Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

4 minutes ago, doclord said:

I'm wondering if it's not an Infinity War set at all, and is instead an updated $200 Stark/Avengers tower?

I would adore that! The UCS Hulkbuster is also an interesting idea but I don’t think it’ll happen.

33 minutes ago, doclord said:

Missing Hulkbuster helmet?

26 minutes ago, doclord said:

I do think the missing Mk. 43 Iron Man figure is our biggest hint towards the D2C and it's really confusing, because we haven't seen it once in anything Infinity War related.

A leak showed a Hulkbuster helmet - it appeared to be midway between the Mk 1 Hulkbuster from AoU and the Mk 2 Hulkbuster we've seen in the trailer for Infinity War. We also had the Mk 43 variant shown around the same time, surprisingly the first images we got of this variant featured a transparent clear head implying it was a drone of some kind or an empty suit. Later versions, including the one i own, all feature a generic Tony Stark head. So perhaps the suit is not worn by Tony in the movie but simply included in the set on display or something.

I think we should lean primarily on the info we have been told at the moment, that it's something related to a 'good guy ship' and that its not the Quinjet. The Helicarrier was revealed in official images on Jan 29th and released to VIP's on February 17-28 with a full release on March 1st. I could easily see the Infinity War D2C following a similar sort of layout, though probably pushed back a little if we do not get a VIP release.

Either way, not long to wait - two weeks or so i'd guess at the most till we get more information

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

A leak showed a Hulkbuster helmet - it appeared to be midway between the Mk 1 Hulkbuster from AoU and the Mk 2 Hulkbuster we've seen in the trailer for Infinity War. We also had the Mk 43 variant shown around the same time, surprisingly the first images we got of this variant featured a transparent clear head implying it was a drone of some kind or an empty suit. Later versions, including the one i own, all feature a generic Tony Stark head. So perhaps the suit is not worn by Tony in the movie but simply included in the set on display or something.

I mean this might point towards whatever the D2C is having a Hall of Armors type thing if it has a Hulkbuster being upgraded and an empty suit intended for display (think how the Batcave suits for Lego Batman all had white heads).

Just now, doclord said:

I mean this might point towards whatever the D2C is having a Hall of Armors type thing if it has a Hulkbuster being upgraded and an empty suit intended for display (think how the Batcave suits for Lego Batman all had white heads).

I speculated a while ago it may be (Or include) a small 'Tony Stark Workshop' so we wouldn't get a full Hulkbuster, just the helmet along with a few other scraps and maybe an Iron Man suit or room to display his suit. It could happen, but not sure what sort of D2C would accommodate that. If it's a vehicle we haven't really seen a situation where it has an interior lab, given we dont know the price it's difficult to judge.

2 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I speculated a while ago it may be (Or include) a small 'Tony Stark Workshop' so we wouldn't get a full Hulkbuster, just the helmet along with a few other scraps and maybe an Iron Man suit or room to display his suit. It could happen, but not sure what sort of D2C would accommodate that. If it's a vehicle we haven't really seen a situation where it has an interior lab, given we dont know the price it's difficult to judge.

I have heard from a few people that the "good guy vehicle" was actually just that the set included the codewords "good guy" in it. If we couple that with a possible Iron Man workshop, plus the missing figures that aren't Guardians or the Winter Soldier, it points heavily towards Avengers HQ.

Edited by doclord

I see some confusion about the prices here. The price leaked about a month or so ago as part of the D2C sets list for this year. This is also where ee got the info about the licenesed D2C (which is probably hogwarts), some star-wars ones and an avengers one: it didn't said IW.

With that in mind I belive the orice is acurate since it seemed to predict the D2C itself before the source of @SpiderJazz.

I'm just spitballing here, but what are we certain the D2C is for Infinity War, and not just the MCU in general? Avengers Tower is easily the most iconic thing from the MCU, the only thing that'd make me not think it would be that would be that it was sold in Homecoming. One more theory in the spoiler tag...

[Backing up the idea of the tower would be the use of "time travel" in Avengers 4. Perhaps the end of the Infinity War deals with time travel, so we'd see the tower once more? Once again, this is just a big guess based on what we know. The Tower could also include a Hall of Armors or workshop area for the Mk. 43 and Hulkbuster head.]

12 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Wow, I was surprised with all of your theories and speculation.

Give us something to work with mang!

The Hulkbuster theory makes sense if you consider that there has been a rejected Ideas project proposing such a set before, much like the Helicarrier Ideas project that preceded the actual set.

Are they likely to make a set based on a smaller set from the same wave of the same theme? This is where someone throws a Star Wars set in to put me back in my box. I know that we have little to go on, but I don’t think it’s hulkbuster. Just my two cents.

42 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I guess we won’t see Ant-Man and the Wasp sets at the New York toy fair, since Lego is not exhibiting any products releasing in June or later. 

Where did u hear that?

42 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I guess we won’t see Ant-Man and the Wasp sets at the New York toy fair, since Lego is not exhibiting any products releasing in June or later. 

Where did u hear that?

I'm slightly concerned about the quality of this D2C if all we've seen that could be a part of it is a single (old) Iron Man suit.

Edited by doclord

3 hours ago, MasterofElements said:

I'm just spitballing here, but what are we certain the D2C is for Infinity War, and not just the MCU in general? Avengers Tower is easily the most iconic thing from the MCU, the only thing that'd make me not think it would be that would be that it was sold in Homecoming. One more theory in the spoiler tag...

Hide contents

[Backing up the idea of the tower would be the use of "time travel" in Avengers 4. Perhaps the end of the Infinity War deals with time travel, so we'd see the tower once more? Once again, this is just a big guess based on what we know. The Tower could also include a Hall of Armors or workshop area for the Mk. 43 and Hulkbuster head.]

I'd like the idea of a D2C Avengers Tower, and if we did get one there could still be some type of aircraft. But chances of that happening are slim.

12 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Where did $160 come from?

I posted a price list from a German site that said the D2C was priced at 160 euros. This is very much unconfirmed but it is the only place anyone has seen a price for it so people had been going by that in absence of other sources.

7 hours ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

I see some confusion about the prices here. The price leaked about a month or so ago as part of the D2C sets list for this year. This is also where ee got the info about the licenesed D2C (which is probably hogwarts), some star-wars ones and an avengers one: it didn't said IW.

With that in mind I belive the orice is acurate since it seemed to predict the D2C itself before the source of @SpiderJazz.

Oh I missed that one

Edited by grimmfreak
typo

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Guys with the new catalogue for summer 2018, there are no ant man and the wasp sets listed....

Bummer.

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Guys with the new catalogue for summer 2018, there are no ant man and the wasp sets listed....

So does that mean they're not making them at all? Do we seriously have to wait till next year for a *chance* at Wasp? The only founding avenger we still don't have. Ugh.

Just now, Ultron said:

So does that mean they're not making them at all? Do we seriously have to wait till next year for a *chance* at Wasp? The only founding avenger we still don't have. Ugh.

Store exclusive at best is my guess 

Guys don't give up hope just yet! Neither the exlucive nor the D2C show up there, plus no aqua man movie sets. I think it still could happan and lego is just better at hiding it.