Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

1 minute ago, Aegis2000 said:

In the official description Mario posted last week for the Ultimate Battle, it’s called the Milano. These descriptions also told specific measurements, so I’d think they’re truthful.

Yeah, those descriptions that I sent him are from a French site. They're certainly legit. :)

I'm a little surprised that the Sanctum has hinges... you wonder if it'll have some decent floor space inside.

34 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

In the official description Mario posted last week for the Ultimate Battle, it’s called the Milano. These descriptions also told specific measurements, so I’d think they’re truthful.

I see, that's helpful. I wonder what caused the colour change. Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Azani said:

Yeah, those descriptions that I sent him are from a French site. They're certainly legit. :)

I'm a little surprised that the Sanctum has hinges... you wonder if it'll have some decent floor space inside.

I hope so, but it appears to be only four studs deep in the Sanctum, 5 in the pizzeria/apartment. I think they may have sacrificed some space for exterior detail. I’m expecting about as much room as the Daily Bugle, maybe a little more, per floor.

32 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Do we have English prices yet? I want to know how much I need to save

They'll be the same as us probably, maybe a bit higher or lower for some.  That's the way it always is

I don't mean to nitpick @SpiderJazz, but I don't think that the Sanctum's window is a new piece like you described earlier after all. To me, it appears to be a reprint of this part framed in by four large "macaroni" tiles.

Maybe they will include a smaller Hulkbuster in the D2C like they did with Metalbeard from TLM. He had his own set where he was full size and big meanwhile in the Metalbeard’s Sea Cow D2C set they scaled him down.

39 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I don't mean to nitpick @SpiderJazz, but I don't think that the Sanctum's window is a new piece like you described earlier after all. To me, it appears to be a reprint of this part framed in by four large "macaroni" tiles.

So I guess official description is not accurate at all?

7 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Maybe they will include a smaller Hulkbuster in the D2C like they did with Metalbeard from TLM. He had his own set where he was full size and big meanwhile in the Metalbeard’s Sea Cow D2C set they scaled him down.

That would be cool but, why different head prints? 

We see a Hulkbuster arm next to Banner in the trailer- perhaps the 7th set is also a Wakanda one, and pieces of the Hulkbuster are lying around? Or maybe the D2C has the other Iron Man suit we’ve seen and this Hulkbuster head is sitting on a table or something, like Tony was working on it. 

7 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Or maybe the D2C has the other Iron Man suit we’ve seen and this Hulkbuster head is sitting on a table or something, like Tony was working on it. 

I just realized the Iron Man in the Ultimate Battle and in the Sanctum are the same version! 

All of the ideas that you guys keep on mentioning has a good point and also possible.

But the weird thing here is, how come an exclusive set fig or D2C fig got leaked ahead of time?

Are we sure we aren't gettjnv any Polybag?

ALSO it is weak to be included in D2C or 7th set. Don't get me wrong guys.

We all know that it's just a vartiation, an exposed version of MARK 43

19 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

All of the ideas that you guys keep on mentioning has a good point and also possible.

But the weird thing here is, how come an exclusive set fig or D2C fig got leaked ahead of time?

Are we sure we aren't gettjnv any Polybag?

ALSO it is weak to be included in D2C or 7th set. Don't get me wrong guys.

We all know that it's just a vartiation, an exposed version of MARK 43

So it's even weirder if it will be included in a polybag - for what? Only exclusive legs?

I'm not too blown away by some of these; the small Cap set is a rather bizarre and simple build, and the minifigs in it don't really appeal to me, although not really any fault of Lego; I just don't like the design choices Marvel made for Cap and Black Widow in the movie. The Hulkbuster is still way too big, and Falcon's wing build looks too bulky for the character; I liked the wing piece he had last time. The Milano's a decent build, but losing so much of its shape, and all the blue, makes it far less desirable than the previous ones. And that Thanos bigfig is the worst offender; I don't like his design in the movie, but as far as we can tell right now from the marketing, Lego didn't even match up to his look by leaving that helmet on him, and so it just looks mismatched and worse than if they had stuck to the design. Not to mention the weird gem placement to make the gauntlet work; I would've preferred to see all the gems printed on a piece in the correct place.

