Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

So. If anyone feels like PMing me, that'd be cool. I currently can't find most of these images. Still looking though!

You can send me a pm with your email address, I can send you the HQ pictures of the 6 sets.

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

$50 is a decent price, can have at-least 4 figs and 1 Big figure. 1 repeat 3 new char(s) and a big fig (could be Hulk, or Thanos) Anything is possible.

SPECULATION
Personally leaning towards the $50 set being an extension of the Thanos' Ultimate battle looking similar to the 'Ultimate Battle For Asgard' which was also priced at $50.

76084-1.jpg?201705170344

Build; Circular spaceship from the trailers
Figures;  Nebula, Mantis, Drax, Loki, Hulk

Reasoning;

Spoiler
  • We've seen Nebula, Mantis and Drax in images of the final battle via the SDCC trailer.
  • We've seen the Circular spaceship as part of the final battle
  • Hulk is one of the only missing big figures, we know he takes part in the Wakanda battle and presumably other fights in the movie, if anyone is going to fight toe-to-toe with Thanos at the end it'll be Hulk

In terms of why the set would potentially be late due to spoilers;

• In the comics Nebula obtained the Gauntlet, if such an aspect plays out in the movies it would be quite the twist that many who are unfamiliar with the comics would not see coming
  • Loki presumably gets into some trouble with Thanos early in the movie judging from the trailer and his fate may be unrevealed until he returns to help at the end of the movie
  • Captain Marvel is also a character who could appear in this set either as an extra figure or replacing Loki, given she is on the cast list for the movie, though we are currently unsure if she'll appear in costume

The set would work also extremely well when paired with Thanos' Ultimate Battle and Thor's Weapon Quest;

• You would have all the Guardians (7) via these three sets (Rocket, Groot, Gamora, Star Lord, Nebula, Drax and Mantis)
  • You would have Thor and Loki
  • You would have Hulk and Thanos to battle it out
  • You would be able to complete the Guardians ship via attaching the drop pod from Thor's Weapon Quest and that should in theory give it room to fit all the Guardians
  • You would have the spaceship of the Guardians and one of the spaceships of Thanos/Black Order to have the two battle it out

The D2C would then include some of the remaining Earth-based heroes such as War Machine, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Iron Man Mk43 (No upper torso plate) which would fill well with the idea of it being Avengers Facility and filling out most the missing characters.

Edited by Scarilian

A lot of people are saying that the Hulk has to be in a set because we see him in the trailer. Do we forget that marvel likes to put things in trailers that aren’t in the film? Or change things? Think Thor’s eye patch, or Vision and Scarlett with etc. Being missing from the Ultron trailers. Or if you want to think Disney in general, how about the TIE fighter in Rogue One?

Personally I’ve doubted the hulk is really in that scene ever since the trailer was released, it may just be unfinished cgi, but something about him in the shot feels out of place.

53 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

A lot of people are saying that the Hulk has to be in a set because we see him in the trailer. Do we forget that marvel likes to put things in trailers that aren’t in the film? Or change things? Think Thor’s eye patch, or Vision and Scarlett with etc. Being missing from the Ultron trailers. Or if you want to think Disney in general, how about the TIE fighter in Rogue One?

Personally I’ve doubted the hulk is really in that scene ever since the trailer was released, it may just be unfinished cgi, but something about him in the shot feels out of place.

Rogue One was a special case though, since a lot of that movie was changed from the time the first trailer releases. Thor’s eyepatch was purposefully edited out of marketing materials and Vision wasn’t shown (except for his eyes) because they wanted his design to be a surprise. Scarlet Witch was in every Ultron trailer. Marvel doesn’t really have stuff in their trailers that don’t make it to the finished movie. The biggest example I can think of is Hela’s first scene being moved from a New York alley to Norway. I think Hulk will be in that shot in the movie but I doubt he’ll be getting a figure in these sets- we already have two new bigfigs and I don’t know anyone who’s dying for another Hulk. I’d rather have characters like War Machine, the Winter Soldier, Scarlet Witch, Nebula, and Drax made for these sets. 

@Scarilian I like the idea of being a 3rd set to incorporate with the Thanos: Final Battle.

I also like to point out the interior of the new Milano. If the detachable pod can fit atleast 2 figs, the scale of the new Milano won't be too bad. I guess that cockpit at the front fits 2 also. So you have 4 in total. I hope that there's also a room for figures in the middle of the ship.

As for the figs, they can't give out all of the missing characters. Lego is smart. They still throw in some repeats in there.

