Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

31 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Summer catalog confirmed UCS IW set and it looks really big! Definitely more than rumored 160$ Price

From the picture I saw it looked to just be the six initial sets of the wave. The bottom-most one is the Sanctum.

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

From the picture I saw it looked to just be the six initial sets of the wave. The bottom-most one is the Sanctum.

Correct. It's the biggest set which is Sanctum Sanctorum.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Summer catalog confirmed UCS IW set and it looks really big! Definitely more than rumored 160$ Price

The catalogue doesn’t show the D2C. It only shows the 6 wide release sets. 

I wouldn’t count the exclusion of any Ant-Man and the Wasp merchandise as an indicator were not getting it: no seventh set included either, and we know that’s coming.

I for one can’t see Marvel skipping a summer wave in the biggest year for the franchise.

I lost track of the group, sorry before hand. One question: when can we expect this sets to be released? Thanks in advance

39 minutes ago, legolord said:

I lost track of the group, sorry before hand. One question: when can we expect this sets to be released? Thanks in advance

Movie comes out May 4. Guessing by other years, April 1st is my bet. Seems like it's always a month before.

10 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Movie comes out May 4. Guessing by other years, April 1st is my bet. Seems like it's always a month before.

No, it will be March 1st, judging by Civil War, Guardians 2 and Age of Ultron release dates.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Correct. It's the biggest set which is Sanctum Sanctorum.

Ok, I’m bad at guessing box sizes. But if Sanctum is the biggest box, it looks too big for around 1000 pcs set. 

Hope they will reveal D2C set on Toy Fair, there are no summer sets on Toy Fair, but there are spring sets probably.

There must be Ant-Man and The Wasp set or sets, why they wouldn't do them?

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hope they will reveal D2C set on Toy Fair, there are no summer sets on Toy Fair, but there are spring sets probably.

Perhaps they’re August releases for some reason? I only see up to June releases in the new catalogue. 

32 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

The sets usually release 2-3 months before the movie: March 1st for the May movies, August 1st for November movies, etc. Homecoming and Black Panther are the outliers since those sets released about 1 and a half months before the movies. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Perhaps they’re August releases for some reason? I only see up to June releases in the new catalogue. 

The sets usually release 2-3 months before the movie: March 1st for the May movies, August 1st for November movies, etc. Homecoming and Black Panther are the outliers since those sets released about 1 and a half months before the movies. 

There are August releases in the catalog (Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts)

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Unless there is a single exclusive I don’t think they are coming and probably to save money 

Edited by Falconfan1414

25 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Ok, I’m bad at guessing box sizes. But if Sanctum is the biggest box, it looks too big for around 1000 pcs set. 

For you to be not confused. Just look at the set numbers:

76101: The Outrider Dropship Attack

76102: Thor's Weapon Quest

76103: The Corvus Glaive Thrasher Attack

76104: The Hulkbuster Smash-Up

76107: Thanos: Ultimate Battle

76108: The Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown

So think about the numbers that we are missing. That will help you.

27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't see them skipping it but, I really don't know, I'll be dissapointed. 

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I don't see them skipping it but, I really don't know, I'll be disappointed. 

I think it makes more sense to skip sets for 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' and just combine them with Avengers 4. Infinity War sets, despite the flaws, give us a wide range of characters and i can see Ant-Man, Wasp and Captain Marvel being used to sell Lego sets for Avengers 4. If we did get a 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' set it would probably feature; Ant-Man, Wasp, Ghost and possibly Goliath

I wish we could get an updated Antman costume for this movie, like I said I'll be disappointed if they skip it and we will have to wait for Avengers 4 just to get an updated Antman and a new Wasp minifigure it will be a miss opportunity. I mean they already skip him in CW (to be fair they have Giantman and Micro Antman).  

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I wish we could get an updated Antman costume for this movie, like I said I'll be disappointed if they skip it and we will have to wait for Avengers 4 just to get an updated Antman and a new Wasp minifigure it will be a miss opportunity. I mean they already skip him in CW (to be fair they have Giantman and Micro Antman).  

To be fair, while we know Ant-Man is in the movie, we dont know as to what extent. Could be a cameo, joke or minor role. D2C or exclusive set give us potential for the figures also i suppose?

If the D2C is Avengers Facility it makes sense for Ant-Man to be there, since he raided it. Wasp I'm not too sure about.

Correct me if I am wrong, but we are missing Supergiant to complete Thanos Black Order?

2 minutes ago, Zyfot said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but we are missing Supergiant to complete Thanos Black Order?

Supergiant has not been shown to be in the movie so far.

2 minutes ago, Zyfot said:

Actually, they left Supergiant out from the MCU, so we wont get her in sets, unless there is someday a comic set.

While viewing the catalogue and specifically the Infinity War sets, I noticed that underneath some of the sets the words “salida December 31, 2018”. This translates to the sets departure on December 31 of this year. I find that shocking, if true, that they would leave after 9 months. It was labeled under sets: Outrider dropship, Thor’s weapon quest, Corvus Glaive attacks, and the Sanctum Sanctorum. The exclusions were the Hulkbuster and the Milano. The same date of departure was labeled under many sets from last year making sense for those to go, but why these new sets? I was just curious, but could it be that room needs to be made for Avengers 4, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man Homecoming 2 sets possibly?

There could be a single Ant-Man set that’s a store exclusive like the first Sanctum was. If the 7th Infinity War set is also an exclusive then it would make sense why they aren’t shown in the catalogue. Only 2 summer sets seems like a really small number though...

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Only 2 summer sets seems like a really small number though...

DC is only getting two (plus the RC Batmobile). And DC only got two summer sets in 2016. It’s not unheard of.