Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

3 minutes ago, AmericaLego said:

I still see many Infinity War set images on social media. Does Lego just not care to remove the photos or accounts?

They just keep on reposting and reposting the same pictures, it's not with just a blink of an eye and they're gone.

An as for our well-known leakers, they are keeping the pictures for a couple of hours and delete it themselves.

I gotta say, the IW sets look Amazing. The only one I think is a waste is the Hulkbuster but I still may pick it up eventually on discount for the figures. I will defiantly be picking up the sanctum, the new ship, the drop pod and multiple corvis glave sets, I have some MOC plans for that one and I will need at least 2. I'm on the fence about attack of the riders, I'll decide about that one later, it would be nice for army building.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Nice catch bud, cool poster/sticker indeed but it doesn't mean we will get him soon. Don't get me wrong I also want a fig of him but there's no word yet, I won't jump into conclusion and then end up being dissapointed. 

Photoshopped.

@TurnOffTheDark I'll appreciate the pictures, I think I know what fig are you talking about. Can you send me some shots?

I'd be happy to :)

10 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

I hope so, but it appears to be only four studs deep in the Sanctum, 5 in the pizzeria/apartment. I think they may have sacrificed some space for exterior detail. I’m expecting about as much room as the Daily Bugle, maybe a little more, per floor.

Interestingly enough, yeah, it's leaning a bit too far in the direction of being a facade for me. As long as there's room for all the figs inside (minus Cull Obsidian), I'll be able to get behind it.

8 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Are these official prices? If so then the thanos set just became one of my first priorities 

6 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Are the prices posted above accurate? They seem too good to be true...

Yes, they are; the prices listed above are the official US MSRPs.

Some of the sets look to similar to what we got in the Guardians of the Galaxy sets last year to make much difference (like the orange Milano? or whatever craft that is). The Hulkbuster is an upgrade from the first, but not enough changes to make it a must buy. The "Wakanda Wall" looks like a fun playset.

But... that New York street set! WOW. That is one of the most spectacular Marvel movie sets I have ever seen. Looks like a modular building with the back cut out to allow for easy play, with the Sanctum Sanctorum above it, the pizza parlor and apartments. It reminds me of a lot of the MCU films, and also a little bit of the old Sam Rami Spider-Man films and Lego sets from way back in the day. The figures it comes with too, look spectacular! Overall, a pretty good wave. The small sets don't stand out to much, but the larger stuff is looking like some of the best this theme has ever had!

EDIT: Brickset is saying the Sanctum Sanctorum is going to be USD $99. That is awesome! The hollow back means it is a smaller set than it appears from the front, but the facade is so beautiful it really looks worthy next to the modular buildings. Could be a good gateway for young Lego fans unable to afford the larger D2C sets to experience what we have been experiencing with the detailing and methods in the larger sets. 

Edited by xboxtravis7992

So is it possible there'll be an additional set with some of the missing characters? By my count War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Mantis, Drax, Wong, Nebula and Hawkeye are all still missing.

28 minutes ago, Battlinpanther said:

So is it possible there'll be an additional set with some of the missing characters? By my count War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Mantis, Drax, Wong, Nebula and Hawkeye are all still missing.

For all we know, and it is confirmed (atleast by my source) We are going to get a 7th set (delay due to some spoilers) and a D2C (rumors are Avengers HQ or Sanctuary II)

22 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

For all we know, and it is confirmed (atleast by my source) We are going to get a 7th set (delay due to some spoilers) and a D2C (rumors are Avengers HQ or Sanctuary II)

So the 7th set will be a summer release? What about the D2C? 

@GoldenNinja3000 I don't have the details. Thing here is the last thing that was mentioned to me it is not a store or retailer exclusive. But I don't know someone posted that it is a store exclusive with a price of $50. Ayt?

So I was hoping to get other opinions on Falcon's new wings.  Anyone else feel the brick-built are an improvement?

Also, did anyone mention this?  I thought it was an interesting find.