@GoldenNinja3000 War Machine is missing his gatling gun, but I don't think it will be a big factor to make a new fig of him. Definitely, Scarlet Witch deserves the slot. New outfit. And a great use of 2018 DC power blast (As we all know, Infinity War sets are using them) Not sure about Nebula and Drax tho. We got a Drax that is perfect already, just the butter knife weapon makes me sick. Winter Soldier having his new arm, I know that just a small detail, metal arm without the red star, but also think about the face print. This is the first time Starlord and Bucky are both in the wave. They should change face print either of them, obviously it's not Starlord. (I'll be okay if Winter Soldier gets the new faceprint of Owen in Jurassic World sets) atleast we can just switch it then use a different head for him. Personally, I'm using the lone ranger cavalry head that has stubbles.

9 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

This is the first time Starlord and Bucky are both in the wave. They should change face print either of them, obviously it's not Starlord. 

Though not within the same wave, but rather a few months apart, the Captain America: Civil War sets used the same face print for unmasked Captain America and Hawkeye.

I've finally been able to view pictures!

Based on what I can see, here's what I think:

-Thor's new torso looks very cool, too bad about the lack of eyepatch, but oh well.
 The rest of the set is great too, Teen Groot looks nice :thumbup:

-Thanos's Ultimate Battle is a nice, loving the Infinity Gauntlet and its stand. Should it be possible to switch one of Thanos' hands with that glove, or?
 Not a big fan of the attachments to Iron Man's armor, but it's definitely accurate, so that's cool.

-The Outrider Dropship Attack could be used as a nice army collector, I suppose. Cap looks great! Black Widow (I take it?) seems meh.

- I don't care much for the Corvus Glaive Thrasher Attack. Aside from Corvus Glaive himself, not a lot of interesting minifigures for me, and same for the builds.

-Sanctom Santorum is definitely my favorite. Haven't seen the interior, but it looks awesome on the outside already. Loving the Sanctorum's upper window :wub: 
 Cull Obsidian rocks! Can't tell much difference between this Iron Man armor and the one from Ultimate Battle (assuming they're even supposed to be different?), but I like this one.
 I don't really like the MCU-version Iron Spider Armor, but LEGO's version, too, is accurate to the movie, so not a bad addition.
 The set seems to have a great selection of small items as well, such as Tony's cellphone, the one he got from Cap at the end of Civil War.

All in all, a great wave though! 

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

@Scarilian I like the idea of being a 3rd set to incorporate with the Thanos: Final Battle.

I also like to point out the interior of the new Milano. If the detachable pod can fit atleast 2 figs, the scale of the new Milano won't be too bad. I guess that cockpit at the front fits 2 also. So you have 4 in total. I hope that there's also a room for figures in the middle of the ship.

As for the figs, they can't give out all of the missing characters. Lego is smart. They still throw in some repeats in there.

@GoldenNinja3000 War Machine is missing his gatling gun, but I don't think it will be a big factor to make a new fig of him. Definitely, Scarlet Witch deserves the slot. New outfit. And a great use of 2018 DC power blast (As we all know, Infinity War sets are using them) Not sure about Nebula and Drax tho. We got a Drax that is perfect already, just the butter knife weapon makes me sick. Winter Soldier having his new arm, I know that just a small detail, metal arm without the red star, but also think about the face print. This is the first time Starlord and Bucky are both in the wave. They should change face print either of them, obviously it's not Starlord. (I'll be okay if Winter Soldier gets the new faceprint of Owen in Jurassic World sets) atleast we can just switch it then use a different head for him. Personally, I'm using the lone ranger cavalry head that has stubbles.

I don’t think the new Milano has room for figures in the middle, because there’s a deployable space bike in it and I’m assuming that’s taking up all the room. 

I think a new War Machine would be good because we last saw him in 2016 in a $80 set. Nebula should get a new figure because of how important she is in relation to Thanos, and if we don’t get a new Scarlet Witch I’m going to be mad since she has a completely new look. 

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

Though not within the same wave, but rather a few months apart, the Captain America: Civil War sets used the same face print for unmasked Captain America and Hawkeye.

Indeed, and that sucks. 

18 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don’t think the new Milano has room for figures in the middle, because there’s a deployable space bike in it and I’m assuming that’s taking up all the room. 

I think a new War Machine would be good because we last saw him in 2016 in a $80 set. Nebula should get a new figure because of how important she is in relation to Thanos, and if we don’t get a new Scarlet Witch I’m going to be mad since she has a completely new look. 

Oh fudge! I forgot about that play feature, We haven't seen the space bike yet, if it's like a motorcycle in Quinjet that fits a fig even if it's inside the Milano then I'm cool with that. Atleast Starlord and Gamora can ride it.

Based on the trailers there's nothing new about WarMa he just don't have his gatling gun in his shoulder. Also, yeap Nebula on how important her character I'll give that to her, but I hope there's a change in costume too. Gamora gets all the love in this sets, compare to her. 