That being said, I guarantee I'll be grabbing the Rocket/Groot/Thor set; even though Thor's missing his eyepatch, those three figures are all very desirable. And the Sanctum Sanctorum looks great, although I'll have to pass on it to save money. That's one I'll regret not having in the future.

11 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

From leyelie? I made a purist one, just waiting for Mighty Micros scarlet spideyto be available in my place. 

It was from AliExpress, I can't tell if it's a knock off. If it is it's the best knock I've personally seen. I'll message you pics of the one I have if you want

9 hours ago, Azani said:

The US prices are:

76101 - $14.99

76102 - $19.99

76103 - $39.99

76104 - $29.99

76107 - $69.99

76108 - $99.99

Are these official prices? If so then the thanos set just became one of my first priorities 

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

46 or 43?

56 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

So it's even weirder if it will be included in a polybag - for what? Only exclusive legs?

My mistake, it's basically the Mk43 (Pictured below) - upper torso print is different, legs have a tiny bit more detail in the gap on the side.

sh167.png

Edited by Scarilian

Peter Parker’s apartment in the Sanctum set has a trans purple cylinder with a silver stud at the bottom as seen through the window representing the Chitauri energy core/bomb from Homecoming. Makes sense since Ned and Peter (Peter at least) do analyze it in his apartment if I’m remembering it correctly. This was also included in the Beware the Vulture set.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:14 PM, Ultron said:

Are you and I looking at the same set..? What other theme, licensed or not, has a building half as detailed as this? Seems you set your expectations impossibly high

errr they do realise the back hasn't been shown jeesh lego fans are so nitpicky

Edited by TheGlynreaper

Just saw an image on Instagram of an outsider with war machine and the mind stone in the same style of images as the leaks, looks like a fake though

Guys, before you judge the Milano for being inaccurate to previous movies, consider that it may be accurate to this one.

10 hours ago, Azani said:

The US prices are:

76101 - $14.99

76102 - $19.99

76103 - $39.99

76104 - $29.99

76107 - $69.99

76108 - $99.99

Do you have any clue how much they'll cost in Britain?

6 minutes ago, SgtKilr said:

Just saw an image on Instagram of an outsider with war machine and the mind stone in the same style of images as the leaks, looks like a fake though

It's definitely a fake.

9 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Guys, before you judge the Milano for being inaccurate to previous movies, consider that it may be accurate to this one.

It's clearly a completely new design of ship, I'm not sure why people think it's the same ship from the other films with a new color scheme. I honestly really preferred the old design but it's inevitable we would get a "Milano Mark II". The yellow/orange and grey is a really boring color scheme on its own and the previous model had a really nice shape to the hull that I really liked, plus I liked all the little wings on the ends, now there's just 2 on each and the whole craft is sleeker. I'll try to withhold some judgement until we see the in-universe design.  

Are the prices posted above accurate? They seem too good to be true...

I still really wish they had made the Sanctum set just the Sanctum without cramming Peter's room and a pizzeria into it. It doesn't appear to have much interior space as it is, I'm not going to be too thrilled if they wasted a bunch of space on the other stuff that didn't need to be there. I am relieved to see Doctor Strange does in fact have his proper cape with the collar. I'm also happy to see we are getting 2 full sets of the new blast elements.

Edited by ToaDraco

I actually take it back, I do think the new ship is another version of the Milano, it even has the "nipples" on the front and the same window as the v2 from GOTG2. It's just a timeskip version and probably one they bought or made later.

It's not like they can't go back and make more versions of the OG Milano: didn't the Helicarrier set get released after 99% of them blew up in the movies?

15 minutes ago, ood0 said:

At a guess:

£12/13

£20

£35/40

£30

£60

£90

The Sanctum looks incredible, I'm really looking forward to seeing the interior of the building though.:grin:  Do we have any indication as to what the D2C is going to be?