6 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

So I was hoping to get other opinions on Falcon's new wings.  Anyone else feel the brick-built are an improvement?

I mentioned it a few pages back. It’s funny that even LEGO MCU sets references the Netflix shows while the movies still refuse to do so.

About the wings, I definitely preferred the old ones but these don’t look too bad to me. I do wish Falcon’s drone Redwing was a new piece instead of being brick-built. It appears as though the entire wing build is meant to be Redwing in the Hulkbuster set.

15 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Some of the sets look to similar to what we got in the Guardians of the Galaxy sets last year to make much difference (like the orange Milano? or whatever craft that is). The Hulkbuster is an upgrade from the first, but not enough changes to make it a must buy. The "Wakanda Wall" looks like a fun playset.

There's not really much else they can do as a Guardians Infinity War set, unless they have some sort of new vehicle or a gadget that would make a good LEGO build. 

1 hour ago, Dr Axels said:

The Civil War Falcon wings were a nice touch to the figure, but I am really looking forward to these. I’ve wanted Falcon to have brick-built wings since we got him. In the movies he uses them to protect himself, so having the brick-built allows for that and for other cool positions.

14 minutes ago, mrcngrck said:

after seeing last jedi, I think there will be redwing in new hulkbuster

How do you get Redwing being in a LEGO set by watching the Last Jedi??

2 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

I mentioned it a few pages back. It’s funny that even LEGO MCU sets references the Netflix shows while the movies still refuse to do so

It doesn't necessarily mean it's a Netflix MCU reference, probably just to comics/a hint at a possible upcoming Daredevil figure

21 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Did you miss the credits scene where Redwing was on the millennium falcon, turned to the camera and said, “I’m headed to the MCU,” opened a portal and flew in? Makes perfect sense

13 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Did you miss the credits scene where Redwing was on the millennium falcon, turned to the camera and said, “I’m headed to the MCU,” opened a portal and flew in? Makes perfect sense

That scene was so beautiful. I honestly teared up in the theater. Truly a work of art!

37 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

it was joke about this scene in the movie

First-Order-AT-ST-75201-11-Main-Guns.jpg?resize=625%2C417&ssl=1

18 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@GoldenNinja3000 I don't have the details. Thing here is the last thing that was mentioned to me it is not a store or retailer exclusive. But I don't know someone posted that it is a store exclusive with a price of $50. Ayt?

I had posted a price list I had seen on a German website that listed it as a store exclusive at $50. No idea how reliable that site is.

@grimmfreak I can't deny or confirm the details, all I know is that it is coming, as for the contents I really don't have concrete information yet. $50 is a decent price, can have atleast 4 figs and 1 Big figure. 1 repeat 3 new char(s) and a big fig (could be Hulk, or Thanos) Anything is possible. 

22 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

@grimmfreak I can't deny or confirm the details, all I know is that it is coming, as for the contents I really don't have concrete information yet. $50 is a decent price, can have atleast 4 figs and 1 Big figure. 1 repeat 3 new char(s) and a big fig (could be Hulk, or Thanos) Anything is possible. 

No, I understand that you have no more information. I was simply explaining that I was the one who had posted the price list and that the list came from a source whose reliability is questionable. I should correct myself though, It said 50 euros not dollars, I believe the same list said the D2C set had a price point of 160 euros. So for those who have been asking, as far as I know the list from the German site is the only place anyone has seen prices for these sets and again, I am NOT staking what little reputation I have on these boards on the correctness of this info.

@grimmfreak Not a problem bud, I'm not saying the source is reliable or not reliable and I think you're correct that this is the only site where to get the info about the prices, my sources also doesn't know the prices for those sets yet. 

But IF the prices are correct $50 is a decent price, I dunno about $160 for a D2C.

So. If anyone feels like PMing me, that'd be cool. I currently can't find most of these images. Still looking though!

Neeeevermind :wink:

Edited by rob-ot5000