17 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Indeed, and that sucks. 

Oh fudge! I forgot about that play feature, We haven't seen the space bike yet, if it's like a motorcycle in Quinjet that fits a fig even if it's inside the Milano then I'm cool with that. Atleast Starlord and Gamora can ride it.

Based on the trailers there's nothing new about WarMa he just don't have his gatling gun in his shoulder. Also, yeap Nebula on how important her character I'll give that to her, but I hope there's a change in costume too. Gamora gets all the love in this sets, compare to her. 

I didn’t mean to say a new War Machine, whoops! I think even a repeat would be nice to get just because it’s been a while since he’s been available on shelves. I’m honestly surprised a Black Panther figure was put in a set because he just got his own wave of movie sets. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m honestly surprised a Black Panther figure was put in a set because he just got his own wave of movie sets. 

I am surprised they put the SAME Black Panther in the set. I’m not surprised we got him, given his prominence in that battle.

12 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I am surprised they put the SAME Black Panther in the set. I’m not surprised we got him, given his prominence in that battle.

I’m not surprised about the figure being a repeat, since he wears the same suit in BP and IW, but it would’ve been nice to get an eyes closed version. 

Majority here probably have seen the Mark 43 and what is the printing difference between the old one (from AoU)

Just now, I was shown back print of this fig we are missing. (Although some of you probably seen it) it looks like the whole chest part is exposed same thing with the back print. I wonder what happened with this fig.

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, the space bike could be a problem, depends how much room is taken up. If it's like Age Of Ultron then i doubt the middle has room, other than maybe one figure on the bike. I think the front has enough room for two or three figures, bike presumably can fit one figure while Thor's drop pod can fit at least two. So i'd guess five or six figures. We need to see more though, it's always possible the altered design enables four figures to sit up the front which would allow all seven figures to fit (4 front, 1 bike, 2 pod)

Just now, Scarilian said:

Yeah, the space bike could be a problem, depends how much room is taken up. If it's like Age Of Ultron then i doubt the middle has room, other than maybe one figure on the bike. I think the front has enough room for two or three figures, bike presumably can fit one figure while Thor's drop pod can fit at least two. So i'd guess five or six figures. We need to see more though, it's always possible the altered design enables four figures to sit up the front which would allow all seven figures to fit (4 front, 1 bike, 2 pod)

I think the description said Star-Lord and Gamora can both fit on the space bike, and if you can have figures sitting in it while it’s in the ship then that’s a 6 seater ship in total (assuming the cockpit and escape pod both fit 2), which is enough for all the Guardians. 

It’s weird that we’ve had rumors for the rest of the summer sets but none for Marvel ?

I seriously hope that we get an AatW set or two. Maybe a comic Spidey with Daredevil set given the sticker in the Sanctum set?

Here's an official image released for July's Ant-Man and the Wasp, showing both characters' new suits. I'll just say, I really like Wasp's helmet design, as it sort of reminds of the helmets donned by the main characters in Big Hero 6.

Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp.jpg?q=50&w=786&h=52

The descriptions of the sets that leaked a while back suggested that the pod from the Thor set could fit 3 figures and the Milano could fit 2 on the bike with room in the back for 2 more figures. I'm not sure if it's accurate though, since the descriptions were roughly translated, so take this with a grain of salt.

2 hours ago, DJ Bricks said:

It’s weird that we’ve had rumors for the rest of the summer sets but none for Marvel ?

Probably tighter regulations in general for Marvel. It’s a sensitive time between these two Avengers movies. We only just got the Infinity War images. 

4 hours ago, DJ Bricks said:

I seriously hope that we get an AatW set or two. Maybe a comic Spidey with Daredevil set given the sticker in the Sanctum set?

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

Probably tighter regulations in general for Marvel. It’s a sensitive time between these two Avengers movies. We only just got the Infinity War images. 

Yea and we still don't even know what the D2C is yet.

9 hours ago, DJ Bricks said:

I’d really love that too! I’ve been dying for a comic Daredevil minifigure but idk how a comic wave would fit though. I’m guessing the summer wave will have 2 Ant-Man/Wasp sets and probably the 7th set and D2C set for Infinity War. Just my speculation! We will find out more hopefully soon with the toy fairs coming up.

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN

Infinity War Hulkbuster

Speaking of pictures, here's one of the conceptual art for the Hulkbuster 2.0

As you can see, it's very accurate with the design, Lego using stickers is actually okay this time because it's accurate, it good be alot better if they are printing all over **Just wishful thinking**

Tiny bit of information, I was told by my source. D2C has something to do with "Good Guy Ship" though it was translated from a foreign website. 

Dunno the legitimacy about it and accuracy.