Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

And guys, just so you know. Infinity War D2C is also set to be released in March 1st. Incase you are wondering. :wink:

No way! And there’s no early VIP access? So we can expect a reveal in the first week or so of February?

Iron Man; Pretty much as expected - not really many design changes, but looks good, seems lighter than the previous one
Thanos; Looks good other than the printed gauntlet piece and the yellow instead of gold
Star Lord; Face looks weird, they did not do the best job portraying the helmet with the printed piece - other than that looks good
Gamora; Hair is interesting not sure it works well, but other than that looks good

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

It's not the Quinjet, good news for those guys who is tired in getting the Avengers aircraft. :blush:

Hopefully it's not the Milano either though... would be so odd to get the Milano after getting two sets devoted to the Milano in this line-up already and GotG3 presumably arriving in 2020.

Part of me is concerned it might be a smaller version of the Helicarrier with all the talk about 'good guy' ships xD

Edited by Scarilian

5 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Hopefully it's not the Milano either though... would be so odd to get the Milano after getting two sets devoted to the Milano in this line-up already and GotG3 presumably arriving in 2020.

Part of me is concerned it might be a smaller version of the Helicarrier with all the talk about 'good guy' ships xD

In universe the helicarrier has been destroyed, so I don't think so.

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

It's not the Quinjet, good news for those guys who is tired in getting the Avengers aircraft. :blush:

We’re getting a UCS Stark-Jet in this the first Lego Marvel Super Heroes!

Jokes aside, I agree with @Scarilian. It really can’t (or at least shouldn’t) be the Milano.

The Statesman could be cool, if it plays a large enough role in this specific movie, and could include eyepatch Thor and a new Loki, as well as Korg, Heimdall, and a slew of others. 

Or it could be an entirely new vehicle we have yet to see. 

3 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

When was this? The Helicarrier and it’s passengers survived Sokovia (then again, we haven’t seen Fury or Agent Hill since...)

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

That's all I can say folks. I need to be very quite. Thanks for understanding. 

It's alright, thanks for relaying what you have so far. In your own opinion, when would you expect us to see images of the set? The potential lack of being released as a VIP set would make it less likely to be in the calendar, so when would they reveal it?

16 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

In universe, the Helicarriers have all been destroyed except the original one - which was repaired and last seen in Age Of Ultron, unless i am mistaken. Regardless i still think that they could redesign and re-release a Lego set of the Helicarrier, it was very popular and if redesigned to remove the motorized gimmick it could probably be streamlined in terms of pieces - after all it was never really in scale to begin with.

Either way, the remarks from SpiderJazz about it not being the 'Quinjet, good news for those guys who is tired in getting the Avengers aircraft' leads me to expect now that it's for the Guardians or Thor's group - if it is indeed a good guy ship.

12 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

The Statesman could be cool, if it plays a large enough role in this specific movie, and could include eyepatch Thor and a new Loki, as well as Korg, Heimdall, and a slew of others.

The Statesman has an interesting design and admittedly i would like to get some of the figures from such a potential set - but i doubt it's iconic enough personally. We haven't even seen it in the trailers/marketing yet (other than perhaps a shot from the interior)

Edited by Scarilian

37 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

If it releases March 1st, it must be on the store calendar, so we’ll see it latest by February 1st! I’m kind of disappointed that it isn’t a Quinjet, because I can’t think of any other good guy ship as iconic. There’s the Milano, but we got one in 2014, 2017, and now 2018, so while a UCS style one would be amazing I don’t think it’ll happen. Is it still confirmed to be a vehicle? I really want Avengers Facility...

53 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

If it releases March 1st, it must be on the store calendar, so we’ll see it latest by February 1st! I’m kind of disappointed that it isn’t a Quinjet, because I can’t think of any other good guy ship as iconic. There’s the Milano, but we got one in 2014, 2017, and now 2018, so while a UCS style one would be amazing I don’t think it’ll happen. Is it still confirmed to be a vehicle? I really want Avengers Facility...

Yea, it's in the catalog. I think Aug 2018 sets. 

And also just to share with you guys. I didn't see any store exclusive. Or they aren't really part of catalog? 

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yea, it's in the catalog. I think Aug 2018 sets. 

And also just to share with you guys. I didn't see any store exclusive. Or they aren't really part of catalog? 

As far as I remember, store exclusives aren't usually in the catalogues. By the way, any news on Ant-Man and the Wasp sets?

13 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

As far as I remember, store exclusives aren't usually in the catalogues. By the way, any news on Ant-Man and the Wasp sets?

Still no news, but just now. Literally just now. I've seen a re-used yellow jacket mold that is on a different color. I hope it's not the new antman helmet though.

Hopefully if the D2C is the Statesman it will come with characters like an accurate Thor, Hulk, Korg, Meik, Valkyrie, Heimdall and an accurate Thanos.

I’m probably setting my expectations a little too high.

Edited by Rookie875

13 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Still no news, but just now. Literally just now. I've seen a re-used yellow jacket mold that is on a different color. I hope it's not the new antman helmet though.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Saw that yesterday too, I think it's fake to be honest. Someone suggested it being for Ghost, but if they're going to reuse a helmet mold for her then I think it'd be the First order Flametrooper helmet from SW.

Or it could 

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

What color?

5 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Or it could 

What color?

1 minute ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Red and black

Indeed.

I’m hoping the D2C is Avengers-based so we can get the figures we’re missing, since we won’t get figures like Scarlet Witch and Bucky in a space-based set. 

Where can the picture of the helmet be found?