Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

How has anyone said that the new Hulkbuster is inferior to the 2015 version. There’s comparison pics floating around and it’s astounding how much better the new one is

5 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

How has anyone said that the new Hulkbuster is inferior to the 2015 version. There’s comparison pics floating around and it’s astounding how much better the new one is

I know, right? The only one is really bad in comparison. 

5 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

I don’t know if this has been said yet but in the Sanctum set the newsstand has a New York Bulletin paper that reads “Crime Floods the Streets” and has a picture of Daredevil. Hopefully this is a tease that we will get him in a future set.

That's really cool! Nice catch! I really hope we get Daredevil soon. He even seems to have the black panther ears too 

They can't put it unless Marvel says so, right ? Right ?

Daredevil coming in the MCU in theater ?!

23 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

I don’t know if this has been said yet but in the Sanctum set the newsstand has a New York Bulletin paper that reads “Crime Floods the Streets” and has a picture of Daredevil. Hopefully this is a tease that we will get him in a future set.

https://i.imgur.com/zuTd0Nl.png

Great catch! Holy shit! I thought they just repeated the Daily Bugle set sticker from last year’s summer wave since they seem to have repeated a few of the Sanctum Sanctorum stickers. I’m so hyped right now! Hopefully he comes in a set with Punisher!

33 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

Wow, Daredevil on the same screen as a movie hero. Technically at least...

Ooh a daredevil set would be a most welcome one, nice catch on that sticker. Even if it doesn’t mean we’ll get DD, it is a cool sticker. 

Daredevil!!!! His design in the latest game is superb so I sincerely hope that we'll end up getting a figure based on that. Would also be extremely cool if we did, because that would be fun for Lego to incorporate into future sets to generate hype.

We're definitely getting him sometime, I can't think of any instance in superhero sets, both DC and Marvel, where a character was basically advertised on a sticker or printed element that we never ended up getting, I mean except Bruce Wayne's parents. And Gleek, who we still hope for. As others have pointed out, this does also have implications about the character having a mention or presence in the movie and the MCU as a whole.

9 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

We're definitely getting him sometime, I can't think of any instance in superhero sets, both DC and Marvel, where a character was basically advertised on a sticker or printed element that we never ended up getting, I mean except Bruce Wayne's parents. And Gleek, who we still hope for. As others have pointed out, this does also have implications about the character having a mention or presence in the movie and the MCU as a whole.

Does it though? Can it not simply be a fun easter egg on Legos part? 

27 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

You mean a cruel easter egg?

36 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Exactly. Just like the Hammer Tech and AIM easter eggs in the Civil War airport set

11 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Exactly. Just like the Hammer Tech and AIM easter eggs in the Civil War airport set

Well, we got a Hammer Tech sticker and then a year later we got Hammer as a figure...

Hopefully we see Daredevil as a minifigure, Also since everyone has been all hype for the Infinity War sets (as am I) has there been any word of comic based sets for this year? 

4 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Hopefully we see Daredevil as a minifigure, Also since everyone has been all hype for the Infinity War sets (as am I) has there been any word of comic based sets for this year? 

There’s no word on any comic-based sets. Assuming we get one or two sets for Ant-Man and the Wasp, the seventh Infinity War set, and a D2C this around this June, I’d say that’s a pretty full wave without comic sets.

No official word on Ant-Man and the Wasp sets either, but I’m expecting them to continue the pattern, and we’d likely hear about them via upcoming toy fairs.

Edited by Aegis2000

5 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

I think this year might be too packed with movies for comic sets. We could possibly get some in the winter wave before Captain Marvel.

Just now, doclord said:

I think this year might be too packed with movies for comic sets. We could possibly get some in the winter wave before Captain Marvel.

Hopefully the winter wave, Can't wait for Captain Marvel sets even though it so far away yet. if we don't see comic sets in the winter wave we might not till 2020 with Avengers 4 next year

That is certainly tantalizing... I won't even set myself up for disappointment and hope this is a movie easter egg but we are long overdue for getting DD as in a set. The BP earpiece placed backwards on a minifig head works perfectly for his horns and we've had 3 length bars fr some time now, hopefully we'll get him next time we get some comic-based sets. Fingers-crossed for Blade as well, and with a great new crescent piece coming in the next wave of Ninjago sets, I'd love to see Moon Knight as well! 

3 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

Nice catch bud, cool poster/sticker indeed but it doesn't mean we will get him soon. Don't get me wrong I also want a fig of him but there's no word yet, I won't jump into conclusion and then end up being dissapointed. 

4 hours ago, SgtKilr said:

Just saw an image on Instagram of an outsider with war machine and the mind stone in the same style of images as the leaks, looks like a fake though

Photoshopped.

@TurnOffTheDark I'll appreciate the pictures, I think I know what fig are you talking about. Can you send me some shots?

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I would think so too, but I get the feeling that Marvel would be careful about what easter eggs are placed in the movie sets, especially if they have to do with a character who's only appeared in shows that are ignored by the movies from what I've heard. It'd be pretty funny if a Lego set was the first form of an acknowledgement.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Well, we got a Hammer Tech sticker and then a year later we got Hammer as a figure...

This is what I think is most likely going to happen with Murdock.

2 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

As others have pointed out, this does also have implications about the character having a mention or presence in the movie and the MCU as a whole.

I really should have said could instead of does, didn't mean to jump to a conclusion on that part.