in the Thor's weapon set to the back of the ship in the set Thanos comes in

19 minutes ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

Looking at the infinity war sets I got to wondering, does anyone know if you can connect the ship in the Thor's weapon set to the back of the ship in the set Thanos comes in

Pretty sure that was already confirmed, yeah. It will be interesting to see how.

20 minutes ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

I think the set description says that the two of them connect together.

2 hours ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

Yeah it does, we’ve known that for a while now. I’m excited to see how they look together. 

Everyone, this is the thread for physical set discussions. 

This is not a trailer discussion thread. :thumbdown:

This is not a trailer = future set is totally happening #confirmed thread. :thumbdown:

This is not a Toy Fair discussion thread. :thumbdown:

This is not a wishlist thread. :hmpf_bad:

If these things continue, I don’t see the point in keeping this thread, as it was intended to be, open any longer. Focus on the sets please.