Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

23 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Maybe when toy fair comes (February 16th) we can get a glimpse at the d2c

Not usually Lego’s manner of operating. D2Cs get big press releases, with few exceptions. And we wouldn’t see the seventh set as the movie isn’t out (risk of spoilers). They’ll likely just display the initial wave of six (as they have yet to officially reveal those).

Where are people finding the pics of the potential Hawkeye/Ronin figure? He's my favorite avenger, so I hope they do him justice this time. Apart from Civil War the other figs were lackluster.

So, some thoughts on the Infinity War sets. Everyone else has gone into more depth on most of it already, and I mostly agree with the general consensus, so just gonna skim through some stuff.

1) Gonna get the Sanctum, Hulkbuster, and the Battle Pack (which... build there is meh, but a set like that it'd be about the same price to buy it as to bricklink the figures, so no reason not to)

2) I am 100% gonna turn that Sanctum set into a full modular building. I'm pretty much done with modding my Avenger's Tower, so I'm excited to have a new building project. And hell, probably turn the other side of it into a modular apartment building too. Fortunately, the official set is AMAZING and it looks like it's mostly a matter of expanding out the sides and figuring out the back. Think I'm gonna move my storage room from my Avengers Tower into the interior of that, maybe turn that space into a training room or something...

3) I'm excited we're getting a Battle Pack-ish set, since that's something I really wish we got more of in the Marvel Superheroes theme. I wish it could be more pure Battle Pack and not have any named characters (maybe two Outriders and two Dora Milaje, or a Dora and a Wakandan soldier?), but I get that we're probably never going to get that in this theme. Do like that they're making up for keeping Black Widow exclusive to the most expensive sets in the first two Avengers waves by putting her in the cheapest set again.

4) Do we know which minifigs are for sure repeats? Bruce Banner, and it looks like Rocket, Star Lord, Black Panther and Vision? All of which I'm okay with being repeats. Or, would be in a regular wave, and in this one I wish were given to one of the 40-odd characters that are somehow in the movie that we're missing...

5) Overall, SUPER happy with this wave. Given a side glance over at the DC winter wave and am a little jelous we're not getting any comic sets in the near future, but gotdamn is this a great line.

After a month of searchings, I've finally found my first Black Panther set in the UK (Panther & Rhino vs Jaguar). Where was this set? Sainsburys. Thank the Man Upstairs for you Sainsburys

25 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

After a month of searchings, I've finally found my first Black Panther set in the UK (Panther & Rhino vs Jaguar). Where was this set? Sainsburys. Thank the Man Upstairs for you Sainsburys

Also at Argos now.

Alright so I really love all the figures (I thought Okoye was going to be in orange, turns out its orange-brown), the Rhino is pretty cool, also like the cart. Not really a fan of the cart track though, its kind of messy and really short. Like its actually pretty useless really, maybe unless your 7 and enjoy pushing a cart along an 8cm line. Im probably gonna deconstruct it for the extra Vibranium

Edited by Quicksilver838

11 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Alright so I really love all the figures (I thought Okoye was going to be in orange, turns out its orange-brown), the Rhino is pretty cool, also like the cart. Not really a fan of the cart track though, its kind of messy and really short. Like its actually pretty useless really, maybe unless your 7 and enjoy pushing a cart along an 8cm line. Im probably gonna deconstruct it for the extra Vibranium

I’m waiting for the long light gray tracks from the new City mine to hit BrickLink so I can expand my track with curves and stuff. The one in the set really is way too short. 

It's a shame that after 3 years they still refuse to update correct Vision's eyes. Just kind of waiting for a comic version at this point. 

Edited by Ultron

Just now, Ultron said:

It's a shame that after 3 years they still refuse to update Vision's eyes. Just kind of waiting for a comic version at this point. 

Vision is fine with, can't think of any details that the fig could have been better.

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

Vision is fine with, can't think of any details that the fig could have been better.

Well, I mean, he doesn't have purple eyes. It was excusable during the first appearance since it's based on concept art, but they went to the trouble of updating his stone color so I don't understand the laziness behind not easily changing the eyes at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, doclord said:

Why are people calling the Outrider set a Battlepack when only half the figures are army builders? 

Because haven't you heard? That's what Lego passes off as a battle pack nowadays sadly. :/

Because 4 figs for small set is good to get, nowadays.

Just to share, I remember Brickshow describing it with only 3 figs they said, but I saw this pics ahead of them, some people questioning my accuracy. I'm happy that atleast it has 2 outriders for an easy army build.

36 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Because haven't you heard? That's what Lego passes off as a battle pack nowadays sadly. :/

Because a traditional Lego battle pack (Star Wars, Chima, etc.) usually has four figures and a small build for $13-15, and this set fits that description exactly. It’s the cheapest way to get Outriders and they’re easy to army build with this pack, especially since you can sell off your extra Black Widow and Nomad figures and maybe make a few bucks back. 

48 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Because a traditional Lego battle pack (Star Wars, Chima, etc.) usually has four figures and a small build for $13-15, and this set fits that description exactly. It’s the cheapest way to get Outriders and they’re easy to army build with this pack, especially since you can sell off your extra Black Widow and Nomad figures and maybe make a few bucks back. 

Plus, the Superheroes line has never gotten a pure battle pack--closest we got was the Ultron one, and that still had an Iron Man in it. I suspect we never will, since the genre is more geared towards conflicts between small groups of named characters, instead of large armies like in Star Wars...

Like her minifig, Gamora's Brickheadz is beautiful. I'll try to send picture of the pamphlet  to Mario or any other IG pages for you guys to see.

I think I can also give some news about the D2C soon. Keep in touch. 

9 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Like her minifig, Gamora's Brickheadz is beautiful. 

I think I can also give some news about the D2C soon. Keep in touch. 

Glad to hear that. I’m definitely getting Star Lord-I suppose I wouldn’t mind Gamora to go with him.

And I’m even more glad to hear that! I’ll definitely be keeping my ear to the ground!

12 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I love that Gamora! I loved the build for her hair and the new prints look awesome. Great BrickHeadz for this theme. I’m definitely getting all of them. 

I know right, the only thing that dissapoints me. Actually, mk50 minifig has design on it's wings even if it's just stickers but for the Brickheadz it doesn't have any printing at all.

Btw, did you see the pics on my IG?

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

And guys, just so you know. Infinity War D2C is also set to be released in March 1st. Incase you are wondering. :wink:

HYPE!
Does that mean it will be on the calendar? Kind of like the Helicarrier?
LEGO-Marvel-Super-Heroes-UCS-Helicarrier